!Arcade!/Ray Young scams Arcade Shock?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Another neo scammer. Someone should sticky this one on the news forum.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
So sad as !Arcade! did some good things for the Neo.

Jeff

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Damn, that just pisses me off. ArcadeShock is a get place to get MVS and other arcade related items. I hate to see that this has happend.

I'll be sure to order some MVS kits from ArcadeShock to help them out. :D

ArcadeShock = :buttrock: Now go order something from them!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Isn't that the guy who used to run !arcade! ?

I remember my very first ebay deal. He took almost a month to ship a World Heroes 2 cart. And when I got it in the mail, the fucktard had sent an MVS cart instead of the AES one. crook

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
At least they are getting their money back...sad that he tried to screw them over on such a big order...here's hoping that he gets his in court.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I saw this earlier today and was dissappointed as I had thought he was a reputable guy, even though I never had personal dealings with him.

Does anyone know or have an idea as to who the other big resellers that Trieu mentioned are?

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
TonK said:
Damn, Karma is a BITCH, huh Vinh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forgive my ignorance, but can anyone enlighten me as to what karma Tonk was referring to?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
When We Hurt Eachother Nobody Wins

Vectorman0 said:
Forgive my ignorance, but can anyone enlighten me as to what karma Tonk was referring to?

I would assume that most likely Tonk dislikes Vinh for some past reason. Who knows why or for what nor for that matter if it is with purpose, but regardless of that, wether one calls it luck, karma, destiny, etc. nobody really wins when someone wishes something bad on someone else. sad indeed.

:confused:

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Vectorman0 said:
Does anyone know or have an idea as to who the other big resellers that Trieu mentioned are?
I might be wrong about this (and I'm very sorry if I am), but I used to wait for the NeoStore to list a large number of items from the Coming soon page.

From the NeoStore.com news section (September 26th) :
FYI, the stock displayed on the Coming Soon page was partially received from the supplier !Arcade! from Canada. The expected arrival for the balance of the remaining systems, the new AES systems, joystick extension cables, etc., remains unknown at this time.
From the Last Hope thread in the news forum (December 15th) :
Shawn said:
I wish there were more options for producing Last Hope. We know that SNKP has permanently moved on from the NeoGeo system, !Arcade! is no longer in business (but still needs to fill my order before he calls it quits for good), and that Vektorlogic is a possibility.
In any case this announcement is terrible news... :oh_no:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Ray Young was a turd for buying out Nikke, and for making the Phantom-1, the biggest piece of shit peripheral ever sold.
Vinh burnt his bridges here after thinking he was hot shit for being so tight with Capcom and starting his own 1337 site (which is now dead).

Meh, who cares.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I think you are right on the money akira, I have seen those things your mentioned before. I hope that shawn will get his stuff worked out.

And thanks loopz, that's what I was looking for.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Neo Ash said:
Damn, that just pisses me off. ArcadeShock is a get place to get MVS and other arcade related items. I hate to see that this has happend.

I'll be sure to order some MVS kits from ArcadeShock to help them out. :D

ArcadeShock = :buttrock: Now go order something from them!

I read this this morning. It is bad news. Vinh is a cool guy. I bought a Slug 4 and Slug 5 kit to help them out.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I guess now, no more 99 carts will be sacked?

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Loopz said:
Ray Young was a turd for buying out Nikke, and for making the Phantom-1, the biggest piece of shit peripheral ever sold
Preach on brother Loopz! :buttrock:

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
Wow, I've never dealt with Ray before but have exchanged emails in the past about converted games (Even though he's only 1/2 hr away from where I live).

I always thought Ray was a reputable seller but then again I've never asked for feedback about him from other members before.

Shame really, he seemed to build quality products. Namely his PI2 and S1945 conversions.

aria

Former Moderator
If you missed it: Arcade Shock's apparent major bad deal with !Arcade!/Ray Young

Late Friday, one of the mods noticed this posting in Arcade Shock's "Now in Stock" news section (Arcade Shock is the store associated with the folks at Snk-capcom.com). As noted in the piece below, there has been long-standing suspicion of the shady characters behind !Arcade!.

We feel this story is something that the Neo Community should be made aware of:

Arcade Shock said:

We normally post news that is more on a positive note, but feel this information below is important to everyone in the buying/selling community:

For those who have pre-ordered the Phantom-1 Convertors, we have some bad news. The producers of these convertors, !Arcade!, run by Ray Young operating out of Canada has notified us that the package he sent us was “lost.” We paid him over $5000.00 USD back in September having him guarantee us delivery (partial shipment, not even what we agreed on) by late November, mid-December at the latest, just in time for Christmas to meet everyone’s pre-orders. We asked him on several occasions (we have numerous emails from him) before payment was sent about firm delivery. Several times, we received a firm response that it would be done in the time agreed.

We are quite careful, but could never be too careful when negotiating deals, whether large or small, so we believe we were set up for a scam from the start. All of our previous deals have gone through Paypal, without any question or mention of other payment options. This time, however, for reasons now clear, Ray asked us to send the funds through either wire transfer or Western Union. For those who are familiar with payment options and protection, those latter forms do not protect the sender of the funds in any way. Of course, we took heavy precaution and sent funds to him through Paypal using our credit card for further protection. Paypal has a 45 day protection plan for it’s buyers, while our credit card protects us as long as merchandise has not been received. We’ve heard 6 months to a year, our deal with Ray has gone over 3 months, hence past Paypal’s protection plan, but well within our credit card limits.

We’re always willing to work reasonably with our buyers and sellers and would kindly asked for a refund and if none was given, we’d just go our own route and do a chargeback. After the package was declared “lost” and in the process of being traced by UPS, Ray conveniently said he was working on another batch of P-1’s. Ray claimed to have dropped off the package at the distribution location in his area, even going so far as claiming to have a signature from a UPS Agent. UPS claims a package as “lost” if it was scanned at least once at some point in time, at least in this case, showing the item in transit. Ray’s package sent to us, showed no record of ever entering UPS's Dist. Center (which means it was never scanned). For grins, let's even take it a step further. As the UPS agent says, "there's always a starting point. Even if the package leaves the Dist. Center without being scanned, it would have to be scanned at the next location, but this never happens." As the agents mentioned that it’s highly unlikely UPS would not scan a package, especially if it’s located in their distribution center. More importantly, not being scanned at all at any point in time can only mean one thing as the agents concluded…the package was never dropped off.

Furthermore, we confirmed with another large supplier of Phantom-1 convertors that Ray gave him the same story. According to Ray, he sent 4 UPS packages that day, 2 of them lost and the two lost happened to have contained Phantom-1 convertors.

This could only mean two things. Someone at UPS is a huge Neo Geo fan and has an portable X-Ray machine and basically swiped both Phantom-1 packages or the package was never dropped off. Given UPS's reliability/honesty vs. Ray Young's, we'd have to go with UPS this time (just this time) and say it was never dropped off.

At this point, after having over 14 pieces cancelled by our customers as we couldn’t meet our Christmas deadline, we asked for a refund (not a chargeback) and we knew we were in the midst of a typical end of the Neo Geo life scammer. A few emails were sent asking Ray Young what steps to take next to come to a resolution, which were left unanswered, so instead of sitting around, waiting for our “statute of limitations” to run out, we gave Mr. Ray a deadline. Of course he couldn’t meet it as he’s done nothing in the past month except for collecting “other” (yes, a few other big buyers were scammed in the process as you will soon read) buyer’s money. So instead of offering a refund, he suggested we go through the process and do a chargeback. Folks, this is a sign of a scam artist. Any legitimate seller would try to work things out and make amends. A chargeback shows that he takes no responsibility in this matter and a clear sign he’s jumping ship. Surely, this will replenish our funds and ruin Ray’s Paypal account, but then again we could care less about his account.

Rest assured, we’re getting our money back, with more than sufficient proof of that no package was ever sent and furthermore, we’re going to report Mr. Young for acts of internet fraud. It’s unfortunate that !Arcade! (Ray Young) has opted to leave the scene in this fashion, but we cannot deny that there were early signs of this as we have emails and MANY other big name buyers to prove this. There is a whole lot more to Mr. Young’s shady character, which will be revealed and supported by many well known resellers of the Neo Geo community on www.neo-geo.com. Please take this message as a warning refrain from any future deals with Ray Young.

aria

Former Moderator
xtoo_short20x said:
It actually pays off to read other forums, other than unrelated champ, even
one of your cronies mods sticky it in "General Discussion":

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136169

GD :p

I ran a search on "Arcade Shock" to be sure, but he spelled it "Arcadeshock" so it was missed...

Oy.

[EDIT: merged it into the older thread, which I moved to News and kept the sticky, with a slight retitle to better reflect the topic]

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
ray young has always been a fucking scammer, i would kick his ass silly, canda sucks.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Eh, this one had more information without having to go to the other site, anyway. The other thread just said Ray ripped off Trieu, followed by a bunch of posts saying, "that sucks."

aria

Former Moderator
I just want to re-emphasize how shady Ray Young actually is:
during their production of !Arcade!-made STRIKERS 1945 carts, his idea of "professionalism" is telling people on this board that he could trick people into thinking his carts are authentic SNK made, and we're going to have to trust him that he's not going to (this was pre-Phantom 1, and it forever set my suspicion of him)

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Razoola said:
It's very intresting that the time the source of phantom1 disapeers a new phanton 1 replacement pops up (NEO super SNK MVS Convertor ), take a look at this folks...

http://www.ic2005.com/html/2005/show-41.htm

Raz

I did a traceroute on his url. The last two jumps I couldnt find any information as it is masked.

65.209.188.50 <--his ip for the site

However comparing his ip to my dns. 64.71.255.198

The first numbers are almost the same, would that indicate a possible relation to location? I am in in toronto aswell.

Also I looked up his host and emailed them, asking where they were based out of. Hopefully Ill have a reply soon. Hopefully he is not reading this. lol

EDIT: I looked up his paypal account.

order@ic2005.com

Seller Reputation: (57) Verified Buyers
Account Status: Verified
Account Type: HK Premier
Account Creation Date: Jan. 14, 2004
PayPal Member For: 1 year 11 months 26 days

THis account has been around for a while.

HK premier? what is that hongkong?

Last edited: