Stereo connector on an MV-1 MOBO

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
What do I use to hook up speakers to my MV-1 mobo? There are 4 prongs + and - for each speaker, but is there a connector that I can get so I don't need to solder to my motherboard? Thanks for any help. I can dig up some pics if it will help clarify my question.

Thanks,
Bill

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Is this going into a cab or are you using a supergun?

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Its going right into my supergun project. My arcade sticks (check the link below) are going to house my supergun. I would like to hook the MV-1 to clamp style speaker terminals so I can swap out speakers whenever I want.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
I can sell you an official speaker harness for 10 dollars shipped. PM me if you're interested.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
Simply take the signal from the Jamma harness then.

I'm not looking to output mono sound. My mobo supports stereo sound so I might as well take advantage of it :)

khyron

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Go to hardmvs.com or just look up jamma harness then look up MVS harness.

They are alost identical
I have stereo sound coming out of my jamma harness. I put a little switch in there even so i can go from mono to stereo

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
The manual for the MV-1 specificly says that Mono sound come out of the Jamma harness (when selected with the switch) and stereo sound comes via stereo connector on the side of the board.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Check your junk box for an old PC type power supply or a power splitter for drives... You can use a 3.5" floppy power connector.

RJ

khyron

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
dont have alot of experiance with one slot however i thought that the switch went from mono to stereo depending on what harness you had. if there are stereo outputs on the side then you probably just have to plug then into some powered speakers. I am not 100% sure though you should check out hardmvs.com

Actually I did the leg work for you bastard :glee:

wiring schematics

If you still cant figure it out then i dont know what to tell you :(

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
khyron said:
dont have alot of experiance with one slot however i thought that the switch went from mono to stereo depending on what harness you had. if there are stereo outputs on the side then you probably just have to plug then into some powered speakers.

No..... amplified mono through jamma or amplified stereo through stereo connector. Also headphone level stereo through headphone connector (Part of MVIC board).

You can use as previously suggested a 3.5" floppy drive power connector, or some older cables that link cd-rom drives to soundcards have this connector. If you can't get either, use some of the cables that go from PC LED lights to the connectors on the motherboard, just get 4 next to each other.

The connecter is wired (+), (-), (-), (+)

The headphone connector is wired the same way and is not power amplified (read: may be better place to get stereo for a supergun).

CHeers,
-DT

khyron

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
There you go straight from the man with the modified MV-1. let us know how things are going.