Take your bets will Playmore USA ship SSV this month?

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Well, the proposed release date, once again, rears close. Is it real, or is it a carrot on a stick?

Just a question given Gamestop (alone) so far, has pushed the release date to the middle of January. If true, what could possibly happen to push the date yet to that date? But maybe, it's not true. IGN seems to be making it out like they have a reviewable copy, already.

Take your bets, as I'm not sure what the calculated odds are, this time.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
I dunno....EB says the 19th (20th) still.... I would think they would have bumped it again by now if it needed to be. They already moved it about 3-4 times... but I'm thinking its going to come in this time. You can read reviews of it finally...so it has to be done right?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It will happen because they've made the game. No point in not releasing it.

But will it happen this month? I vote no. One place (Gamespot or Gamestop or one of those places) already has it listed as some point in January. If there's a question of it being released now, or being delayed, safe money is always on delay.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
YO-YO-Boy said:
better never then later! :kekeke:

buy ss6 instead! :cool:

STFU N00B! :mad:

There. That's my one.

On topic:
I'm still hopeful for this month. But, if it's pushed back to January like '94 Rebout has, so be it.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Gamestop usually updates their stuff quicker than other retailer sites, so I'd be willing to bet that it's pushed back.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I think they should can rebout right now and get us Neowave. '94 rebout isn't worth anything.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Ralfakick said:
I think they should can rebout right now and get us Neowave. '94 rebout isn't worth anything.
Speak for yourself. Anyhow, it's not like cancelling Rebout at this point would magically make Neowave come any faster. If anything, I'd prefer them to skip Neowave, and get started on Tenka, NBC, and KOF XI.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Speak for yourself. Anyhow, it's not like cancelling Rebout at this point would magically make Neowave come any faster. If anything, I'd prefer them to skip Neowave, and get started on Tenka, NBC, and KOF XI.

I did speak for myself :glee: I do have to say that Neowave is just as recycled as much as Kof Rebout and personally I would love to get a chance to play NBC again beyond getting dusted in Japanese arcades, but with the extent of these lackluster delays I'd rather hope to see their resources devoted to something that is above the mediocrity that Rebout is. I also have 94 on mvs and Aes and don't have rebout at all (even though I have played it at our area get togethers and in Japanese arcades) that personally I'd rather get Neowave now than Rebout.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Ralfakick said:
I did speak for myself :glee: I do have to say that Neowave is just as recycled as much as Kof Rebout and personally I would love to get a chance to play NBC again beyond getting dusted in Japanese arcades, but with the extent of these lackluster delays I'd rather hope to see their resources devoted to something that is above the mediocrity that Rebout is. I also have 94 on mvs and Aes and don't have rebout at all (even though I have played it at our area get togethers and in Japanese arcades) that personally I'd rather get that now than Rebout.
Yeah, I see what you're saying, but at this point of the delay situation, I doubt it's really a matter of them working on the game anymore. Most likely, it's just delays in approval from MS, so I don't think canceling it would help anything. When it gets approved, they'll send it to press, then to stores... but I'd like to think the delays at this point are no longer due to the actual localizing process.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Yeah, I see what you're saying, but at this point of the delay situation, I doubt it's really a matter of them working on the game anymore. Most likely, it's just delays in approval from MS, so I don't think canceling it would help anything. When it gets approved, they'll send it to press, then to stores... but I'd like to think the delays at this point are no longer due to the actual localizing process.

I have to say I'm always happy when anything gets released in the US on the "big 3" consoles from SNKP, and I will probably get Rebout when it comes out but I do remember someone posting that they saw the US version of Samurai Showdown 5 around October in New York from SNK and that it did need some working on, anyway the frustrations continue...

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
I hope it doesn't get delayed again, I was really looking forward to having a SSV xbox tournament this month ;_;

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
How much work can these guys be doing that they can't get a game out on time that's basically been finished for over 2 years? So lame.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I was under the impression that the game was actually being recoded. It's not exactly the same game as the one made 2 years ago. Exactly how much new code is there? I have no idea. I know we have Live coding, which has often been the cause of delay for most game releases, so far. Maybe the holidays (people taking breaks) are making this a tougher one to finalize.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
luckily the holiday brought a handful of xb games to mess with in the meantime.... I'm thinking of picking up that metal slug double pack to help too... once SS comes out for real, I will be up late every night I'm sure... I hope they come out with a strategy guide for the game too..it would be nice to get a large one with some new art work to scan.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
The Metal Slug double pack is pretty good. As long as you dig MS4 and/or 5. The only disappointment I had with it, was that Playmore never supplied a stereo version of the MS4 soundtrack. (I really liked that one, but like the arcade, the music is mono-aural). Metal Slug 5, on the other hand, is in full stereo. It also seems to have a lot of songs in it as the music may even change mid-level.

MS4 is the only Metal Slug with its patented score combo system. It's definitely got a lot for high score seekers. Most are pretty familiar with MS5, though.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
I only have MS 2 on the MVS, I have MS 3 on the XB already, and I was pleased with it...once it came down in price anyhow. I played 4 once when it came out in the arcade, but I dont think I have ever played 5.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Outside of MS5's new slide manuever. There isn't a whole lot of new stuff outside of new slugs and new enemies. One thing quite different is the way they present the story. Instead of waiting for the very end for story details and/or the sudden plot twist; they tend to throw these in-game cutscenes and such to push the story along, between missions. There also seems to be more in the way of traps. Technically, MS4 was the beginning of a new change to the sound in Metal Slug. Where the old Metal Slug sound is being replaced by music from studio equipment. Studio Aqua continues to work their magic.