Neo 29 candy cab?

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
Can the monitor be rotated to play vert games on this cab?

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
lill-c said:
Can the monitor be rotated to play vert games on this cab?

I assume it is,but will be a bitch to do ...Someone should know here..

I can't believe I can't find this info here.I've been searching,trying to find this answer and either come up with a dead search..
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /home/www/neo-geo/forums/search.php on line 815thissitesearchengineeatsmyASS.

or below.
http://www.arcade4home.com/CandyCabSite/SNKcabs.html

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1158922

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127914&highlight=Rotatable+monitor

Me-still looking for the answer.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
What about the Neo 19" while were on this subject :conf: kinder looks like a pram with that hood :lol:

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
The Neo29 can be rotated. Pretty easy. Just lay the cab on it's back and you can easily lift and turn all by yourself.

The Neo19 cannot be rotated.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
loopyeddie said:
The Neo29 can be rotated. Pretty easy. Just lay the cab on it's back and you can easily lift and turn all by yourself.

The Neo19 cannot be rotated.
Are you 100% sure about the 29? It is either one of these or an AstroCity cab I want to pick up ASAP.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I had one, and was asked this very question. I said no, but then found out from the buyer that you CAN flip it after he bought it from me. So, the answer is YES, if it's a Neo candy 29.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
OK then what do you guys think Astro or NEO? OK never mind I started a thred and asked this.

Last edited:

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Astro cus at least it can be 6 button.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sweet!!..Thank you

loopyeddie & Spike Spiegel...

Now this info will be here for future reference..

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Get an Astro City, they kick ass for any game.

meanbean

Armored Scrum Object
Yes, the monitor can be rotated. Lay down the cab, unscrew the nuts and then lift and rotate the monitor. Tighten nuts down and raise the cab off of the ground. Finished.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
The US big reds can not be rotated afaik, I have never actually seen one (apart from pics around here) but I recall Briggs confirming this a while ago.

The L&A Aussie big reds like the twins can be rotated..

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
ttooddddyy said:
The US big reds can not be rotated afaik, I have never actually seen one (apart from pics around here) but I recall Briggs confirming this a while ago.

The L&A Aussie big reds like the twins can be rotated..
Yes you are right about the big reds.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Come to think of it, why whould any neo cab really need to be rotatable, no neo games are vert?

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
lill-c said:
http://www.hardmvs.com/xml/jpn/jpCabs.htm I should have looked here first. :oh_no: it tells which ons are rotatable.

Good call lill-c. That should be the first source for all neo related questions.

RGB said:
Come to think of it, why whould any neo cab really need to be rotatable, no neo games are vert?

Was wondering the same thing myself...probably to make it more universal to other PCB's.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
topher said:
Was wondering the same thing myself...probably to make it more universal to other PCB's.

My thought was that I have a neo candy and neo 25, and there's another neo candy without a monitor that's buyable next month. But, I don't want another neo cab since 8 playable games is enough for me. But, the only cab I have that can swap to vert is 19". I would like to play some vert games on a 25" cab and since this candy is $150 if I have it delivered to a pickup location an hour away....that would be a nice buy. I could easily have another marquee cover for cut down printed large marquees or something. I love the neo candy looks and a mono/stereo switch, mikes dual board, and couple of vert shmups would fit in there nicely.

Anyways, that's why I ask :)