Smells like a BS lie, but...

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Ikari Warriors will never be arcade perfect due to no one ever making a controller that rotated like the original arcade had.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Bulletnyourass said:
Ikari Warriors will never be arcade perfect due to no one ever making a controller that rotated like the original arcade had.

I don't doubt it, but I really don't care, since all versions here at the arcades used normal sticks.

aria

Former Moderator
Verythrax said:
I don't doubt it, but I really don't care, since all versions here at the arcades used normal sticks.

You poor, poor people.

I cry for Brazil :(

So does Blanka.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Well it WAS mentioned a good while ago in Japanese magazine (or some other Japanese source, I can't remember) that SNK was working on a new installment of Ikari. Maybe they decided to put it on Revolution?

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Bobak said:
You poor, poor people.

I cry for Brazil :(

So does Blanka.

Now you know our pain :(

Blanka is the ultimate bullshit lie. Even the Brazil KOF team, lost in amazon jungle... American coasts (west and east) are closer to each other than my city to Amazonia.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Verythrax said:

Verythrax,

How were you able to aim the gun in Ikari? Did the gun automatically shoot in whatever direction you were moving in?

Phillip

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Bulletnyourass said:
Verythrax,

How were you able to aim the gun in Ikari? Did the gun automatically shoot in whatever direction you were moving in?

Phillip

He probably just moved back to fire straight. I see no other way around this with current technology.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
When you have a joystick and buttons for Ikari it just plays like you move with the joystick and fire with a button.

Yup.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Nesagwa said:
When you have a joystick and buttons for Ikari it just plays like you move with the joystick and fire with a button.

Yup.

:rolleyes:

What I meant was:

I have only played Ikari Warriors in the arcade. The joystick rotated 360 degrees. You rotated the joystick to determine which direction you were going to shoot. I was wondering how he was able to aim using a non-rotating stick (ie... was there a different version of the game made for a regular stick). Nes ... why are you giving me a hard time today? :(

Phillip

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Bulletnyourass said:
:rolleyes:

What I meant was:

I have only played Ikari Warriors in the arcade. The joystick rotated 360 degrees. You rotated the joystick to determine which direction you were going to shoot. I was wondering how he was able to aim using a non-rotating stick (ie... was there a different version of the game made for a regular stick). Nes ... why are you giving me a hard time today? :(

Phillip

Brazil = non custom cabs. I bet they just stuck the game in and said play it. They didnt turn. That was the point.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Yes, it shoot at the direction you are moving, but shoot upwards when you stand still. Dunno how they made that, though.

Of course, the precision isn't the same as a top view contra stage as example.

Last edited:
Any word if Metroid for REV will be FPS or 2.5D?

I will only buy Metroid if its 2D or 2.5D. 3D... like Castlevania, it isn't the same.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Electroman said:

I will only buy Metroid if its 2D or 2.5D. 3D... like Castlevania, it isn't the same.

Nah, everything indicates that it will be Metroid Prime 3.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Electroman said:

honestly, just sit down and play metroid prime 1 and you'll realise its actually far far better than most PC FPS's you play. down to story, visuals etc.

great game. visors rock etc.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It might shoot the same way as Smash TV where the button you press on the controller is where you would be shooting. Example using a PS2 controller: D-pad for movement to shoot Right you press Circle, Left Square, Down X and Up Triangle.

pellucidity

Rugal's Thug
Electroman said:

Get used to playing on a Game Boy, then. There's Fusion, the true Metroid 4... Zero Mission, a remix of the original... and of course the long-rumored (and possibly canceled) Metroid Dread (Metroid 5).

What I'm sayin' is that it appears that Nintendo wants to keep the 2D Metroid alive on the hardware it makes sense on - hardware that just can't do 3D. And I don't mean the Neo, though Metroid 3 with better graphics would have been nice... the sound was great already.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
smash tv worked brilliantly on dual analog sticks, and even better in the cade. The rev controller might be able to make it work as well.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
kernow said:
honestly, just sit down and play metroid prime 1 and you'll realise its actually far far better than most PC FPS's you play. down to story, visuals etc.

great game. visors rock etc.

Agreed.

Metroid Prime is brilliant. The only thing it suffers from is a clunky control system if you're used to playing traditional FPS games.

MP is an FPA anyway. :kekeke:

Long live first person adventures :buttrock:

kancho

Banned
Wow this would be good. I hope the revolution has many good games like the SNES and N64.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The post doesn't say that it will be an arcade perfect port...

Anywho... $5 NES games???? Good Lord.... Fuck that.