KOF MI 2 on X360

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
"SNK Playmore's FALCOON, producer of KOF Maximum Impact 2, states that his game is being updated to be fully next generation compliant graphically and will also have new characters. He's hoping to add new elements to the stages, including elevation differences, and also promises Online play."

Source : http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/674/674175p1.html

I guess if 2D is dead then this will be the only SNK game 360 owners will be playing on Live

soapy_jack23

Crazed MVS Addict
Lets give em a chance if I remember correctly the first 2d games they made kinda sucked also and then later down the road (ok I will say it was samsho but I am sure I will get flamed lmao)they exceled at it.

Good saying with anything in life is practice makes perfect :)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
soapy_jack23 said:
Lets give em a chance if I remember correctly the first 2d games they made kinda sucked also and then later down the road (ok I will say it was samsho but I am sure I will get flamed lmao)they exceled at it.
I don't think people are going to flame you just because you misspelled Fatal Fury 2.

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
madmanjock said:
"SNK Playmore's FALCOON, producer of KOF Maximum Impact 2, states that his game is being updated to be fully next generation compliant graphically and will also have new characters. He's hoping to add new elements to the stages, including elevation differences, and also promises Online play."

Source : http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/674/674175p1.html

I guess if 2D is dead then this will be the only SNK game 360 owners will be playing on Live
IIRC this is another KoF MI, X-Box 360 exclusive.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
This isn't the only game SNK is bringing to XBox 360; did you not see that Neo-Geo Battle Colliseum is also going to come out, complete with Xbox Live play?

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
SouthtownKid said:
I don't think people are going to flame you just because you misspelled Fatal Fury 2.

FF1 sucked. FF2 sucked. AOF1 sucked. AOF2 sucked. SS1 sucked...

Need i go on?

Good fighters from the "old" SNK:

FFS
SS2
Garou
KOF98
RBFF2

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Frankfurt said:

Need i go on?

FFS
SS2
Garou
KOF98
RBFF2
Dio Brando, ladies and gentlemen. Neo-Geo.com's most annoying, yet-to-be perma-banned fake account.

FF2 sucked but FFS was good? You only play as Duck, Tung, and the boss characters? Go suck an egg. You need to "go on" to another forum, like maybe gamefaqs or something. I bet you could rule that place. If you take Abster with you, I'll paypal you a quarter.

starman

Armored Scrum Object
Hey the old SNK had plenty of good fighters. Good games in general.. at that.

hahahaha

FF 1 and 2 haven't aged well, but FF3 is still tops :buttrock:

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
Frankfurt said:

Need i go on?

FFS
SS2
Garou
KOF98
RBFF2
....and this guy's STILL in these forums?! Man you must REALLY suck in the other SNK fighters.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Frankfurt said:

Need i go on?

FFS
SS2
Garou
KOF98
RBFF2

AOF1,2 and SS1 are awesome fighters.

DarkHuman

Geese's Thug
Frankfurt said:

Need i go on?

FFS
SS2
Garou
KOF98
RBFF2

You need to go on home talking that crap. Fool. you need to check your roots, and play the good games ....like FF1, FF2, AOF1, AOF2, and SS1. I pity the fool who can't play these games, pity! :mr_t:

Finally, a few comments from some of the lesser known names in gaming. SNK Playmore's FALCOON, producer of KOF Maximum Impact 2, states that his game is being updated to be fully next generation compliant graphically and will also have new characters. He's hoping to add new elements to the stages, including elevation differences, and also promises Online play
I hope so...

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
SouthtownKid said:
Dio Brando, ladies and gentlemen. Neo-Geo.com's most annoying, yet-to-be perma-banned fake account.

FF2 sucked but FFS was good? You only play as Duck, Tung, and the boss characters? Go suck an egg. You need to "go on" to another forum, like maybe gamefaqs or something. I bet you could rule that place. If you take Abster with you, I'll paypal you a quarter.

He is also Time_Stop from SRK. Posts great info at times but...

Anyway, AOF 1, and FF 2 sucked? Hahaha, what a joke.

As far as MI2, everything we have seen so far will be updated if its giong to be a next-gen game.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
wow man you guys actually find FF1&2 to be good. wtf did i miss on. last time i checked these games where mere sf2 clones with some great chara designs but bad, ok letz say not so so good games. aof1 and 2 great???. cmon man even aof2 and ff2 cant compare to sf2ww and that games 2 to 3 years older than these copies.

ff2 and ffs arent just the same 2 games that look alike. specials 3 extra charas and playable bosses arent the only thing. huge gameplay diferences make these 2 games totally different. most important thing is in ff2 you cant even combo, no 2 in ones or repeating 2 or 3 crouching lp or lk's. cmon man ff2 dousnt deserve more that 50 or 60% as a game, even not in 92. ffs is gold even today the game stands out after playing it for a few rounds, you can just see the greatness of this games charas, playabillety and overall goodness cause even now it plays good.

ff1 aND 2 fall way short. aof 1 & 2 are one of the worst fighters ever. who wants to play a fighter thats as boring as those 2 games in 2p mode. ok ss1 was and is still pretty good. thats about the time snk started leading in the fighting branche and stopped copying from capcom (it actually turned around). these games might be fun to play for a few minutes ones a year but thats it. it beats me why anybody might want to play ff2 instead of special. and please dont compare these shitty old fighters to gems like the lb series or rb's or kofs. i dont even know what i liked about ff2 and aof1 back in the days, maybe cause it had little competition even from snk.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
wow man you guys actually find FF1&2 to be good. wtf did i miss on. last time i checked these games where mere sf2 clones with some great chara designs but bad, ok letz say not so so good games. aof1 and 2 great???. cmon man even aof2 and ff2 cant compare to sf2ww and that games 2 to 3 years older than these copies.

ff2 and ffs arent just the same 2 games that look alike. specials 3 extra charas and playable bosses arent the only thing. huge gameplay diferences make these 2 games totally different. most important thing is in ff2 you cant even combo, no 2 in ones or repeating 2 or 3 crouching lp or lk's. cmon man ff2 dousnt deserve more that 50 or 60% as a game, even not in 92. ffs is gold even today the game stands out after playing it for a few rounds, you can just see the greatness of this games charas, playabillety and overall goodness cause even now it plays good.

ff1 aND 2 fall way short. aof 1 & 2 are one of the worst fighters ever. who wants to play a fighter thats as boring as those 2 games in 2p mode. ok ss1 was and is still pretty good. thats about the time snk started leading in the fighting branche and stopped copying from capcom (it actually turned around). these games might be fun to play for a few minutes ones a year but thats it. it beats me why anybody might want to play ff2 instead of special. and please dont compare these shitty old fighters to gems like the lb series or rb's or kofs. i dont even know what i liked about ff2 and aof1 back in the days, maybe cause it had little competition even from snk.
Come on man, how old are you? Were you even playing in '92? FF2 was an amazing game when it came out, that easily stood up to the current Street Fighter. I was in Japan in '93 for about a month before Special's release to about 2 months after. FF2 got a lot of play in those days, and in the arcades I was at, it and FFS got a lot more than Super SF2 which was new then also.

If you're going to judge a game's worth just on its ability to compare to current games' gameplay, that's too narrow for me. To me, a game's worth is how much I enjoy playing it. I enjoy playing any FF from 2 on. In fact, out of the whole series, I'd have to say it was a tight race between FF1 and MotW over which I get the LEAST enjoyment from. MotW is great, has a lot of depth, looks nice, blah blah blah-- I don't care that much about it. I get bored after a game or two of it. I'd rather play FFS, FF3, or any RB over MotW, 100 times out of 100. It's subjective.

I would never say I'd rather play FF2 over FFS; all I said was FF2 was the first SNK fighter that I felt was really playable.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
To me, a game's worth is how much I enjoy playing it.
that's enough to disintegrate 80% of what has upto now been written in this forum. it's the simple irrefutable truth.
and yes, Fatal Fury 1 and 2 where amazingly enjoyable for me and the people around me at the time.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
well, ill be 25 in a few weeks so im not that young either. ive been in the fighters scene since the kunf fu days playing on my uncles comodore. what really got me into fighting games was sf2 (the reason i got a snes in the first place) in the cades and other places like back in 90/91 or whatever. since then the games that get most play from me are fighters, 2d snk and capcom fighters to be exxact. ive played as good as all of them and believe me im in perfect condition to be a judge over all these games ive played. been playing these games competetivelly since then, along with my little brothers. i still play good but just not that often anymore.

personally id like to judge a game on what it has to offer. some games just offered a little fun like ff2, some offered more, a lot more like ss2. i also play old games like ff2 or 1 and even aof 1 or 2 ones every now and then, just for a little fun and nostalgia. but when i really wanna have fun (gaming wise :shame: ) i play lb or lb2 or kof 95/97/98 any RB, hell even ss2,3,4, ffs or sfa 2/3 sf3ts. thats fun for me. playing kof 97 or 98 is great. some just like 97 better others like 98 better, personall preferences. but ff2 (mediocre) just isnt a good or great game no matter how you look at it. you like it, personall opinion. i dont also personall opinion. but ff2 not being a good or great game is a fact. you have fun with it, yes could be, your opinion but that dousnt make the game good. sometimes i have fun playing aof1 or KI, are these games good though, hell no.

dont take it personall, its just a matter of personall opinions. you ussually have a lot of opinions or matters i agree upon, but some just dont. but comparing FFS, SS2, Garou, KOF98, RBFF2 to ff2 is blasphemy. its just not right, no matter how much fun you have with ff2. though i have to agree on that motw isnt as much "fun" as some of the older titles. if you have fun playing ff2 keep on playing. ill just keep playing the games i like, same as you.

p.s. how old are you? you opened the reply talking like my father would talk when i was 7. im not 12 or 18 and you aint 50 or 60. letz just treat each other with the same curtosy we get, son. :D

and DevilRedeemed, they where 15 years ago, but are they still? people enjoyed pong back then, do they still. ff1 and 2 where enjoyed by a lot of people back then, still??? nope. ffs was and still is. thats what makes a great game. fun and good are 2 different cases in gaming, id rather have both in a fighter.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
dont take it personall, its just a matter of personall opinions. you ussually have a lot of opinions or matters i agree upon, but some just dont. but comparing FFS, SS2, Garou, KOF98, RBFF2 to ff2 is blasphemy. its just not right, no matter how much fun you have with ff2.
Everything is personal opinion except your opinion, which is fact? That's bullshit, man.

Fact: I enjoy a game of FF2 more today than a game of MotW. That is a fact. I don't try to say FF2 is a better game... that's opinion. It's like one person might enjoy a long 8 hour drive in the car, but to another person, the same thing could be torture. There's no way to say something is "better" than another when it comes to enjoyment.

I loved SF2 when it came out, and like you I bought Super Famicom just to play that game. But when FF2 came out, I liked that game even more, and me and the roommate bought a Neo. Was FF2 a better game than SF2? I think so, but it's subjective. I know we enjoyed it more, though.

p.s. age: 36 :(