Metal Slug 6 site is open.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Hmm...i'm not too sure...its lost its grittyness..the backgrounds look well bland too.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
NEO GOLD said:
Hmm...i'm not too sure...its lost its grittyness..the backgrounds look well bland too.

Yeah, the backrounds look a little too computerized.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Weevus said:
Yeah, the backrounds look a little too computerized.
:crying: :crying: :crying:

I don't really care about the graphics, I'm all about gameplay. If it's fun I'll play it. Simple.

SN K'

Armored Scrum Object
Whoa the backgrounds are pretty different, but as long as it plays about the same I don't care. Still excited about Ralf and Clark. Better start saving up...

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Doesn't seem fair to judge the backgrounds from those screens.

I'm loving that train thing on legs though.

And how can you not be excited about throwing Ralph and Clark into the mix?

Looking forward to at least a port of this. I have yet to see an Atomiswave machine in person. :crying:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
NeoTheranthrope said:
:crying: :crying: :crying:

I don't really care about the graphics, I'm all about gameplay. If it's fun I'll play it. Simple.

Hmpf. I wouldn't count on there being any great gameplay... the only section of the site that includes *no* information is the "system" section. Maybe they don't have the gameplay figured out yet? :smirk:

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
SN K' said:
Whoa the backgrounds are pretty different, but as long as it plays about the same I don't care. Still excited about Ralf and Clark. Better start saving up...
Speaking of price, any word on how much it will cost? I just might have to get a Atomiswave.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
ForeverSublime said:
Hmpf. I wouldn't count on there being any great gameplay... the only section of the site that includes *no* information is the "system" section. Maybe they don't have the gameplay figured out yet? :smirk:

It's Metal Slug. If you like the others and the controls are tight and it's presented well, it's a garaunteed winner among the fans.

Hopefully they'll polish this game up and not leave loose ends like four and five.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
MS6 for the Atomiswave looks SWEET!. :drool: :D

I hope that someday SNK/Playmore will make a MS Special and combine all 6 games and of course they would need to match the AW's graphic's and all kinds of other stuff too. 2-D games are good but the MS games need some top-view and over-view levels like Contra and Shock Troopers and to move in different directions too. 15 or 20 missions would be nice. MS 2nd Mission for the NGPC was alot different from the other MS games and I like sneaking around with the knife when you have to save the general from general Morden's P.O.W. prison camp and the life meter was nice too. If you loose your outfit from getting damaged the P.O.W.'s will give you their outfits and you get food to get health back. Plus MS 2nd Mission had more missions then the arcade versions. Someday. :( :D

Btw: Is their a way to play NGPC game roms on my PSP and do you have to use a memory stick. My PSP can play roms since it's version 1.5 if I remember correctly?. ;) :cool:

Last edited:

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I think Metal Slug 6 has somewhat of a hard time in the arcades as it has to compete for Atomiswave space, and most arcades don't have that.

At the moment, the decision most arcade owners have will be whether to ditch KOF XI in favour of Metal Slug 6. Tough decision. If MS6 has what it takes then it will be a long-term earner, but if not then it won't come close to taking the money that KOF XI can attract.

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
ForeverSublime said:
The System section has usually been the very last section of each game's official site to go up, at least as far as I can remember. I think it's one of those things where the developers like to keep the diehard fans in suspense, then pull out some big surprise about how the game is going to change.

I dunno.

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
wow this game looks amazing. i was going to buy SSVS but maybe i should put that money aside and start saveing for this? dang.....hard desicion

pda

n00b
I bet it's gonna be on PS2 or Xbox(360?)quite soon after arcade release.But not sure it's that cool since last SNK franchise games ports were quite on the down side...

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
pda said:
I bet it's gonna be on PS2 or Xbox(360?)quite soon after arcade release.But not sure it's that cool since last SNK franchise games ports were quite on the down side...
SSV for t3h bawks seems quite nice

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Backgrounds and resolution look a tad bigger. Its like they are trying to recapture the old and just not doing it right. Start with a premise that fits the idea of the game, take ideas from the premise and build levels around it. And then fit in the sprites. Its like they looked at the other games and tried to build on them. I dont see anything original here. Except maybe ralf and clark. I think this game is going to be another SNK letdown.

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
wizkid007 said:
Backgrounds and resolution look a tad bigger. Its like they are trying to recapture the old and just not doing it right. Start with a premise that fits the idea of the game, take ideas from the premise and build levels around it. And then fit in the sprites. Its like they looked at the other games and tried to build on them. I dont see anything original here. Except maybe ralf and clark. I think this game is going to be another SNK letdown.
Welcome to exactly one year ago...

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
the new slugs kind of look lame. the slugs in 5 were awsome they should include those.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
subcons said:
Doesn't seem fair to judge the backgrounds from those screens.
And how can you not be excited about throwing Ralph and Clark into the mix?

Same way I'm not excited about Yoshimitsu in Soul Calibur.

I would have prefer Trevor and Nadia easily.