Metal Slug 6 preview #2 from Arcadia Monthly (issue #69 - February 2006)

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
From Arcadia Monthly issue #69 - February 2006 edition;

If you have missed the first set of preview from issue #68, here they are;

ray_7

goddammit it looks so good... marco and clark in metal slug... :drool:

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
wow thats awsome! i hopefully will be getting a cab prety soon and the first thing i was going to get for it was a 1 slot mvs but that might change to an atomiswave, but i have never seen loose carts for sale only packaged with mobo.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
Has there been any indications of price for this yet? Are we talking KOF 11 prices here or what?

~bill

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
NipRing said:
Has there been any indications of price for this yet?
Back on 11/22/05, Mak Japan indicated opening prices for the cart-only kit (144,900 yen) and the cart+mobo kit (176,400 yen) -- about $1252.67 and $1524.99, respectively, at the current yen:$ exchange rate. Try has indicated the same price for the cart-only kit, so my guess is that these are going to be the standard opening prices for both kits.

--Chris

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
Yay I can't wait. I hope an arcade in the midwest area gets one.

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
wow thats to expensive for me expecialy after i buy my cab...will it ever go down? i mean its going to be so popular.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
goingmerry said:
wow thats to expensive for me expecialy after i buy my cab...will it ever go down? i mean its going to be so popular.
It may be popular at release, but it could (and I think probably will) be like kof xi, and wont be very good. People will mad rush it the first day, then it will be left alone, and nobody will want to play it... as is the case of kof xi at arcade infinity.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
stuffmonger said:
It may be popular at release, but it could (and I think probably will) be like kof xi, and wont be very good. People will mad rush it the first day, then it will be left alone, and nobody will want to play it... as is the case of kof xi at arcade infinity.
meh, I don't think so. this is metal slug. it already has an established fanbase whatever the quality of the game may be. and the game looks like alot of fun, I don't know where you're coming from with all of this.

Last edited:

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
DevilRedeemed said:
meh, I don't think so. this is metal slug. it already has an established fanbase whatever the quality of the game may be.

Not as big as KoF. Just look at all the Neo Geo/SNK communities out there. 95% of them are all KoF-dedicated, all the while other such games, especially Metal Slug, are left in a dark, moldy corner.

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
after a year or two of release what do you think my chances would be to pick this think up for 800 bucks? i would probably have more cash by then but thats all i have to spend on it now. its probably too soon to say that but still...

Herzog Drei

Ace Ghost Pilot
goingmerry said:
after a year or two of release what do you think my chances would be to pick this think up for 800 bucks? i would probably have more cash by then but thats all i have to spend on it now. its probably too soon to say that but still...

After 2 years you can get it for 50 on one of the consoles...
(..I hope.. :D )

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
goingmerry said:
It'll drop half value (at least) within 6 months... that's the way of video games for the most part.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
I'm excited about this, but I'm one of those people that doesn't think the series has gotten worse as it's went on...

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
^^i think so as well(with the exeption of four), because i realy liked the slug gunner and sliding in five. although sliding was just a gimick, the sprites look realy cool when they do it.

stuffmonger said:
It'll drop half value (at least) within 6 months... that's the way of video games for the most part.
Awsome news! caues i am realy pumped for that game.