Samurai Shodown V, the cycle begins anew.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Hmm. Now I'm practically convinced that SSV is becoming a carrot on a stick. Everytime the release date draws near (like within 4 or 5 days), then somebody says "Psyche!" and pushes the date back another week. Did the reviewers really have near final copies or is this the beginning of a big smokescreen?

Anyway, now the date from EB is set to around the 17th, but now these dates are really nothing to believe. A boy can call wolf only so many times before people don't even care about the established date. The anticipation is being killed too many times and I can see people kind of writing this off as some vaporware that has screenshots and vids. Outside the mere idea that this game NEEDS to come out as a definitive SSV port (a rare US occurance), one would almost believe that they may have killed some of the anticipation for many users, with the delays.

I've seen Playmore push back dates, and all, but I think this is a new record for them. Anyway, I guess I'll be seeing SSV, whenever it decides to come out. Hopefully the place I made my reserve actually remembers to call me.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
This is why I never reserve anything. I didn't bother to reserve an X360 but got one a week or so before Christmas from a Best Buy store, since they had my name on a launch-day list. As for SSV, the delays really are ridiculous . . . wasn't there an SNK USA employee posting about SSV in the forums recently? Wonder why its been delayed so much . . . maybe they threw in SSVS for free?!?! :kekeke: :oh_no: :annoyed:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Delaymore strikes again.
Seriously man, fuck these guys.
There is NO possible real reason for these delays.
These are ports from an ancient 16-bit system that literally take basically NO work to program. It's one of the more retarded things I've ever seen.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Kirk Foiden said:
Hmm. Now I'm practically convinced that SSV is becoming a carrot on a stick. Everytime the release date draws near (like within 4 or 5 days), then somebody says "Psyche!" and pushes the date back another week. Did the reviewers really have near final copies or is this the beginning of a big smokescreen?
Trieu said they sent him one, and that a Jan release was "firm". All I can guess is them having trouble getting the game approved by MS. Who knows.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Well, I'll give it to them for one thing, since they do say that they were actually reprogramming much of the game instead of emulating the code and just tweaking it for Live play. I would also stand to guess that the team component isn't as big or vast as the ones that typically do arcade to home conversions with extra stuff, as well. (Like the ones responsible for the KOF ports we've seen recently, with the added 3D and new hardware effects).

Hopefully, after this, that team will be more prepared to do the other stuff. However, since I believe the rest of the games are being done Japanese-side, I'd venture to guess there's less to worry about a delay. Much less code to review because it already passed in a different territory. Could be the reason for the record delay. Neowave or KOF94 rebout will probably feel like they came in a flash, by comparison. That is, if NGBC doesn't get completed first. Playmore Japan pretty much sticks to dates and has the best resources to make sure of it. This working overseas stuff definitely seems to have its quirks.

(Probably a good indicator that, in general, outsourcing doesn't work too well; nor save a company money. It just looks good, to some folks, on paper.)

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
chimpmeister said:
This is why I never reserve anything.....got one a week or so before Christmas from a Best Buy store, since they had my name on a launch-day list.:

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Loopz said:
Delaymore strikes again.
Seriously man, fuck these guys.
There is NO possible real reason for these delays.
These are ports from an ancient 16-bit system that literally take basically NO work to program. It's one of the more retarded things I've ever seen.

2D fighters are dead in your opinion anyway, so what do you care? Do you have this game on order or something?

As for Playmore in Japan, they do delay some things. The most noticable is the Last Blade bundle, which is due out very soon but which has been delayed countless times.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
My inlaws reserved a copy for me for christmas. They paid in full for it. I wonder if I can return the pre pruchase and pick up the KOF '02/'03 pack or something else Delaymore has actually managed to release.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This is why having it on MVS is so much better.

DarkHuman

Geese's Thug
OK, i own this on MVS, but will get it on xbox when it comes out (even though i can't play it on my 360....) neways, i just read a review that appolizes for the delay to just us on neo-geo.com!!! it reads "sorry for the delay, we had to ADD lag back into the game for live." :very_ang:

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
MVS is good, but it won't get me the translated storyline mode, I'm looking for. Plus, I can simply carry the disk to my friends if we need to play over there, no need to carry a whole MVS setup just to play.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
DarkHuman said:
OK, i own this on MVS, but will get it on xbox when it comes out (even though i can't play it on my 360....) neways, i just read a review that appolizes for the delay to just us on neo-geo.com!!! it reads "sorry for the delay, we had to ADD lag back into the game for live." :very_ang:

have a link to this "review" ??

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
hanafudaX said:
2D fighters are dead in your opinion anyway, so what do you care? Do you have this game on order or something?

As for Playmore in Japan, they do delay some things. The most noticable is the Last Blade bundle, which is due out very soon but which has been delayed countless times.

Do you still have sand in your vagina from that other thread?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Loopz said:
Do you still have sand in your vagina from that other thread?

I don't know if it's just me but doesn't he always sound like he has sand in his vagina?

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
hanafudaX said:
So do you have this game on order then?

Nope, gonna buy it when it shows up. I know better thanks to Playmore's endless delays on every fucking thing they put out. KoF02/03? Delayed by almost a year.
Slug 4/5? Delayed. Even though these games laughably exist as ROMs people are already using on hacked XBoxes. Sorry man, it's indefensible.

When SNK put out a cartridge, the damned thing came out on time.
It's not as if SNKP just got started, they've been around a little while now.
Enough with the amateur shit already.
For a company as small as this, they should be treating their fans better.

hanafuda

Loopz said:
Nope, gonna buy it when it shows up. I know better thanks to Playmore's endless delays on every fucking thing they put out. KoF02/03? Delayed by almost a year.
Slug 4/5? Delayed. Even though these games laughably exist as ROMs people are already using on hacked XBoxes. Sorry man, it's indefensible.

When SNK put out a cartridge, the damned thing came out on time.
It's not as if SNKP just got started, they've been around a little while now.
Enough with the amateur shit already.
For a company as small as this, they should be treating their fans better.

Fair points.

It seems like the situation is worse in the US than here in Japan. Even so, like I said regarding the Last Blade on-line pack, it does happen. The release date for that has been postponed countless times.

Still, to be fair, NBC came out on time and Samurai Tenka looks like it will be delivered as promised, so it's not all bad.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Dark_Geese said:
The hell with SSV...just get Tenka..it comes out in like 2 weeks... :mr_t:

Tenka may be the best thing since sliced bread to you. Heck, I may pick it up myself. Does that mean I wanna' skip my chance at V? Hell no!

Forget it... I don't feel like a five-page back and forth that has both sides being heated over just games.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Metal Fatigue said:

Launch day list <> reserve, moron. I showed up on original launch day, systems were sold out, and a BB employee took my name and #, and put it on a list. No preorder, no prepay . . . and they called me back to offer a system as a result, no hassles. That doesn't exactly equal a preorder, does it Einstein?!?! :kekeke: