Very odd things happening with my Unibios 2.1 Please help Razoola!!

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
This week a few weird things have been happening with my unibios. First, a lot of the games boot into european arcade mode even after I played them reciently in jap/ us arcade. Its not saving all of my settings. The second thing that I noticed today was the date/ time setting when setting up the soft dips. The year was set to 44 and the time was ascending at an astronomical rate. Is this normal? I had set the date to the proper time the previous week.

Any ideas Raz??

Thanks,
Bill

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
billd420 said:
This week a few weird things have been happening with my unibios. First, a lot of the games boot into european arcade mode even after I played them reciently in jap/ us arcade. Its not saving all of my settings. The second thing that I noticed today was the date/ time setting when setting up the soft dips. The year was set to 44 and the time was ascending at an astronomical rate. Is this normal? I had set the date to the proper time the previous week.

Any ideas Raz??

Thanks,
Bill

Yes, I touched on it already in another thread recently. Its because the backup battery is probably almost dead and needs replacing with a new one so settings are remembered after you power off the PCB.

You could try leaving the unit on for 11+ hours and hope that helps let the battery hold a full charge. I would more advise replacing the battery for a new one though. What type of battery to use is mentioned many times in this forum.

Raz

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Thanks for the info Raz, I'm gonna look into replacing the battery asap.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
It's fun to sit back and let time fly by while you're at your Neo. Heh.