JROK v4 bulk order? DO IT NOW!!! Awesome deal!

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
OK I'm looking to see who here is interested in a bulk order of the new JROK RGB to Component/S-video/Composite board. The new board is: http://www.jrok.com/hardware/RGBv4/index.html

It looks like JROK is already taking orders. See post here http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1792115&postcount=16

IF we can get 10 people to order them together we will save 15% off the $85 price and save a bit on shipping too. Maybe if people want component only we can get that up too ($65 + shipping - 15% off for more than 10).

So if you are interested in doing a bulk order, either PM me or post here and when we have enough people I will talk to JROK about it.

Thanks and Cheers,
-DT :loco:

Last edited:

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Ok I have recieved exactly 1 PM so far. Come on guys, there have to be other people here who want one of these.

bump

-DT

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
PM sent...that makes another one added to the list.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
That's a total of 4 now, Drewmantrivia, TravestyOJ, Topher, and myself.

So we need at least 6 more people here... :cool:

cheers,
-DT

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
So how does the shipping work on a group order? All shipped to one person and then that person distributes them?

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
TravistyOJ said:
So how does the shipping work on a group order? All shipped to one person and then that person distributes them?

Yes that's usually how it's done. The shipping then should still be less than the discount since JROK has quoted shipping as $6.5. + $1 per extra encoder. So Shipping for each individual will be ($6.50/n) + $1 + x

n= the number of people who order together
x= actual shipping cost from me to you

So if we have 10 people, the cost of each encoder is $79.33 (15% off $85)

Shipping will be 6.5/10 + 1 +x
or $1.65 + x
If there are more people then there will be slightly more saving as n is increased (remember 6.5/n) more people shaves a few cents here

total price will be 79.33 +1.65+x = $80.98+x

Whereas if people order individually the cost is a flat $91.50

So as long as you live in the US you will save some money (since I can't imagine shipping an encoder board in the continental US will cost anything like $10.52). x must be lower than $10.52 to save any money.

It is a marginal cost savings...I don't know about you guys, I am short on cash :-D

cheers,
-DT

Last edited:

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Cool, sounds like u got it figured out. I mean no disrespect here, but couldnt you just keep our money and rip off like 9 ppl? For some reason the neo commumity has more scams going on then ive ever seen. Please realize im not saying you will do this, i just thought of the possibility, can someone here put my mind at ease?

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
TravistyOJ said:
Cool, sounds like u got it figured out. I mean no disrespect here, but couldnt you just keep our money and rip off like 9 ppl? For some reason the neo commumity has more scams going on then ive ever seen. Please realize im not saying you will do this, i just thought of the possibility, can someone here put my mind at ease?
It's not that scams are any more frequent here than anywhere else, it's just that when someone gets scammed, they make sure that the whole n-g.com community knows about it, so there's just more that you see.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
TravistyOJ said:

I don't necessarily have to be the person to recieve the order. If someone else thinks they should do it, fine by me. I just came up with the idea of a bulk order and posted it.

If I had enough money to front for everyone and just buy them to resell to everyone else I would (although that really wouldn't be good business sense unless I was going to resell them at a higher ammount than I paid). If there was a trusted third party to hold the money until the items were delivered, that would be ideal for the buyers. The only thing I can think of would be to send money directly to JROK through paypal (as individuals), but then there is still the question of one person recieving all of the encoders and distributing them. Plus JROK would have to agree to recieve individual payments of $79.33 + (($6.5/n) + 1) and then x (the cost of shipping to an individual from whoever recieves all encoders) will have to paid seperatly to the person who gets all the boards.

There is a certain ammount of transaction safety that comes by using paypal, where you can dispute an item and have it refunded.

Here is my ebay feedback
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=dogtoy999&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS

Out of 128 transactions with 101 different sellers I have 0 negative feedback. I can understand being cautious though.

cheers,
-DT

jrok

n00b
Hey all !

Well.. to make it easier for everyone..

When you get 10 together, just email me and have folks individually send
payment directly to me ( paypal/money order ) and I'll ship the encoders out
to each person, effectively free shipping (!!) a once-in-a-lifetime offer :glee:

All you'll have to do is let me know the names to expect.

- James

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Wow! That is an excellent offer.

Truly is the safest and easiest way to do it. If we can get the ten people I am still down.

cheers and THANKS JAMES!
-DT

Drewmantrivia

Crazed MVS Addict
Sweet deal man!
Anyone else out there intrested? I'm rearing to go on this so give a yell to dogtoy you need one!

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
If this is one of the rare occasions I can get these shipped out of the states I'll gladly take two of them.

jrok

n00b
Pingu said:
If this is one of the rare occasions I can get these shipped out of the states I'll gladly take two of them.

Sure, I'll ship to Europe.

- James

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Do we have 10 people yet? I got a project I want to finish, so the sooner, the better.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
If he ships to Europe I'll take two as well. And now I think we reached 10.

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
OK so if my math is correct.....

Drewmantrivia 1
TravistyOJ 1
Topher 1
dogtoy 1
pingu 2
stuffmonger 2
MKL 2
ninja_maestro 1

Makes 11, but im not sure about free European shipping.

jrok

n00b
TravistyOJ said:
Makes 11, but im not sure about free European shipping.

Yes, I'll include Europe for Free shipping.

Anyone in Europe will just need to let me know if they need PAL or NTSC.

- James

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Just wanted to pop in & let everyone know that James's encoders are fantastic! Don't hesitate dealing with him :)