makeing a case for a consolized mv-1c system

bobcat

do not trade with, SCAMMER
Im getting a consolized mv-1c and i want to make a nice case for it.can anyone help?

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Er... what do you need? Blueprints? ideas for what materials to use?

How much experience do you have constructing things like this?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
saturn shells work nicely

defe0b72.jpg

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Mate, you need to make a wooden case for it. :)

I've yet to see a wooden neo. I think it would be special.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
thats cool i would like to try useing a top loading neo cd but i need to find one thats broken where i can use the shell.

Click on my sig for the pics... :)

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Gummy Bear said:
Mate, you need to make a wooden case for it. :)

I've yet to see a wooden neo. I think it would be special.

Yeah a nice polished oak case! I'd love to have a go at that because I have most experience working with wood. I wouldn't wanna use plywood or mdf though. It would have to be solid wood and nicely contoured into a console shape. hmmm *thinks*

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Adamaki said:
Yeah a nice polished oak case! I'd love to have a go at that because I have most experience working with wood. I wouldn't wanna use plywood or mdf though. It would have to be solid wood and nicely contoured into a console shape. hmmm *thinks*

I'd go with some nice red Cherry Heartwood.....

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
If you are painting it, MDF or poplar is best. Oak paints like shit because it has strong grain.

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
norton9478 said:
I'd go with some nice red Cherry Heartwood.....

Heh you would go with some posh American wood! I can see your point though, cherry is nice.

loopyeddie said:
If you are painting it, MDF or poplar is best. Oak paints like shit because it has strong grain.

Why would I paint it if I'm using solid wood with a nice grain?! That's the whole point of using wood. I want a nice polished wood finish. Maybe stained oak so it fits in with my antique furniture. Kind of like an antique neo geo! My dad has some nice spalted beech too. Maybe that would look nice. You've got me thinking now!

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Adamaki said:
Why would I paint it if I'm using solid wood with a nice grain?! That's the whole point of using wood. I want a nice polished wood finish. Maybe stained oak so it fits in with my antique furniture. Kind of like an antique neo geo! My dad has some nice spalted beech too. Maybe that would look nice. You've got me thinking now!

Do it, mate.

I would love to see a wooden Neo. :buttrock:

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
aks one of those woodcarving /old people/or burn-( a wood burning kit)....to carved/burned the neogeo logo on it...then paint it with high gloss varnish :eek:

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Amakusashiro666 said:
It was either a TG-16,or Pc Engine,but this has been done before.

Yeah, and Ben Heckendorn made an Oak NES Portable.

Don't think anyone's done a Neo though.

Nice attempt to piss on our bonfire. ;)

Amakusashiro666

, , Simon Says:, "Ban Me!"
nah,not trying to crush your dreams here,just saying its been done.Maybe if you could locate the guy who did it,sure as hell thinking it was a pcengine,that maybe he would do one for the MVS.He had the thing looking just like a original.Im no good with wood,so Id never attemp it myself.

Amakusashiro666

, , Simon Says:, "Ban Me!"
This stuff is reminding me of the high end laserdisc players with wood paneling.Im not much for it,but it can look cool if done right,if not it makes things look like Fred Flintstones car.

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Gummy Bear said:
Do it, mate.

I would love to see a wooden Neo. :buttrock:

Ok gimme a couple of years and I'll have one for ya! I'm so busy at the moment and I want to make a supergun first. It might even have to wait until I get my own house with a workshop!

Some good ideas here though. I think carving the Neo Geo logo into it would look awesome!