Metal Slug Online (MMORPG by MEGA Enterprise)

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper

Who here remembers the small and discreet announcement from the South Korean gaming company MEGA Enterprise, that they were going to create a MMORPG of the Metal Slug franchise, and then suddenly disappear under the scope due to the tremendous amount of criticism from the fans around the community?

After nearly three years of that announcement, it appears that the project is still on its way, and MEGA Enterprise is planning to launch it in a not-so-very-distant future.

Yes, the above is the official logo of the game. No official homepage yet. Other than that, there is no word whether or not if the title will hit the beaches of the Western nations.

Last edited:

mungrin

Panko KING,
You see a soldier.

Heavy Machine Gun!

You shoot.

Soldier is dead.

You see a soldier.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
I don't see why they would take such a fast paced game franchise and make an MMORPG out of it. Maybe so guys can play as Fio as pick out a super cute combat outfit for her. ;)
I don't wanna see a 3D Tarma...

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
If they made it into a 2.5d Korean-style MMORPG like Ragnerok Online or Gaia Online I can see how that could work. But then again, that would mean that it would be played by a bunch of Koreans, which would mean I would pass.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm willing to try it, and crossing my fingers that it doesn't blow.

H

hermegildo

That logo is about a million times better than the MS6 one at least.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Hmmm. I never saw this announcement. However, my first thought was that they would make it sort of like a gun and ordinance-based version of Maple Story. That's my thought.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
hrm... I don't really see how it would work... they can't just have 4 charachters and call it an mmorpg, and it wouldn't have the gameplay of a slug game, and it couldn't have a similar storyline bacause mmorpgs never do much of anything... so how is this metal slug? the backgrounds?

J. Max

judas,
This doesn't sound like a good idea. It's not like there's a rich world and backstory there that is just waiting to be explored...

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
im anticipating this as much as i did KOF Online. I mean, it would be cool to see, but honestly, its not coming.

machfive

n00b
Lol, I've been buying and playing fewer Neo games in the last year, becoming a total World of Warcraft junkie. I can handle an MMO set in the Metal Slug universe, to be certain ^_^ Chances of an American release, tho? Preeeeeetty slim, I'd bet...

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
metal_img02.gif

Whoever created this image drew Eri like a total slut, and I have absolutely no problem with that...

brightangel

Crazed MVS Addict
mungrin said:
You see a soldier.

Heavy Machine Gun!

You shoot.

Soldier is dead.

You see a soldier.

:lol:

You see a chicken

> Eat chicken.

You eat the chicken.

You see a pig.

>Eat pig

You eat the pig.

You see vegetables.

>Eat vegetables.

You eat the vegetables. You become fat. Foul gluttony has made you fat.

>Quit

Do you want to save?

>No

Are game companies so eager to get on the MMORPG money earning train that they'll take any intellectual property as a base for one?

If so, my next vote is for Viewpoint:

One. Two. Three. Four.

You are dead. Play again?

machfive

n00b
zer0hue said:
Whoever created this image drew Eri like a total slut, and I have absolutely no problem with that...

Lol - somewhere out there is a Metal Slug dojinshi calling your name...

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
machfive said:
Lol - somewhere out there is a Metal Slug dojinshi calling your name...
rofl! haha damn that was funny. but if you do find that dojinshi tell me where.

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
goingmerry said:
rofl! haha damn that was funny. but if you do find that dojinshi tell me where.

I have three of them up on my site. Unfortunately, the server is down at the moment.

[Edit- Woohoo! Got all of 'em up on my backup server.]

Last edited: