EEprom in cart

masschamber

NEST Puppet
15 Year Member
I opened up my world heroes cart just to see if I could and several of the chips were eeproms,
Did snk use eeproms early on or do all neo geo games have eeproms, it just seemed odd to me as only 3 of them where

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
masschamber said:
I opened up my world heroes cart just to see if I could and several of the chips were eeproms,
Did snk use eeproms early on or do all neo geo games have eeproms, it just seemed odd to me as only 3 of them where

Carts do not use EEPROMs (electronically erasable programmable read only memory)

Many carts do use EPROMs (erasable programable read only memory) with the window on the ICs for uv erasure.

Different production runs of the same cart may or may not use EPROMS.
EPROM does not = bootleg.

Edit: if you are in doubt of the authenticity of the cart, the best way to confirm is to post a piccy here.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
masschamber said:

Eproms or EEproms?

Most world Heroes carts have EPROMS....

masschamber

NEST Puppet
15 Year Member
My mistake they were eproms, just wondering, it looked legit just I thought they're use was kind of odd.