J&L in NYC = Buy 2 get 1 free on AES

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
For those of you in NYC I dropped by J&L yesterday (Canal St and Elizabeth) - they are having a sale: Buy 2 get 1 Free on all systems including the Neo Geo CD and AES.

Sure their prices are often on the high side but with this offer you can certainly get a good deal.

I was not too smart myself so ended up with MS3 AES (jp) + Robo Army AES (US) + Eightman AES (US) + Flying Power Disc (CD jp) for $350 - still not to bad a deal but I wish should have gone with the more expensive titles (retrospectively I should have taken Matrimele + MS3 and would have taken a FREE shooter or Waku Waku)

They still have a decent number of games there, saaw a MOTW ($395 jp), Matrimelee, KOF 98, 2000, 2001, Gangan, Waku Waku and more.

There are probably a few deals to make.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I wish I were Big Tymer :( That Garou MOTW has been there for months, and it always looks so tantalizing in the display case... but where am I going to get $800 to buy 3 home carts...

Last edited:

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
bokmeow said:
I wish I were Big Tymer :( That Garou MOTW has been there for months, and it always looks so tantalizing in the display case... but where am I going to get $800 to buy 3 home carts...

I know, I went there just to get Eightman... see how it ended :( Pasta for the next 3 months!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
What's this?! A physical store that carries AES games? I thought only Game Dude did that.

bokmeow

GregN. said:
What's this?! A physical store that carries AES games? I thought only Game Dude did that.

You name it, J&L's got it. Its prices aren't always on the ball, but you won't hear a complaint about its quite wicked selection.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
...not to mention some of the coolest guys working there, who are more than willing to shoot the breeze with you about game-related stuff

and mucho thanks to Howdoin for keeping us apprised of this...too bad my funds are on the small side as of late
:(

beatifik

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
are they going out of business or something?

is this for chinese new year?

how long is it going for? i'm out of town until friday. hopefully i can still pick some games up next weekend...

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
beatifik said:
bite your tongue...
:lolz:

meh, most likely they've decided to try and see if they can unload some stuff they've had sitting for a while...like that aforementioned Garou AES for instance

bokmeow

I hope everyone has noticed that the sale is extended to all systems and games, not just the Neo-Geo?

Maybe I'll pick up that silly Garou 2001 Bootleg for the GBA... the English description on the back is hilarious, something about a sunken Atlantis city :kekeke:

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
beatifik said:

is this for chinese new year?

how long is it going for? i'm out of town until friday. hopefully i can still pick some games up next weekend...

nah they are just trying to unlod old stock... and their Neo games sure are old stock.

The Eightman I picked up had been sitting there since June of last year at least (that's when I first spoted it).

The thing to realise, as I said before, is that you don't really get a good deal on the AES unless you buy the expensive titles. The price I paid for my games is fair but nothign crazy (MS3 for $250, Eightman for $75 and Robot Army for Free).

Even the Garou at $395 is about $100 more than you could get on eBay right now... so unless you buy 2 $300/$400 games and get a third free you only end up paying fair price.

BTW make sure you check the game before you buy, some of the "cheaper" AES ae missing manual or have damaged insert (My Eightman is in such a condition :( )

bokmeow

NEgO MANIAC said:
How far is this place from Time Square? Directions?

Take the N or the R to go to Chinatown, and from that station it's about a 10 minute walk. It's on Elizabeth Street. I don't have the business card on me at the moment, I can check for you tomorrow.

aria

Former Moderator
Wow, that's a marketing statement I never thought I'd here involving the Neo.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
I've been to J&L once, and wasn't really impressed. They probably have the best selection in the immediate area as far as games go, but they're overpriced. Anyway, J&L is actually visible from the corner of Canal Street, and Elizabeth Street in Chinatown. I was there earlier this month, and they had a MAS Systems Neo stick for 125, and a small amount of AES stuff. Worth a look if you're in the area, I guess. There is however one more shop that's close by. Right down the street from J&L is the Elizabeth Center. Go inside, go down the escalator, make a right, walk all the way to the back, and there's a small game shop. The selection's not as large as J&L, but the prices are better. Rest of the Elizabeth Center seemed to be mostly overpriced bootleg anime, and various other small shops. Worth browsing if you're close by.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Damn... didn't know this was happening!
I'm going to have to check this out tomorrow!! :eek:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Went to J&L to check out their GBA/DS selection.

As usual, they have alot of games, but all overpriced. Spotted Double Dragon Advance, they want $35 for it (new). I thought about it and decided to check out Penguin Village and bought DDA for $19 new. Saved myself $16, haha.

In short: J&L's prices suck like always. The people working there are pretty nice though.

SSS

neo retired
heh, I bought a cyberlip there a few months back. I think they also had pulstar for neocd if I remember. 100 bucks :angry:

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Lastblade said:
Went to J&L to check out their GBA/DS selection.

As usual, they have alot of games, but all overpriced. Spotted Double Dragon Advance, they want $35 for it (new). I thought about it and decided to check out Penguin Village and bought DDA for $19 new. Saved myself $16, haha.

In short: J&L's prices suck like always. The people working there are pretty nice though.

I think it's just an issue of digging around and finding the best deals. Multimedia 1.0 (on St. Mark's Street) also has some older titles, but they also have a tendency to overprice their Neo items. They've had a few of their AES carts there for a LONG time... one of these days I think they'll figure out that Sengoku on AES is not worth more than $100. Still, I can't complain about nabbing a NGPC and Match of The Millenium for $30. Once in a while, they wind up getting something worth talking about.

There's no chance I can ever buy a Neo Geo system unless if I'm rich. I can go to J&L if I wanted to, but I can't buy Neo Geo Games.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
LegendaryWolfTB said:
There's no chance I can ever buy a Neo Geo system unless if I'm rich. I can go to J&L if I wanted to, but I can't buy Neo Geo Games.

Great post, sir.