Enterbrain

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
hanafudaX said:
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XI CONQUEROR'S GUIDE
2005年12月21日(水)発売予定
予価1,449円(税込)
Enterbrain
Thanks for the heads-up on this one (for those that like ISBN numbers, according to amazon.co.jp it's ISBN: 4757725612) -- I've gotta get my shopping list going already (my New Year's trip is right around the corner now). Here're some recently released items that have also caught my eye:

Virtual-On 10th Anniversary National Tournament DVD, 6090 yen, release date TBA
Overture: Melty Blood Act Cadenza National Finals Tournament DVD, 5040 yen, on sale 12/8/05
Street Fighter III 3rd STRIKE Cooperation Cup Vol. 4, 5040 yen, on sale 9/29/05
enterbrain mook Arcadia Extra Vol. 26: Guilty Gear XX Slash Beat Encyclopedia, 1449 yen, on sale 11/16/2005
Tougekidamashii Vol. 2, 1344 yen, on sale 12/21/05 (it's the follow-up to this mook)
According to tougeki.com, there's also a Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection guidebook coming in 2006.

--Chris

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Thanks for the ISBN number. I had a quick look for it yesterday but couldn't find it.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Interesting. They released one for NGBC as well right?

hanafuda

xtoo_short20x said:
Interesting. They released one for NGBC as well right?

Yep, and very nice it is too, but it doesn't go into loads of technical detail if that is what you are after.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
Tougekidamashii Vol. 2

well,this is kind of strange

i bought the first one and yes it's all about the tougeki 2005 ( as the title suggests )

is this volume 2 still about the tougeki ?

what's left to show or say i wonder

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
On a somewhat related note, has anyone heard anything about possible soundtrack releases for KOF XI or NGBC?

hanafuda

Anyone pick this up? The release date has crept up on me: forgot it was coming out. May try to find it tomorrow.

hanafuda

Picked this up today. Is a nice book. If you got the NBC one you know what to expect.

New Arcadia is out to in redesigned form. Quite a healthy section on KOF XI, plus bits on Tenka and a page on NBC.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
hanafudaX said:
Picked this up today. Is a nice book. If you got the NBC one you know what to expect.

New Arcadia is out to in redesigned form. Quite a healthy section on KOF XI, plus bits on Tenka and a page on NBC.

Can you post scans?

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
I'd actually get this MOOK if it wasn't for those high rate EMS shipping charges. Blah, what am I saying, I paid those prices for the other mooks I've bought in the past. It's just better to buy more than one item while getting something from overseas. That wasy he shipping doesn't hurt you as much.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Picked up the KOFXI mook and the new Arcadia on 12/29, right after the first day of Comic Market. Unfortunately, I didn't see Arcadia's article on the Comiket-exclusive repaint of this Athena figurine until we were in the car and nearly home (here's the normal color Athena). It's a good-sized figure at 24cm, and weighs in at 7500 yen -- dunno if I'd've picked one up or not, but I'd still like to have seen it in person. Looks like Wafudo was only planning to have the figure there on 12/29.

Arcadia made another pre-emptive strike against my wallet with an advert alerting me to yet another DVD I'll need next month:

Guilty Gear XX Slash: WARGASM
01/26/2006
6090 yen

It's a 2-disc set, one disc being a strategies/tactics disc, the other being a mini-tournament of high-level players organized for this DVD. Haven't seen any details on running time yet.

--Chris

hanafuda

You probably saw it, but the 格闘技 2 + DVD mag was also out (can't remember the exact name of it).

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
hanafudaX said:
You probably saw it, but the 格闘技 2 + DVD mag was also out (can't remember the exact name of it).
This one?
Dash no Chris said:
Tougekidamashii Vol. 2, 1344 yen, on sale 12/21/05
Been keeping an eye out for it, but it hasn't been in any of the bookstores I've visited so far (which, admittedly, have been very few in number). I figure I'll run across it in the next day or two of shopping.

--Chris

hanafuda

Dash no Chris said:
This one?

Been keeping an eye out for it, but it hasn't been in any of the bookstores I've visited so far (which, admittedly, have been very few in number). I figure I'll run across it in the next day or two of shopping.

--Chris

Yeah, that's the one. I was really off on the name of it :loco: Probably because I didn't get the first one so haven't really been following it.

Anyway, it looked like it had some good stuff in it, including some pages on old titles like KOF '98.

Conn

NEST Puppet
Order done for kofXI guide. I hope it'll be here soon