Bought Samurai Shodown V on XBOX..

crazycanuck

Crossed Swords Squire
Seems after having read your review that nothing is better than the original AES... Not bad for console realeased in 1990... Neo Geo rocks !!! It used to had more than 10 years of advance in terms of 2D gaming.

Mutation

Super Sidekicks 3
Yup this conversion has nothing more than the MVS ver. but it's in Hi-res.
Btw, you'll notice this XBox conversion uses SP-S2 BIOS (MVS Asia BIOS) in cg10 directory of the game (called neo-geo.rom).

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I want either the MVS or AES version. There is something about xbox I don't like.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Xian Xi said:
I want either the MVS or AES version. There is something about xbox I don't like.

That's stupid; unless something is really messed up with the port, you get a great arranged soundtrack and ONLINE PLAY, which is always good.

Personally I'd just forget about it and get SS Tenka though. ;)

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
How the fuck were they unable to delete them before print? fuckin retarded. open up Quark or indesign. Select the paragraph. HIT DELETE. :very_ang:

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Dizzy11523 said:
How the fuck were they unable to delete them before print? fuckin retarded. open up Quark or indesign. Select the paragraph. HIT DELETE. :very_ang:
Just slipped through QA. No one picked up on it. They probably printed the American SSVS AES manual.

I get the feeling of playing SSv is just "flat." I have the AES version and its good, but I was playing SS2 the other day and then popped in SSV and was just like "meh, something is missing, but I can't put my finger on it."

Its really not fair to compare SSV to SS2 though :p

Garou[ryu]

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Alien Pigeon said:
I got samsho 5 on xbox. its weird.
Its either translated too much,
or arcade style translation which was nothing..
anyway, heres my review on IGN.

http://rr.xbox.ign.com/rr/741668/038/038259.html

Harsh review.... I think its a great game for 29.99..Ive played many match's and have had ZERO! LAG! the online play rocks and there is blood! Im very happy with this game :buttrock:

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Garou[ryu] said:
Harsh review.... I think its a great game for 29.99..Ive played many match's and have had ZERO! LAG! the online play rocks and there is blood! Im very happy with this game :buttrock:

Agreed. Great deal for the money.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
To clarify, the original english quotes in SSV on the neo is actually different then the ones in japanese. The JP alternate had a story mode and everything, they fucking bilked the english translation to one liner win quotes.. I am aware a good deal of you know this, but for those new to this game, this will explain why it seems so half assed.

Anyways, it doesn't matter SSV is a good competitive fighter and if you need some suija info, I'm your man.

Alien Pigeon

Kabuki Klasher
I agree its a good deal. and why do so many people say "at least the xbox verison has red blood" my neo cart has red blood? am i missing something?

even my bios chip has an option "turn on red blood" but the game already has it.

sure its a good deal, and yea u can play online.. but you cant deny a better port would have been cooler to have... look.. they had both V and V Special to work with. and this is what we got. You cant seriously say you are 100% satisfied with it. It just dont feel right to me. I cant relly explain it..

its like putting the monkey in that chamber from the fly. sure it seems the same. but that monkey is f-ed up somehow.

Last edited:

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Alien Pigeon said:
its like putting the monkey in that chamber from the fly. sure it seems the same. but that monkey is f-ed up somehow.

SSV Xbox in a nutshell. :conf:

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hah,

Well maybe there will be downloadable content like Halo 2 via Xbox Live? Make the bosses unlockable, New backgrounds, Music or balance gameplay? :smirk:

Alien Pigeon

Kabuki Klasher
has any game EVER really done that in the past?

i havent seen an xbox game have that much for downloadables.
but special is on the charts for a release.. i think.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Alien Pigeon said:
has any game EVER really done that in the past?

i havent seen an xbox game have that much for downloadables.
but special is on the charts for a release.. i think.

I don't think they will be doing much more of that. Expecially in live games. As soon as the multi player maps were released for download for halo 2 everyone started cheating. Somehow if you download stuff to a game, like maps people figure out ways to cheat on them. So I assume if new characters were released people would mod and cheat with them. There is always some nerd with a modded xbox ready to cheat and ruin the xbox live experience.

I am pretty upset they didn't at least release the characters for SSVI. I can handle fatalities missing, but not all the characters sucks. I guess it's bad enough there are so many people Sankuro anyway. All I need is more cheating characters to use.