easy Sanwa microswitch replacement

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
I just recently replaced a couple joysticks in one of my cabs with sanwa JLF sticks. One thing that was concerning me was the fact that I didn't buy the harness to attatch to the sanwa circuit board that they put on their sticks. I then proceeded to try some cherry microswitches from some happ buttons that I have extras of, and viola, they fit like a charm, and feel great. take the circuit board completely off, and just set the cherry microswitches in the holes that the sanwa ones where in... it fits quite nicelly. If anybody wants, I'll take a pic of the ones I did....

-just thought I'd pop in with this little thing in case anyone was in my situation, or ever needed to cheaply replace worn out sanwa switches :D

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
stuffmonger said:
I just recently replaced a couple joysticks in one of my cabs with sanwa JLF sticks. One thing that was concerning me was the fact that I didn't buy the harness to attatch to the sanwa circuit board that they put on their sticks. I then proceeded to try some cherry microswitches from some happ buttons that I have extras of, and viola, they fit like a charm, and feel great. take the circuit board completely off, and just set the cherry microswitches in the holes that the sanwa ones where in... it fits quite nicelly. If anybody wants, I'll take a pic of the ones I did....

-just thought I'd pop in with this little thing in case anyone was in my situation, or ever needed to cheaply replace worn out sanwa switches :D

Just for the heck of it, post the pic. Also thanks for the info. Never thought of trying it out. Himura Games sells the PCB's for $18 alone. Good way to save a couple of bucks.