Adelheid now playable in KOFXI (plus 10 new videos)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
http://www.cyberfanatix.com/

that makes unlocking Sho and the rest of mid-bosses inevitable.

the 10 videos are also awesome. tons of cancels and save shifts, now properly used. uh and nothing beats Terry pulling his jCD (too bad he got pwned though). There is also Eiji pwnage in the first vid.

if you lost interest in the game overtime while waiting, then watch these.

(sorry if either or both of these were posted before)

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Thanks. Just watching them now.

New Arcadia was released in Japan yesterday and has about 12 pages on KOF XI. Not had chance to read it yet.

Devine Orochi

Geese's Thug
Wow. What is up with Ralf's boyband like alternate color for his outfit?

And what is the game the last group of vids from? It plays so much like those Capcom vs series.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I see that odd 2003 style juggling shit is still in. *Watch Kula's play for a example*

Still it looks a shitload better then 2003. One of the bg's reminds me of AOF 3.

Would have liked to see more use of the newer chars.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'll have to play it to comment on the gameplay...but we can be shallow about the rest of the shit we see:

Visually, WTF? While I'm glad that they kept the bgs 2d, unlike neowave, why the fuck do they look so boring? These Bgs...they look ok, but they are so....argh boring. Sometimes, when I watch someone play a game in the arcade, I like to appreciate a well rendered BG. These would be fine for an advance landscape portrait class, but not me. bleh.

Sprites: Playmore, you have enough memory now, you can add more animations, please.

Music: Really awful

Still cant wait to try it but it looks like it will play just like SVC, which I hated.

BTW : WHICH VIDEO HAS DUCK KING INNIT? IM NOT GOING TO WATCH ALL 10 OF THESE!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I didn't see duck at all.

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
This is bizarre...
There have been over at least 50 match-videos released, and I'm quite sure 9/10 will say that this game looks fucking awesome in more or less every aspect. And here we go, one fucking vid is posted and n-g.com is crying.

This was once a neogeo fansite? No one would believe it.

There are over 10 vids with duck king, maybe 20 with Oswald and tons more where that came from. Maybe you should all try a site where actual gameplay are discussed, or get an x360.

H

hermegildo

Yeah, because 2 or 3 members bitching about it means everybody on the site hates the game.

:rolleyes:

This is indeed a neo-geo fansite but last I heard, KOFXI was not a neo-geo game.

Get off your high horse or shut the fuck up.

What's the big problem with some people not liking the game?

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
game looks fun to play, at least while we still dont know how many infinites bugs the game sports. one thing i do have to agree on is the game does look ugly. people who dont see that obviously got shit in their eyes. but then again kof since 99 hasnt been about the graphics anymore, not that it was before that. as long as the game is good ill get it for my ps2, and enjoy it. but cmon snkp, we need a new NEW game. dousnt have to be a new franchise, just give us something to look forward to.

Last edited:

hanafuda

MUSOLINI said:
game looks fun to play, at least while we still dont know how many infinites the game sports. one thing i do have to agree on is the does look ugly. people who dont see that obviously got shit in their eyes. but then again kof since 99 hasnt been about the graphics anymore, not that it was before that. as long as the game is good ill get it for my ps2, and enjoy it. but cmon snkp, we need a new NEW game. dousnt have to be a new franchise, just give us something to look forward to.

Infinites are in there. I haven't been following closely, but Vanessa has one.

As for visuals, I think it looks just fine. Particularly love the presentation. The only thing I don't like are some of the alternate character colours: a lot of them are ass.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I must have shit in my eyes. I think it looks pretty good. Huge step up from '01-'03 and Neowave. And '99 is massively overrated, imo. Yeah, yeah, the rain stage... but other than that, I found the '99 backgrounds boring.

I like most of the music in XI, also. Supposedly some of the people who used to do music for old SNK came back for this, and I think it shows. Way better than '03, and a completely different world to '01 &'02.

hanafudaX said:
Yeah, she has Rick's... I don't know if it works on everyone though.

Rade K

20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
but cmon snkp, we need a new NEW game. dousnt have to be a new franchise, just give us something to look forward to.

Tell me about it. What's up with the lack of fighters these days? I am completely sick of KOF.

Put out a graphical showcase game, something new, state of the 2D art.

milton

n00b
Rade Kuruc you should go fuck up with another company, snk is just giving us what we want and is kof. :angry:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
SouthtownKid said:
I must have shit in my eyes. I think it looks pretty good. Huge step up from '01-'03 and Neowave. And '99 is massively overrated, imo. Yeah, yeah, the rain stage... but other than that, I found the '99 backgrounds boring.

I like most of the music in XI, also. Supposedly some of the people who used to do music for old SNK came back for this, and I think it shows. Way better than '03, and a completely different world to '01 &'02.

Yeah, she has Rick's... I don't know if it works on everyone though.

haha, nah your eyes are just fine if you put it like that. dont know for sure but dont think you got shit on em, right? you have some good points in your arguments. presentation looks clean and nice for the most part. like the winning portraits are looking very clean and pretty well done, a little simple but whatever. i like the movies, the art in them is simple but looks to fit the game. the choosing screen has the most ugly art ever in snk history and just looks like crap IMO.

bgs might be fine(boring, pretty ugly, but for snkp its pretty decent), but personally i dont think they can thouch some of those from 95, 96 and 98 even 97. let alone the bgs from capcom, or LB, SS or even the new hokuto. as a simple sprite rip game snkp did a pretty good job.

but after waiting so long for a new kof, still seeing the same sprites does make my eyes hurt. there are frames in the game that are older than some members on this board. new game new sytem but really nothing new. i just hope they dont fuck it up like 03 and at least get rid of these stupid bugs. ive got a feeling if people keep accepting these sprite rips and shit we'll never be able to see a really new game. since snkp know kof wil be kof = succes no matter what you bring out.

Rade K

20 Year Member
milton said:
Rade Kuruc you should go fuck up with another company, snk is just giving us what we want and is kof. :angry:

As much as like KOF, I'm going to have to beat the dead horse and ask SNK to either start from scratch, or shelf the series entirely.

If they keep on doing this, they are going to wear out the brand. KOF doesnt mean (to me) what it meant in 98, 99.

I want to know if there is an talent left in that company. I want to see fresh...not heavily recycled sequels.

newhere

Kuroko's Training Dummy
MUSOLINI said:
Musolıni's post

Hold on a minute i think you're exaggerating a little bit. The graphics look good enough even from videos. And theres lots of old characters redrawn and i think their sprites look really great (jyazu, silber and gai hayate duck king all looks great to me).
And Dont forget Oswald, Elizabeth and Momoko even if you dont love them you cant say theyre not well-drawn and well-animated. Also Shen got new animations which are great visually.
However I know what you mean but dont expect radical graphic changes or a "new"game, 'till a new saga or dreammatch. Kof XI looks great so far.

----
About colors I know some looks awful but some looks real great. (Lemon Clark, Strawberry Vanessa and Ice Kula are awesome. though most zombie colors, black haired Oswald, and all-the-same-outfit-color Elizabeth sucks).

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
hermegildo said:

Get off my high horse? :spock:
If you bother to look around these boards you´ll find my point. I've been visiting this board more or less every day for many years. Not anymore though, and it's not hard to see why.

I'm very hyped for the upcoming titles myself. The impressions posted here are my source for even visiting and highly appreciated. But it's really not worth going through 10 pages of whine and spam from people who haven't even seen a video of the game in question.

And what's the big problem with some people not liking the game?

Well, for starters, they haven't even played it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
milton said:

:rolleyes: what we want is something new. Not something old with a new pricetag.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
game looks solid I can't wait for a console release which will be quite some time

hanafuda

Why is it nearly always that most of the people that moan and complain about the games are ones that haven't even played them?

The KOF 'formula' has worked for more than 10 years, and there are no signs of that changing.

Dark_Geese

Morden's Lackey
The Vanessa infinite for what I've figured out is on Shen only based on what I've heard or extremely hard to do in reality.

Also what we've figured out is SNK put the Saving Shift or whatever to stop infinites..thats all it takes to break these things in this game.

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
The music in KOFXI is the best in a KOF since 2000.

Period.

hanafudaX said:

The juggling issues on the corner are only on Shen Woo, very hard to do and absolutelly useless in an actual match. Angel's infinites were way easier to do, and guess what? Nobody bothered, and even when they did, it didn't make Angel any stronger or broken.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Call me when the next Fatal Fury game comes out.