newhere

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Trailer:2005 November 25th (gold) -
1st story* 2005 December 2nd (gold) -
2nd story* 2006 January 6th (gold) -
3rd story* 2006 February 3rd (gold) -
4th story* 2006 March 3rd (gold) -

This are for the Show Time
The other channels Gyao, Kids Channel and Animax.
Look snkplaymore.jp for more info.

Note: There's some kind of pdf file (kinda trailer or some screenshots) but I couldnt able to open it.

NO STYLE DM

NEST Puppet
Thanks for the info, December 2nd aint far at all, thats awesome..
is it only four stories, or is there gonna be more afterwards?

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
Its just 4 stories. No indication that there's going to be more episodes.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
Its just 4 stories. No indication that there's going to be more episodes.

If it turns out popular then maybe they will make more eps! :)

newhere

Kuroko's Training Dummy
lachlan said:
If it turns out popular then maybe they will make more eps! :)

Its a possibility. But I hope they use another story out of KOF MI. Then it would be perfect.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
newhere said:
Its a possibility. But I hope they use another story out of KOF MI. Then it would be perfect.

I reckon they should have done each story from the KOF series in an Anime.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
well, either way, here's hoping it's at least good action-wise...seeing as KOF never had too much of a story anyways.

btw, i dont know if there was a DL link to it or if its been released...but does anyone know where i can get that song from the KOF Another Day trailer...it's cought in my head and i cant get it out until i have an Mp3 of the full song.
i dont know if it was posted in the other thread, if it was, sry in advance, as well as thanks in advance ^__^ i really want that song.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
newhere said:
You're kidding, right?

im not saying it DIDN'T have a story at all...im just saying the stories were a little convoluted here and there...other than that, i still enjoy said stories...it's all good.

i mean, if it didnt have a good story, then why would anyone go as far to make an animation from it....so obviously it has a good enough story to go with anways.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
enomosiki said:
Dammit! At the bottom of that timetable, there seems to be an indication that the movie theater Shinjuku Piccadily 1 will be hosting a special KOF Event on 12/23/05, during which all 4 episodes will be screened. Dammit, again! That's just 4 days before I'd planned to arrive in Japan for my New Year's vacation! :very_ang: :( :mad: Ah, well -- maybe I can catch the Showtime Japan broadcast of ep.2 on 1/6/06.

--Chris

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So did anyone manage to download the first episode? Hook it up.

EDIT: found a link on another thread. If anyone fansubs this, let me know and link it up.

Last edited:

E=MC2

was it just me or did it seem like iori couldnt call forth his flames. is this like after the story of kof11. that green flame iori was walking to looked like it belonged to ash. guese hes searching for ash or whatever. didnt really get the story, my understanding of japanese is very little. the fight was pretty well done for an anime. too bad its soo damn short, what was that, 5 miutes?? 9 minutes with end credits. credits almost took as long as the damn anime itselfe. lets see how terry, kyo, ash & K will fight like.

H

hermegildo

I just saw this myself.

Yes, it was really short and yes, I'm still disappointed that the lame MI cast is the focus of the series, but it was a real fucking treat to see Iori fighting like that. Very true to how he moves in the game and pretty nicely animated. If they put this stuff out on DVD I'll buy it no doubt, even if it does end up lasting no more than one full episode in total.

And yeah, I think the series takes from the story in XI (no flame Iori) as well as tying it into MI2. If someone stumbles upon subs for this I'd be really grateful.

These are the links to the streaming files in case anyone has trouble finding them (I did):

500K:
mms://dca.showtime.jp/stream/animation/20051202/e15vid202800100110731_0500.asf

2000K:
mms://dca.showtime.jp/stream/animation/20051202/e15vid202800100110731_2000.asf

You can download the video into your hard drive with NetTransport or a similar program.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
There's almost no story to translate anyway.

Irori is tracking a green light, which must be Ash. Soiree goes to help with the fire, even though his gang buddies want to run away; he says they have to protect their town (it's really hard to believe these small time losers are part of the gang that now runs Southtown; is this cartoon before the first Max Impact, too? It would explain his not having met the other characters before). Mai decides to help. Athena, on her way to a concert or something, gets a psychic flash of the orphan in trouble and decides to help. Soiree fights Iori for pushing the kid. Iori forgets for a second he has no flames. They fight in a church which collapses. Soiree digs around until morning trying to dig up Iori, while Athena and Mai just watch. Mai says he shouldn't worry, that one is definitely fine and got away, but Soiree keeps digging. Athena remembers her missed appointment or whatever and leaves. Mai gets bored and decides to go home. Alba comes back.

It was fun to watch, and the animation was the best on any SNK franchise so far. But it's no Of Mice and Men or anything in the story department. And yeah, it's only 9 minutes with about a minute of credits, and some Max Impact plot synopsis thing at the very end (if someone wants to translate that...).

H

hermegildo

It's not that the story is hard to follow, but it'd be nice to know what the hell it is they're saying, even if it is non-sensical stuff.

I was wondering if they used all of the game's voice actors for this though. Iori definitely sounded the same.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
It's not that the story is hard to follow, but it'd be nice to know what the hell it is they're saying, even if it is non-sensical stuff.

I was wondering if they used all of the game's voice actors for this though. Iori definitely sounded the same.
That's the thing, they don't really say much of anything. Alba to the kid: "It's dangerous to be out here alone." Mai to Soire: "I told you, that one is definitely okay." Soiree to Alba: "I'm glad everyone is okay...". All the dialogue is extremely superficial (which I can tell by how much of it I can understand), and they never discuss anything really story-related.

The voice actors are the same, at least for Mai, Iori, and Athena (her '98-present voice). I don't know about Alba and Soiree, but I'd assume.

H

hermegildo

SouthtownKid said:
That's the thing, they don't really say much of anything. Alba to the kid: "It's dangerous to be out here alone." Mai to Soire: "I told you, that one is definitely okay." Soiree to Alba: "I'm glad everyone is okay...". All the dialogue is extremely superficial (which I can tell by how much of it I can understand), and they never discuss anything really story-related.
Dude, you obviously understand at least some of what they're saying so it doesn't matter to you either way. I, on the other hand, have absolutely no idea of what's being said in the short and, even if the dialogue is superficial, I do think I'm missing part of the animation. I don't know why Mai and Athena left, I don't know what the exchange between Alba and Soiree was in the beginning, I don't know who those two guys next to Soiree were, etc, etc, etc.

I'm not expecting Oscar-worthy dialogue or a big, epic reveal here, I just want to know what the hell it is they're saying, that's all.

And on that note, I found an .srt file in mmcafe:

http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/syochan/570627.srt

Can't get it to play with my ASF file right now, but I'm working on it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
Dude, you obviously understand at least some of what they're saying so it doesn't matter to you either way. I, on the other hand, have absolutely no idea of what's being said in the short and, even if the dialogue is superficial, I do think I'm missing part of the animation. I don't know why Mai and Athena left,
Athena remembers she missed her concert. All Mai says is she guesses she'll go home, too; I guess out of boredom.
hermegildo said:
I don't know what the exchange between Alba and Soiree was in the beginning
Alba says he's leaving Soiree in charge; he'll be back by morning.
hermegildo said:
I don't know who those two guys next to Soiree were, etc, etc, etc.
Gang underlings, I guess. When they get to the fire, one exclaims in a panic, "We should escape, quickly!" (the expression on the guy standing beside this guy when he says it is priceless; these are the two most pussified gang members I've ever heard of). But Soiree thinks back to Alba leaving him in charge, and says they must protect the town. Of course, instead of helping people get clear of the fire, he then spends most of his time fighting Iori for pushing the kid.

Which is not to say I didn't enjoy it; I enjoyed it a lot. And I do understand how you feel. Hell, I'd like a subtitled version, because I know there's stuff I didn't get. But probably not a lot more. I thought the animation was great, I just had been hoping for a little more story content. I don't know, maybe the 4 episodes will tie together in the end to make something a little more meaningful.

H

hermegildo

Well, I read somewhere (here?) that the four shorts basically take place within the same time period but focuses on what different characters are doing at the time. By looking at that trailer from a while ago, it'd definitely make sense because some of the stuff that we see in this first short (the crane, the fire) appear in scenes with different characters. Plus the series is called 'Another Day', so it's logical to assume that, at the very least, all of the events in these shorts occur within 24 hours.

It won't make the story any better, but it certainly makes it a bit more interesting. As I said, I'm not expecting a big story, I just want to see these characters reproduced faithfully and this first episode delivered that in full.

I mean, how much story can you tell in 30-40 minutes?

That goes double considering the amount of characters in the game.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah, it was entertaining. if nothing else, I really enjoyed Iori not having his flames and getting his ass kicked by the flamboyantly gay cowboy. That's been a long time coming.

E=MC2

When did Iori get his ass kicked the cowboy dude didnt even got 1 hit on him Iori blocked everything.

H

hermegildo

At the risk of turning this into a 'my dad can beat your dad' thing, I wouldn't say Soiree owned Iori either. He pretty much got his ass kicked.