2006 Ultimate Arcade Stand-Up Unit. whats the deal with these emulator cabs..?

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the "Ultimarc" unit? They also have an "official" SF Anniversary cabinet on their site. It's neat to an extent how these are making it to the mainsteam. The way I see it the more people are bamboozled into buying these the cheaper real cabinets get for us.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
ok for that much you can easily get a Naomi Universal Shipped from Japan to your house. Seriously, I would rather have the Naomi Universal than that fricking thing.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
all those games combined arent worth over a couple 30 dollar compilation discs, and the cab is probably worth around 500-600, and thats if it's got an RGB monitor and not a TV in it. what a rip.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
2300$????like hell...get a real cab for 250 to 500 that hasn't had the coin door permenanently deactivated.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
My local arcade has that. Its kind of nifty since it has a lot of games but it's wierd and lagtacular when on the selection menu.

I gave it props for having SF1 which was kind of fun to play, but really most of the stuff on their isn't very good

cdoty

n00b
lachlan said:
Gimme an Egret 3 instead.

So, you're the one hording all of the Astro cabinets? You b*st*rd! :)

$2300 is really expensive for a home use only cabinet. This would seem like a decent product for a conviece store or pizza place.

That must be a condition for licensing the roms.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
cdoty said:
So, you're the one hording all of the Astro cabinets? You b*st*rd! :)

$2300 is really expensive for a home use only cabinet. This would seem like a decent product for a conviece store or pizza place.

That must be a condition for licensing the roms.

Yeah, it is. Here's a link to their arcade version -- I've seen their 19' version for sale @ Frys, and I know it was cheaper thatn this (but I'm not sure how much cheaper).

And the coin door being disabled? (A) How many of you actually use coins in your machines, anyway? and (B) You can always buy a new door and swap it out.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Who the hell is David Foley?? And how the heck does he own the rights to toaplan games!!

Really, these emu cabs are getting outta hand.. Some little rich kids will be thinking they own the real thing!

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Lime2K said:
And the coin door being disabled? (A) How many of you actually use coins in your machines, anyway? and (B) You can always buy a new door and swap it out.

Me, and it states that they are permenanently disabled...makes me wonder if they are disabled through the emu. If I wanted an EmuCade this bad, I would build one for ALOT less then this. However I prefer circuit boards to emu setups.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
They are obviously not targeting us as potential customers. They are looking for those people who have everything and looking to put the cabinet into their den so they can entertain their friends. It goes well with their Harley Davidson and Cadillac Escalade. We keep it real since we know that real cabinets can't be emulated. Now I'm going to play my 1977 Space Invaders cabinet.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
I want to get my hands on one of thse Ultracade machines.

Only because I want to see if there's any MAME code in it at all. Piracy is bad and all, but stealing source that's openly available is worse and I suspect that this guy who runs Ultracade stole code from MAME. Call it a hunch.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Well, the model that COSTCO has sucks; they had one setup in the warehouse weeks ago.

The monitor angle is almost completely flat, almost like a table top cabinet which makes it hard to see.

And if that's 19" then I owe a few ladies some apologies...

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i don't see bubble bobble on the list,
so i wouldn't touch the thing.
since that's the only thing i play when i mess with those ultracades at the arcades.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
That garbage is made for rich mofo's that want to be cool and have an acrade machine in their game room. Prally has a regular old TV, not and rgb monitor in it. I bet its crap ass joysticks too.

subzero

n00b
I think that is a hunk of shit after I looked at it. I would rather play Ms. Pacman on the Plug and Play for $20. I would rather play with MAME any day of the week. I enjoy MAME alot since I like arcade games and there are none around.

TARGET is selling a similar piece of shit for about $400 that I saw in a flyer once.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
djrconsoles kr1 said:
If you think $2,300 is abit steep - how about this at £4k - and remember thats in £GBP, the $US will be around 7k.

http://www.libertygames.co.uk/main.asp?loc=products.asp?dep=3

I love the machine, but 4k? :oh_no:

Looks good, but its a crummy emulator at heart, and nothing changes that...

You could buy yourself the 'real' boards and parts and have a custom cab built for less than that I bet!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
$2300 us = $3130 aud
Add another 200 aud onto that and I could pick up 3 New Astro City cabinets.

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Lol, I tried to play windjammers on one of these in cosco and the damn thing froze up on me. What a p.o.s.

sammaz

Quiz Detective
LOL look at what else you can get at the same time as you buy the overpriced cab!

http://www.costco.com/Common/CategoryMain.aspx?cat=20595&eCat=BC|20595&whse=BC&topnav=

Hallarious...do you think they are providing products that the customers demand...cause dead people dont demand too much...theyre pretty easy going..

heehe