PDA

View Full Version : Super SNK MVS Converter from Neo Flash & Super Engine Flash

sliceypete
01-04-2006, 02:55 PM
taken from maxconsole.net

The Neo Flash team have released information on their latest project, the Super SNK MVS converter - this is said to have the function of changing the SNK MVS Arcade Game Cart to a SNK NEOGEO home console.

http://www.neoflash.com/img/NEO_MVS-04.JPG

They have also announced another project, which is a super PC engine Flash cart - talk about retro gaming!

Function:

- support PC-E
- support PC-E CORE
- support multi PC-E rom,and use switch to swap the game
- memory size up to 128M
- use USB Slim Loader to burn

project status: 100%

http://www.neoflash.com/img/NEO_PCE-02.JPG

Thanks to the team at neoflash.com (http://www.neoflash.com) for the new information regarding their latest projects.

Magnaflux
01-04-2006, 02:56 PM
So why do we need another Phantom 1, much less one you have to shell the game's case to make work?

sliceypete
01-04-2006, 03:00 PM
So why do we need another Phantom 1, much less one you have to shell the game's case to make work?

idk but hopefully its going to be cheaper than buying a Phantom 1 and hopefully can play all the Playmore MVS games that don't work on the Phantom 1

Howdoin
01-04-2006, 03:33 PM

I am not sure you need to get the PCB out of the case. They probably did it to prove that it was indeed playing a MVS board on an AES system

I am also curious to find out what price they are demanding for this adapter.

Magnaflux
01-04-2006, 03:35 PM
I am not sure you need to get the PCB out of the case. They probably did it to prove that it was indeed playing a MVS board on an AES system

I am also curious to find out what price they are demanding for this adapter.

A second looks seems like it is the Slug 5 PCB and not the MVS by the position of the ROMS on the board.

EDIT: no, I take that back, scrolling through the pics (change the #'s) shows that it is the MVS, the adapter is much smaller than a phantom 1.

Lagduf
01-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Meh, maybe it's better than the Phantom 1.

Maybe they'll release the technical info on it (schematics, etc - yeah right...)

ki_atsushi
01-04-2006, 03:57 PM
They're asking way too much money for their other products, I doubt this one would be an exception.

Magnaflux
01-04-2006, 03:59 PM
They're asking way too much money for their other products, I doubt this one would be an exception.

A CMVS (A regular one, not a fagged out Jerry Lewis KPJ special) costs just as much as a phantom now so if they intend to sell many, the price should be under $300.

neo_X7
01-04-2006, 04:34 PM
Like others have already said, if they don't make a cart case standard for it then they should just can the project all together. But most of there stuff looks very professional, and there NDS kits have cart cases so hopefully that is just a prototype the pic.
http://www.neoflash.com/img/NEO_MVS-03.JPG

BIG BEAR
01-04-2006, 05:34 PM
There is still a demand for Phantom-1's and if this Super Phantom plays 100% of the library that would be great.
-BB

El Capitan
01-04-2006, 06:52 PM
There is still a demand for Phantom-1's and if this Super Phantom plays 100% of the library that would be great.
-BB
Agreed - the guy shows it with mS5, I guess as proff it works even with the later games.

I would certainly buy one if the price is reasonable - I have been put off the phantom as it doesn't play all games.

Metal Fatigue
01-04-2006, 08:08 PM
And since Arcade stopped making them altogether let them do what they need to do. Othwerwise people are going to be selling their Phantoms for $500.

NeoCverA
01-04-2006, 08:44 PM
I think there is a demand for the reverse phantom which allows you to plug your AES carts in your MVS slot mobo/ arcade cabinet. WHy cant they make one of those? I have a collection of AES carts that I would love to just plug into my cab without having to take out and plug in my AES.

OrochiEddie
01-04-2006, 09:23 PM
A converter which works with new games sounds good

NipRing
01-04-2006, 11:47 PM
I think there is a demand for the reverse phantom which allows you to plug your AES carts in your MVS slot mobo/ arcade cabinet. WHy cant they make one of those? I have a collection of AES carts that I would love to just plug into my cab without having to take out and plug in my AES.

Agreed, and some AES are cheaper/more readily available than its MVS counterpart.

~bill

Neo Si
01-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Yeah, one of these on an MV-2F would be great. One slot for MVS, one for AES.

Howdoin
01-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Release is expected within one month - they are currently manufacturiong a casing for the adapter... price is still undeterminded but I'll let you know as soon as I find it.

ki_atsushi
01-05-2006, 11:11 AM
A CMVS (A regular one, not a fagged out Jerry Lewis KPJ special) costs just as much as a phantom now so if they intend to sell many, the price should be under $300.

Exactly. I paid ~$350 for my CMVS (MV-1FZ) total, and it has a Neobitz board, Stereo Mod, wired controller ports, and test and credit switches in there to boot. The adapter would really have to be $200 or less, and play the whole library of MVS games to be worth it.

After all is said and done, CMVS is still the way to go. :chimp:

Howdoin
01-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Here are the prices - note that the finish product will also have a casing (i.e. not a bare PCB like this demo unit):

- Neo MVS converter: $299 - Manufacturers guarantees that 100% of new original carts are playing. I'd love to get a test unit to confitm.

- PC-E 64M: $139
- PC-E 128M: $159

Interested people can email me so that I can let you know when pre-orders open at akibagames.com ;)

Superfamifreak
01-05-2006, 11:33 AM
PC-E 128M: $159

Tempting. I could fit all the games I wanted on that and still probably have 120MB spare :D

Actually, would using that bypass the region coding? In other words, could I play US Neutopia I/II on a Core Grafx?

Howdoin
01-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Actually, would using that bypass the region coding? In other words, could I play US Neutopia I/II on a Core Grafx?

Normally yes it does.

I should open pre-order tonight on akibagames.com

TMOSteel
01-05-2006, 01:23 PM
And since Arcade stopped making them altogether let them do what they need to do. Othwerwise people are going to be selling their Phantoms for $500.

Are we so sure Ray has stopped making them? Mysteriously, each time Arcade Shock sells out of them, lo and behold a new batch comes in. I've also seen a seller on eBay regularly selling brand new/sealed converters for sale, and they happen to be located in Canada.

I think it might be more like !Arcade! is not selling them directly anymore...

Xian Xi
01-05-2006, 02:06 PM
idk but hopefully its going to be cheaper than buying a Phantom 1 and hopefully can play all the Playmore MVS games that don't work on the Phantom 1

As far as playing the SNK-Playmore games I hope so. As far as the price I'd say it would be the same $250-275, if it's anything less than that and plays the SNK-P games I will buy one.

Xian Xi
01-05-2006, 02:11 PM
$299? Hmmm. I gotta think about that. There's not many SNK-P games I really want to get anywho. If it was $249 then I'd sell me P-1 and get it.

Konig
01-05-2006, 02:18 PM
I would finally get an AES setup if this thing works with EVERY MVS game....otherwise....its just more junk to blow money on, I would rather just buy a 1slot and consolize it if its 300+ bucks for the converter.

neo_X7
01-05-2006, 05:01 PM
I got a email today from the neoflash_team. They have conformed that the converter will have a cart case, and preorders open up next week at www.ic2005.com. But there is no set pricing as of yet.

Edit

Here are the prices - note that the finish product will also have a casing (i.e. not a bare PCB like this demo unit):

- Neo MVS converter: $299 - Manufacturers guarantees that 100% of new original carts are playing. I'd love to get a test unit to confitm.

- PC-E 64M: $139
- PC-E 128M: $159

Interested people can email me so that I can let you know when pre-orders open at akibagames.com ;)
Looks like you got the email first. :emb:

Jontra
01-05-2006, 05:12 PM
299 would be a max price to pay buy it but 199 sounds better.

Xian Xi
01-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Any updates on this?

Xian Xi
01-17-2006, 10:07 AM
just looked at a better pic of the convertor, seems it doesnt have the holes that the P-1 had that made it fit into an AES cart shell. That kinda sucks. And from the looks of it you dont have room to make the holes either.

TMOSteel
01-17-2006, 09:20 PM
just looked at a better pic of the convertor, seems it doesnt have the holes that the P-1 had that made it fit into an AES cart shell. That kinda sucks. And from the looks of it you dont have room to make the holes either.

I don't think you'll need holes since according to the manufacturer and others that have posted in this thread it's going to have it's own case/shell.

Amano Jacu
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
I've never seen a MS5 MVS, but that boards inserted in this convertor look bootleg to me. Anybody else? Or is MS5 supposed to be like that?

Tron
01-18-2006, 04:37 AM
Hmm interesting to bad i sold my, AES in 04 oh well.

Any ways i am satisfy with my cmvs 2 slot i got from norton9478.

No way am i gonna switch back now :spock:

Still it is good news for.. noobs though who 'are interested in getting a AES, but don't want to spend a "fortune on getting games for it" :buttrock:

lachlan
01-18-2006, 04:42 AM
I've never seen a MS5 MVS, but that boards inserted in this convertor look bootleg to me. Anybody else? Or is MS5 supposed to be like that?

That's the solder side we are looking at though so who knows.
They look all good to me.

Xian Xi
01-18-2006, 07:35 AM
I don't think you'll need holes since according to the manufacturer and others that have posted in this thread it's going to have it's own case/shell.

do you think the connectors are going to be as tight as the P-1?

beh3moth
01-18-2006, 07:58 AM
Why not make a jamma pcb adaptor for the AES??? :mr_t:

Howdoin
01-18-2006, 08:05 AM
I should be getting a test unit in a few days, I'll post pictures and inof as soon as I get it.

BTW: as I sold all my MVS last year I need a a few to test, anyone from NY who has MVS carts wants to drop by my place and test it out with me?
If not I'd gladly pay for shipping and return shipping if someone wan to lend me a few MVS carts.

GhostPilotDude
01-20-2006, 01:08 AM
Does akibagames.com or neoflash have a good reputation? I don't want to pre-order something that is $300 and get scammed. Money is too hard to get in these George W. Bush days to throw away.

Xian Xi
01-21-2006, 09:30 PM
I should be getting a test unit in a few days, I'll post pictures and inof as soon as I get it.

BTW: as I sold all my MVS last year I need a a few to test, anyone from NY who has MVS carts wants to drop by my place and test it out with me?
If not I'd gladly pay for shipping and return shipping if someone wan to lend me a few MVS carts.

Did you test it yet? Any problems?

Gotenks326
01-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I'm wondering too. I really hope that this has full compatibility as advertised and also doesn't have any glitches for the games that do work, like with the Phantom-1.

Howdoin
01-21-2006, 10:49 PM

Nope, I have not received the test unit yet.

Right now I am not charging anything for pre-orders, just making a list of interested parties. As soon as I have tested the unit and confirmed its quality I will be taking full pre-orders.

neo_X7
01-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Nope, I have not received the test unit yet.

Right now I am not charging anything for pre-orders, just making a list of interested parties. As soon as I have tested the unit and confirmed its quality I will be taking full pre-orders.
Make sure to be nitpicky with it, tell us if the slots are to tight, and if it's made out of cheap plastic, etc.

Gotenks326
01-21-2006, 11:26 PM
And of course post pictures :)

Xian Xi
01-22-2006, 03:02 PM
don't forget to send me the test unit when you are done.

machfive
01-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Excuse my ignorance - is there a list somewhere of which games don't work with the Phantom-1? I've had mine for a couple years and haven't had any problem playing carts on it. It would be good to know what carts don't work or have a history of don't working so I don't waste my money!

goingmerry
01-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Excuse my ignorance - is there a list somewhere of which games don't work with the Phantom-1? I've had mine for a couple years and haven't had any problem playing carts on it. It would be good to know what carts don't work or have a history of don't working so I don't waste my money!
check this (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87718) thread out.

Howdoin
01-23-2006, 09:37 AM
little delay, Neo Flash now says 1 month before delivery of the test unit... sorry guys, I'll keep you updated.

Dean
01-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Tempting. I could fit all the games I wanted on that and still probably have 120MB spare :D

I meant to respond to this but forgot...

Yes, you will definitely need to mod the system to play US games on a JP system (the simpler pin #29 mod). No question about it since it is beyond the pin difference, the processor is actually region detecting. And the only way it'll work to play JP on a US console without any mods is if the flash carts supports pin-flipping, which I doubt. That is possible though.

Howdoin
01-23-2006, 10:16 AM
I meant to respond to this but forgot...

Yes, you will definitely need to mod the system to play US games on a JP system (the simpler pin #29 mod). No question about it since it is beyond the pin difference, the processor is actually region detecting. And the only way it'll work to play JP on a US console without any mods is if the flash carts supports pin-flipping, which I doubt. That is possible though.

According to Neo Flash it does and you can play any game on any console without any concern for the region - this still needs to be tested and just like the Neo MVS converter, the PC-E flash won't be ready for another month.

Xian Xi
01-23-2006, 10:37 AM
little delay, Neo Flash now says 1 month before delivery of the test unit... sorry guys, I'll keep you updated.

I wonder why they pushed it back?

Dean
01-23-2006, 05:34 PM
According to Neo Flash it does and you can play any game on any console without any concern for the region - this still needs to be tested and just like the Neo MVS converter, the PC-E flash won't be ready for another month.
I wonder how they overcome region detection on the motherboard of PC Engine systems. It'd be cool if they could.

TMOSteel
02-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Converter case 3D mockup:

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,1518.0.html

Not bad, as long as it's not really all those colors!

Xian Xi
02-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Still Waiting........... :rolleyes:

KBneospy
02-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Wonder what's taking so long. Anyone risk preordering? I want to but I know nothing of the Neoflash rep, or if this will materialize.

Gotenks326
02-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Well, it's been over a month, what's the current update?

Nash
02-27-2006, 01:10 AM
I'm waiting on this super converter myself.

Herzog Drei
03-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Just a little bump because i am interested in that thing,too...;)
Still no update?:(

taitai
03-12-2006, 01:49 PM
http://www.neoflash.com/img/MVS_case.JPG

Atleast the case isn't that godawful color in the mockup.

KBneospy
03-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Is this still being developed?

TMOSteel
03-13-2006, 12:39 PM
http://www.neoflash.com/img/MVS_case.JPG

Atleast the case isn't that godawful color in the mockup.

The case looks exactly like what !Arcade! should have made for his converter.

Very cool.

(EDIT: I should have checked their home page before my initial post)

KBneospy
03-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Bump...again

Gotenks326
03-19-2006, 12:40 AM
Is it dead or something? Have you tried contacting them to figure out what's going on, Howdoin?

aria
03-19-2006, 02:48 PM

What happened?

Gotenks326
03-19-2006, 03:22 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/djAZUL/snk__MVS_console-AD-500.jpg

Looks pretty good, though I thought that the connector shell was going to be darker to match the typical black MVS cartridge shell.

werejag
03-19-2006, 03:59 PM
they also need to make the reverse of this

RocketLawnChair
03-19-2006, 06:39 PM
heh what the hell. I thought this was supposed to be a lot less than the Phantom. http://www.ic2005.com/html/2005/show-41.htm

Gotenks326
03-19-2006, 06:42 PM
heh what the hell. I thought this was supposed to be a lot less than the Phantom. http://www.ic2005.com/html/2005/show-41.htm
Um...no. It's supposed to have better compatibility than the Phantom-1, but the price is supposed to be the same (Why did you think it'd be cheaper?).

TimeKillr
03-19-2006, 06:44 PM
I actually can't wait for this.

Hopefully the compatibility will be as good as advertised..

RocketLawnChair
03-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Um...no. It's supposed to have better compatibility than the Phantom-1, but the price is supposed to be the same (Why did you think it'd be cheaper?). Was under the impression it was supposed to be both. It was either on this forum, or in chat here (believe it was chat). Someone mentioned a new MVS converter at around the 100 dollar mark with better compatibility than the Phantom. Rumors I guess.

Howdoin
03-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Sorry I was away for a few days.

I spoke to the guys at NeoFlash, they have promised me that test unit for 2 months now and I am still waiting. I still hope to be able to get one to try and be able to sell them afterwards.

Howdoin
03-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Ok, so now they tell me 1 week before they ship me a test unit... could this be possible?

In case I do end up getting a test unit there is one little problem that you might be able to help with... I sold all my MVS to go AES :p
So if someone has, say 6 to 10 MVS (including recent ones like KOF03 or MS5) and want to drop by my place to test the unit with me please feel free.
I'll get the beer and Cheetos.
Bokmeow, LastBlade, Jaydub, Lustforlard, any of you guys up for it?

CruelSummer80's
03-21-2006, 02:08 AM
I was told they are canning this because of technical problems with compatibility with newer snk games, I hope this is not true.

KBneospy
03-21-2006, 08:19 PM
I was told they are canning this because of technical problems with compatibility with newer snk games, I hope this is not true.
Where did you hear that, I hope you are wrong!

Xian Xi
03-21-2006, 08:32 PM

I think this is true since on their site they dont say that it is compatible with all games it says "Our MVS convertor support ALL original game carts directly,and sure, it support these too" which is basically saying they didnt throughly test each game to ENSURE compatibility, it sounds like they are hoping it does.

Howdoin, if you do get the test cart please test if KOF2003 works in 2 player mode with no errors.

Howdoin
03-21-2006, 09:32 PM
I think this is true since on their site they dont say that it is compatible with all games it says "Our MVS convertor support ALL original game carts directly,and sure, it support these too" which is basically saying they didnt throughly test each game to ENSURE compatibility, it sounds like they are hoping it does.

Howdoin, if you do get the test cart please test if KOF2003 works in 2 player mode with no errors.

As far as i know it has already been tested with KOF 2003 and MS 5 and works - hope to be able to prove it myself.

Xian Xi
03-22-2006, 10:06 AM
As far as i know it has already been tested with KOF 2003 and MS 5 and works - hope to be able to prove it myself.

KOF2003 was tested in 1 player mode they told me before but I always have problems with 2 player mode. I emailed them 5 days ago but still awaiting a reply back.

Darren870
03-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Depends when you get it, I am in RI right now but I could be in NY when you get it. Drop me a pm when it actually comes lol. Because if it comes in another 2 months ill be around hehe. I got about 20 games I could bring. From old stuff to KOF 2003.

Just drop me a pm or post here when you get it.

CruelSummer80's
03-22-2006, 09:07 PM
For the price it's not worth it, you can get a supernova and mvs mobo for $350 if your lucky.

Darren870
03-22-2006, 09:37 PM
For the price it's not worth it, you can get a supernova and mvs mobo for $350 if your lucky.

I got mine for $150 :make_fac:

max 330 mega
03-23-2006, 06:21 PM
just found this just added to one of the main US neoflash dealers:
http://www.ic2005.com/html/2005/show-46.htm

what the hell does that mean?? you will need a more powerful PSU in order to use the new converter??
sounds pretty shitty.. :annoyed:

max 330 mega
03-23-2006, 06:21 PM
double post :tickled:

Xian Xi
03-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Man this is just like Brokeback Mountain, it just gets gayer and gayer.

New PSU, fuck.

I'm not buying it now. Might as well buy a consolised MVS with the money I'd be spending on it.

max 330 mega
03-23-2006, 06:33 PM
so... since it needs a more powerful PSU when using the converter, does that mean you would have to switch back to your original PSU when playing AES titles?? if you used the more powerful PSU without the converter, would it fry your system? :spock:
hmm... looks like i just might have to get a phantom-1 instead.... atleast it doesnt need a "Super SNK AC adaptor" to use it :kekeke:

norton9478
03-23-2006, 06:59 PM
so... since it needs a more powerful PSU when using the converter, does that mean you would have to switch back to your original PSU when playing AES titles?? if you used the more powerful PSU without the converter, would it fry your system? :spock:
hmm... looks like i just might have to get a phantom-1 instead.... atleast it doesnt need a "Super SNK AC adaptor" to use it :kekeke:

That doesn't apply to the 5v neo...

5v neo is 5v@3amps.... Which should be able to power it.....

KBneospy
03-24-2006, 03:55 AM
My AC is output 10v 1000MA: the same as the one ic2005 is selling not 700ma like stated. How many different AC configs are used on the Neo? I guess I will soon find out how well this works as I just ordered one of these convertors, could't wait for the independant reviews (against my better judgement:tickled: ), I guess I will post my own indipendant reviews;)

Amano Jacu
03-24-2006, 04:41 AM

No, that's just the maximum intensity that PSU delivers, if the system needs less it just draws what it needs.

In any case different neo revisions use different psu's and need different current so that's going to be a tough situation.

Anyway that psu rivals the 360 one :kekeke:

2Dfan
03-24-2006, 04:44 PM
I knew this shit would be gay. Those fuckers want to make as much money off this as possible. No way in hell I'm buying one, just got myself a 4 slot for $130. Just need a supergun now, fuck this.

Gotenks326
03-30-2006, 01:31 AM
So, I'm guessing nobody's going to pick this up now due to the required PSU?

Nash
03-30-2006, 02:37 AM

They lost another buyer right here. $300 for the converter and $40 for the super PSU is not a rip-off... it's a fuckin' rip-off.

Xian Xi
03-30-2006, 05:16 PM
They lost another buyer right here. $300 for the converter and $40 for the super PSU is not a rip-off... it's a fuckin' rip-off.

I agree but you need to make the "f" in fuckin' capital, thats how much of a rip it is. You might as well go CMVS for that price, seriously.

TMOSteel
03-31-2006, 11:28 AM

I think we still need clarification on just what the power requirements are of their adapter.

I would think if none of the Neo adapters would work then they would have packaged both the converter and adapter together.

KBneospy
04-01-2006, 12:55 AM
My convertor just arrived, unfortunately I have no MVS carts to test it on yet, unless someone lives near Portland and wants to bring some carts over for me to test. I have faith that my standard PSU will work.

Gotenks326
04-01-2006, 07:38 PM
My convertor just arrived, unfortunately I have no MVS carts to test it on yet, unless someone lives near Portland and wants to bring some carts over for me to test. I have faith that my standard PSU will work.
!!!

Somebody get to this guy's house immediately!

bones
04-01-2006, 07:44 PM
just found this just added to one of the main US neoflash dealers:
http://www.ic2005.com/html/2005/show-46.htm

Excellent link, gotta love engrish :buttrock:

Xian Xi
04-02-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm still wondering how snug the fit will be since the cart goes into a "cup" to hold it. I noticed that some MVS carts are slightly fatter than others, so will this be a problem or maybe it wasnt even considered in pre-production.

TMOSteel
04-03-2006, 12:09 PM

Can you post some pics? I'm curious to see the final product, instructions, packaging, etc.

Also, here's the reply from "Dr.neo" on the whole adapter issue:

Re: [SNK] NEO MVS to SNK convertor case is ready!
Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 10:19:31 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
700MA AC adapter can't boot the SNK MVS cart,only show the white screen in my AES.

It's works great (continue run 2 days) after i use the super AC adapter.
i don't have the original SNK AC adapter more than 700MA,so i can't make sure how much current is enough.

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9694ba3f79125c44f5b17bf697303d 87&topic=1850.msg13890#msg13890

So it looks like it has to do with the ammount of power needed for the MVS cart itself, not the adapter? Does this make sense to anyone?

Xian Xi
04-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Can you post some pics? I'm curious to see the final product, instructions, packaging, etc.

Also, here's the reply from "Dr.neo" on the whole adapter issue:

Re: [SNK] NEO MVS to SNK convertor case is ready!
Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 10:19:31 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
700MA AC adapter can't boot the SNK MVS cart,only show the white screen in my AES.

It's works great (continue run 2 days) after i use the super AC adapter.
i don't have the original SNK AC adapter more than 700MA,so i can't make sure how much current is enough.

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9694ba3f79125c44f5b17bf697303d 87&topic=1850.msg13890#msg13890

So it looks like it has to do with the ammount of power needed for the MVS cart itself, not the adapter? Does this make sense to anyone?

Doesnt make sense to me, I mean I use my P1 with my OEM plug.

KBneospy
04-03-2006, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=TMOSteel]Can you post some pics? I'm curious to see the final product, instructions, packaging, etc.

Sorry I don't have a digital camera, but I will tell you that it's black not grey, so it matches the AES and carts well. it says Super MVS-SNK convertor on the front with an arrow pointing down and it has a power light and a little openining where you can adjust something on the boards with a screwdriver(?) not sure what it's used for. On the back it says NEO TEAM 2006. The unit is very solid, the plastic is a bit waxy though and had insert marks after plugging it in once, however I don't think this is an issue, it feels like a good quality product. Also typical of these kinds of items from China there wasn't any real box or instructions just a plain cardboard box with my name written across it. It was packed well though.

Gotenks326
04-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Have you been able to try any carts yet?

omnedon
04-05-2006, 07:58 PM
This is one hell of a test situation. The only person who has one has no MVS games?

Good God someone get over there with a Samurai Shodown game worth $10 bux. LOL

KBneospy
04-06-2006, 01:09 AM
Have you been able to try any carts yet?
No, it really sux cause I have to help my GF move next week from San Diego, and so my budget for MVS carts is on hold. Hey if someone in San Diego has an NGH system and MVS carts I can bring the convertor over to test.

TimeKillr
04-07-2006, 04:46 PM
I was actually looking forward to this, but after realizing that getting a 1-slot + a supergun would set me back for waaaay less, I figured it's not worth a shot anymore.

I know WHY it's 300$, it's just not WORTH 300$.

And strangely, my official AES JP SNK AC (wow that's a lot of acronyms) adapter is 1000ma! I wonder what he's using..