why is my MVS monitor going blurry?

neotopia

n00b
I purchase a 2-slot MVS Cab with two games for too much. Anyway, When I turn on the power the screen looks great for the first 5 mins. After it started to get blurry. Why is this happening? It is because the Cap/kit is going bad? Please help or advise me to tweak this 25" monster.

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
neotopia said:
I purchase a 2-slot MVS Cab with two games for too much. Anyway, When I turn on the power the screen looks great for the first 5 mins. After it started to get blurry. Why is this happening? It is because the Cap/kit is going bad? Please help or advise me to tweak this 25" monster.
Do you know what model monitor it is? I'd bet it's a WG K7000 series (the two dedicated I've had a chance to work with both have them). I would have to say it's the flyback transformer that's causing the picture to lose focus. I've read about this as a common problem for this monitor when the flyback is starting to go. Bob Roberts sells "flyback repair kits", which come with a new flyback and cap kit for the monitor (also comes with a few other parts).

neotopia

n00b
there are so many label on the tube, I don't really know which is the correct model number. It was made by GE

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
The model number is not on the tube. It will probably be on the metal frame or on the main monitor PCB.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
I could be the crt itself.

The focus spark gap in the crt base socket can sometimes leak causing focus drift.
You can usually hear a hissing noise when that happens.

I have not come across many lfbts causing this, but it is possible.

neotopia

n00b
ok, heres what I found. on the pcb itself is WGM2574-U4TR17K, this exact number is also found on the frame in the front of the monitor.