j-pac in a mvs cab

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Does anyone know if a J-pac is compatible with an mvs 2-slot. I want to throw an xbox and ps2 in my mvs cab but wanted to know if anyone has done this and if it is a pain in the butt.

voodoodoctorx

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
mvs is jamma so i dont see any reason why it wouldnt be compatible.

isnt a jpac for computers?

Last edited:

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Yeah, i dont really understand your question. First of all, what does a J-PAC have to do with PS2 and Xbox? A J-PAC is simply a PC JAMMA interface converter. Also, MVS isn't technically JAMMA, the audio is different and some other things, but differences that wouldnt really effect a J-PAC.

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Oh i understand now. I wasn't aware of these. But if you are not going to be using a computer then i would not recommend getting a JPAC for just this, you can do it much cheaper with a controller hack, or even with the Ipac. Man im out of it, when did Andy come out with these?

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Yeah, i dont really understand your question. First of all, what does a J-PAC have to do with PS2 and Xbox? A J-PAC is simply a PC JAMMA interface converter. Also, MVS isn't technically JAMMA, the audio is different and some other things, but differences that wouldnt really effect a J-PAC.

linky :lol: Thats what a j-pac has to do with an x-box and a ps2. It also does matter putting current through the j-pac can cause it to not work anymore. I want my cab still operational so I can still play my carts.It all seems so far that there wont be a problem. I just wanted to ask someone who has done it, what troubles I might have installing it.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I've done a few of these in my day.

IT's nearly plug and play, to be honest with you. Depending on the j-pac model, you may need to run th 4th button wire to the punchdown block on the J-pac. Depends on which one you picked up (older or newer).

if you're putting a pc in, you're going to have to come up with a new solution for the audio as the j-pac doesn't do audio out through the fingerboard.

IT's really easy and outside of hooking up speakers to the PC, it's almost plug and play.. should take you no longer than 10 minutes for installation to play time.