Leeds (UK) Arcade

Just started to put together some games for the arcade in Leeds - located in Mill Hill and we should get it fitted out by the end of January hopefully. Below is the current list, which will change slightly over the next couple of weeks, due to conversions and some new additions, but I would welcome any requests from those that live nearby who would like to see games that they would play...

Current (among others) as of today

KOF Neowave
KOF series - 3 titles
Demolish Fist
Tekken 4
Gigawing 2
Guilty Gear X
Neo Super Bubble Pop
WWF Royal Rumble
V Tennis
DOA Millenium

Coming

MS4
MS5
NGBC
KOF XI (prob Feb for this one)

Hopefully will get Last Hope there when that gets sorted - there is some new Sammy stuff that will be made available v soon, but we have to wait until after the show in January.....

Quite happy to keep this going as long as it gets used - so would welcome the feedback from those that live within playable distance.

Mill Hill Amusements
Mill Hill
Leeds

Thnx

Jeff F

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Best of luck with it Jeff.

I have no idea what the demand is for arcades these days - If I didn't live so far away, i'd come check it out.

Maybe you can post some pics for us when it's fitted out.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
not being funny, but the gaming audience is hardly wanting to play

demolish fist
super bubble pop
last hope

get a SF3 3rd strike cabinet instead :)

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
yo you really cant have an arcade without a street fighter present, preferably sf3ts. also a datona usa 2 cab or a sega rally cab wouldnt hurt either, also one shooter (like VC or TC). anywayz best of luck with it.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Your arcade is shit mate.

Get some driving games that aren't on bolloxwave like Outrun 2 SP.

Good luck though, honestly.

Rodders uk

Kuroko's Training Dummy
so many questions........

Sweet, will you post up full address when it is open and fully operational. I live about 45 mins away but will definately come over to check out your arcade.
Are you going to hold tournaments there for cash prizes?
Will you be getting in any sitdown large cabs like Namco Orange or Megalo 2?
Will you be running Western style cabs and/or are going to put in some Candy Cabs aswell?
I don't really know my way around Leeds, is it near Winstons by any chance ? :drool_2:

:eye:

Rodders uk

Kuroko's Training Dummy
.......should be large sitdown cabs, makes more sense :rolleyes:

oooooohhhhh your gonna have at least 1 hyper cab up and running aswell rite,
( Buriki 1 ) good way to advertise selling off some o that stock you have, shit I'm gonna have to hook mine up & practice now.

Hohoho Merry Christmas y'all :make_fac:

:eye:

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
im only about an hour away(ish) so id happily pop down and have a crack, but as some of the other guys said, an arcade to me always feels like its missing something if theres no street fighter there.

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Hello there. I'm one of the locals that has been nagging the owner of the arcade to get new cabs in for ages. I popped in today and low and behold, a bunch of new cabs (finally!)

Anyway, what you've put into the arcade is good already but it would make my Christmas the sooner you get NGBC and KOFXI in. You seem to know what you're talking about and tehre are some interesting titles in there that I haven't played since I went to Japan (Buriki one being one of them.) Anyway, I'm hoping that your efforts work and that some tournaments can be arranged in the future!

P.S. Get more versus games because they're always good for competition. That's why we play KOF 2K1 so much when some of us are in the arcade at the same time.

Cheers!

OK - will take some of those points on board

SF3 game will be added - will be a TS as that seems to be the more popular game - the new AW games will replace the Dem Fist as that is only in situ to get the platform in the premises up and running and checked out.

Cab choice - there are several schools of thought on this one - the sitdown cabs do look nice for a short time (but we have to be realistic here and we're in the UK - so they will get trashed) and white plastic cabs look like crap once they've been burned, knocked etc, and at least with wooden ones they can be repaired or made to look acceptable. As it stands, the cabs in situ look quite nice and the monitor pictures are good - so I will concentrate on content - also it's not cost effective to put in new plastic cabs or bring in additional ones from overseas.

Thanks for the comments on the challenge types of games - I don't generally play too many games these days due to time constraints, but when I do, they aren't fighters, so I will certainly listed to suggestions on content from those who are using the facility as to what they want.

There will be a Raptor system on test in Q1 - just ran out of money, and as an independant carrying out developing and manufacturing, my bucks went on the cocktail table that we built initially, until it paid for itself - so now we can continue with that and the new cabinets.

We tried drivers, and they just didn't get used in TSD format so maybe we can look at an upright, and there will be a nice new gun game going in in Q1 also.

Ta

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
An arcade must have SF3:TS at least, probably also CvS2 and MvsC2... >_<

Jontra

Kuroko's Training Dummy
These games will work fine in your arcade:

Cruis'n Exotica
Outrun 2
Virtua striker 2
Ultracade
Time crises 3
House of the dead (at least 2)
Streetfighter 3rd srike

Radiantgun

Zero's Secretary
And not forgetting a grabber grabber machine lol - all them hard Leeds lads like to win teddy bears i hear ! :)

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Don't be telling the board members secrets about the true weakness of 'hard Northern men!' :chimp:

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Radiantgun said:
Rotphungte,Son_of_Bael,Buster-Broon have all traded with the Radiantgun what better sig is there than that :)

Add me in there :kekeke:

Back to the thread though... When I come off Home Detention Curfew, I may have to pop up to Leeds and check this place out.

A KoF96 set on Lv8 would be nice too :D