PDA

View Full Version : Adelheid now playable in KOFXI (plus 10 new videos)

k'_127
12-01-2005, 04:17 AM
http://www.cyberfanatix.com/

that makes unlocking Sho and the rest of mid-bosses inevitable.

the 10 videos are also awesome. tons of cancels and save shifts, now properly used. uh and nothing beats Terry pulling his jCD (too bad he got pwned though). There is also Eiji pwnage in the first vid.

if you lost interest in the game overtime while waiting, then watch these.

(sorry if either or both of these were posted before)

hanafuda
12-01-2005, 04:50 AM
Thanks. Just watching them now.

New Arcadia was released in Japan yesterday and has about 12 pages on KOF XI. Not had chance to read it yet.

Devine Orochi
12-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Wow. What is up with Ralf's boyband like alternate color for his outfit?

And what is the game the last group of vids from? It plays so much like those Capcom vs series.

LWK
12-01-2005, 04:24 PM
I see that odd 2003 style juggling shit is still in. *Watch Kula's play for a example*

Still it looks a shitload better then 2003. One of the bg's reminds me of AOF 3.

Would have liked to see more use of the newer chars.

Rade K
12-01-2005, 09:54 PM
I'll have to play it to comment on the gameplay...but we can be shallow about the rest of the shit we see:

Visually, WTF? While I'm glad that they kept the bgs 2d, unlike neowave, why the fuck do they look so boring? These Bgs...they look ok, but they are so....argh boring. Sometimes, when I watch someone play a game in the arcade, I like to appreciate a well rendered BG. These would be fine for an advance landscape portrait class, but not me. bleh.

Sprites: Playmore, you have enough memory now, you can add more animations, please.

Music: Really awful

Still cant wait to try it but it looks like it will play just like SVC, which I hated.

BTW : WHICH VIDEO HAS DUCK KING INNIT? IM NOT GOING TO WATCH ALL 10 OF THESE!

LWK
12-01-2005, 10:59 PM
I didn't see duck at all.

krakov
12-02-2005, 04:51 AM
This is bizarre...
There have been over at least 50 match-videos released, and I'm quite sure 9/10 will say that this game looks fucking awesome in more or less every aspect. And here we go, one fucking vid is posted and n-g.com is crying.

This was once a neogeo fansite? No one would believe it.

There are over 10 vids with duck king, maybe 20 with Oswald and tons more where that came from. Maybe you should all try a site where actual gameplay are discussed, or get an x360.

hermegildo
12-02-2005, 04:57 AM
Yeah, because 2 or 3 members bitching about it means everybody on the site hates the game.

:rolleyes:

This is indeed a neo-geo fansite but last I heard, KOFXI was not a neo-geo game.

Get off your high horse or shut the fuck up.

What's the big problem with some people not liking the game?

hanafuda
12-02-2005, 08:56 AM
game looks fun to play, at least while we still dont know how many infinites the game sports. one thing i do have to agree on is the does look ugly. people who dont see that obviously got shit in their eyes. but then again kof since 99 hasnt been about the graphics anymore, not that it was before that. as long as the game is good ill get it for my ps2, and enjoy it. but cmon snkp, we need a new NEW game. dousnt have to be a new franchise, just give us something to look forward to.

Infinites are in there. I haven't been following closely, but Vanessa has one.

As for visuals, I think it looks just fine. Particularly love the presentation. The only thing I don't like are some of the alternate character colours: a lot of them are ass.

SouthtownKid
12-02-2005, 09:01 AM
I must have shit in my eyes. I think it looks pretty good. Huge step up from '01-'03 and Neowave. And '99 is massively overrated, imo. Yeah, yeah, the rain stage... but other than that, I found the '99 backgrounds boring.

I like most of the music in XI, also. Supposedly some of the people who used to do music for old SNK came back for this, and I think it shows. Way better than '03, and a completely different world to '01 &'02.

Infinites are in there. I haven't been following closely, but Vanessa has one.Yeah, she has Rick's... I don't know if it works on everyone though.

Rade K
12-02-2005, 10:24 AM
but cmon snkp, we need a new NEW game. dousnt have to be a new franchise, just give us something to look forward to.

Tell me about it. What's up with the lack of fighters these days? I am completely sick of KOF.

Put out a graphical showcase game, something new, state of the 2D art.

milton
12-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Rade Kuruc you should go fuck up with another company, snk is just giving us what we want and is kof. :angry:

Rade K
12-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Rade Kuruc you should go fuck up with another company, snk is just giving us what we want and is kof. :angry:

As much as like KOF, I'm going to have to beat the dead horse and ask SNK to either start from scratch, or shelf the series entirely.

If they keep on doing this, they are going to wear out the brand. KOF doesnt mean (to me) what it meant in 98, 99.

I want to know if there is an talent left in that company. I want to see fresh...not heavily recycled sequels.

newhere
12-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Musolıni's post

Hold on a minute i think you're exaggerating a little bit. The graphics look good enough even from videos. And theres lots of old characters redrawn and i think their sprites look really great (jyazu, silber and gai hayate duck king all looks great to me).
And Dont forget Oswald, Elizabeth and Momoko even if you dont love them you cant say theyre not well-drawn and well-animated. Also Shen got new animations which are great visually.
However I know what you mean but dont expect radical graphic changes or a "new"game, 'till a new saga or dreammatch. Kof XI looks great so far.

----
About colors I know some looks awful but some looks real great. (Lemon Clark, Strawberry Vanessa and Ice Kula are awesome. though most zombie colors, black haired Oswald, and all-the-same-outfit-color Elizabeth sucks).

krakov
12-03-2005, 08:42 AM
spam

Get off my high horse? :spock:
If you bother to look around these boards youŽll find my point. I've been visiting this board more or less every day for many years. Not anymore though, and it's not hard to see why.

I'm very hyped for the upcoming titles myself. The impressions posted here are my source for even visiting and highly appreciated. But it's really not worth going through 10 pages of whine and spam from people who haven't even seen a video of the game in question.

And what's the big problem with some people not liking the game?

Well, for starters, they haven't even played it.

Evil Wasabi
12-03-2005, 04:19 PM

:rolleyes: what we want is something new. Not something old with a new pricetag.

OrochiEddie
12-03-2005, 04:30 PM
game looks solid I can't wait for a console release which will be quite some time

hanafuda
12-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Why is it nearly always that most of the people that moan and complain about the games are ones that haven't even played them?

The KOF 'formula' has worked for more than 10 years, and there are no signs of that changing.

Saturn2dfreak
12-03-2005, 06:31 PM
just got done playing this game..it kicks ass

Saturn2dfreak
12-04-2005, 02:24 PM
cool beans

Dark_Geese
12-04-2005, 05:33 PM
The Vanessa infinite for what I've figured out is on Shen only based on what I've heard or extremely hard to do in reality.

Also what we've figured out is SNK put the Saving Shift or whatever to stop infinites..thats all it takes to break these things in this game.

Frankfurt
12-05-2005, 07:32 PM
The music in KOFXI is the best in a KOF since 2000.

Period.

Infinites are in there. I haven't been following closely, but Vanessa has one.

The juggling issues on the corner are only on Shen Woo, very hard to do and absolutelly useless in an actual match. Angel's infinites were way easier to do, and guess what? Nobody bothered, and even when they did, it didn't make Angel any stronger or broken.

HellioN
12-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Call me when the next Fatal Fury game comes out.

VGUG.COM
12-05-2005, 09:44 PM
fuggin A saweeeeet

hermegildo
12-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Arcadia scans with artwork of some of the mid-bosses + other stuff.

http://neo-arcadia.com/News/voir_news.php?action=voirtout

Shito
12-06-2005, 02:18 AM
The music in KOFXI is the best in a KOF since 2000.

Period.

Woah, kinda like winning at the special olympics, right? :kekeke:

Amano Jacu
12-29-2005, 03:52 AM
:eye:

Could you PLEASE stop spamming this board? Thanks.