KOF XI OST CD on sale in Japan 03/24/2006

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Scitron Discs, longtime publisher of nearly every SNK-related CD item, will release the KOF XI OST CD in two months:

The King of Fighters XI Sound Collection
SCDC-00517~00518
Scitron Discs
03-24-2006
2940 yen

According to Scitron Discs' website, this release will consist of 2 discs, the first being the original arcade soundtrack, and the second being the arranged soundtrack. Scitron Discs recommends this CD, noting that the arranged soundtrack is being handled by Takata (Takada?) Kouji -- known for his work on the soundtracks for the anime "Mushiking" and "Tennis no oujisama" (Prince of Tennis), and one of the 2 arrangers who produced the KOF NEOWAVE arranged soundtrack.

My online shop, Hoteiya Las Vegas, is taking preorders for this CD. Send me a PM if you're interested.

--Chris

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Question: Who produced the OST?

I'm stoked to see this being released fairly soon.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Definitely interested in this one. Finally had a chance to play KoF XI last weekend and am much more impressed in this than Neowave or Battle Coliseum.

SSS

neo retired
Phoenix Down said:
Definitely interested in this one. Finally had a chance to play KoF XI last weekend and am much more impressed in this than Neowave or Battle Coliseum.

Yes, the jumping up and down infront of the cab was a sure sign of that. :emb: :make_fac:

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I might actually have to buy this OST. *runs to atomiswave* MMMMMMMM K' team music too good!

O.

BlkConvoy

n00b
Dash No Chris, sign me up for that preorder. I was meaning to get another disc or two a few weeks back, but money was a bit tight. I should be fine by the KOFXI release date. PM me a price when you get a moment (For XI alone), and I'll browse your site to add to the order. Thanks.

Last edited:

BlkConvoy

n00b
Dash No Chris, if you can, clean out your PMs a bit. I need to send you one, as I have inquiries about the possible preorder, and other stuff.

Thanks.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
BlkConvoy said:
Dash No Chris, if you can, clean out your PMs a bit. I need to send you one, as I have inquiries about the possible preorder, and other stuff.
Gonna send you an email tonight -- sorry for the delay.

Bump for the front cover image and track listings on Scitron's website.

--Chris

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Dash Ur PM's r full again

Put me down for 1 KoFXI OST, lemmie know when and how to pay ya!

TYVM :drool_2:

AJ

BlkConvoy

n00b
Ha ha...Chris, you were literally 4 hours too late :cool: I preordered my KOFXI at CDJapan around noon-ish.

However, if you can get it, I would like to preorder Suikoden 5. Its release date is the same as KOFXI.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Anyone gotten there's in the mail yet, and if so, what do you think?

BlkConvoy

n00b
Mine is in transit. Apparently, it came out a day before the release date...so I should receive it any day now. Maybe even today.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Got mine from my supplier yesterday. Haven't had the chance to listen to it yet -- 5pm (end of my work shift) is so far away...:crying:

--Chris

BlkConvoy

n00b
I received it, and so far I'm listening to the main themes of the teams from the OST. The only downside is that everything is looped once, which has never really been done...at least with KOF. Asides from that, I'll have to say that this is the best overall soundtrack from The King of Fighters since KOF96. That's a bold statement, but true. Every song (sans Athena's Theme which is 'okay') is very addictive. I find myself playing one tune for 10-20 minutes...to finally move on to another track and repeatedly play that for the same amount of time. I'd rank BGMs in this order:

#1 KOF96
#2 KOFXI
#3 KOF99 (I think people will argue this, but that's another story)

Joker is the best main team theme since Kyo's Esaka from 96. And um...whose theme is Jack and King's? Jack completely caught me off guard...! Never heard it before, and it totally rocks...it sounds like something from K's book with the sirens going off, but I thought his team had the KD series.

I might upload something to give you guys a sample of what I'm talking about.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Holy hell... I didn't read above this soundtrack is a 2-disc package that contains both the OST and the AST... that fucking rocks! :drool: