U.S. rca or S cable adaptor for German TV

V

venmous

I'm a newb that has come to this site because I have a particular tech question and I think you all will have the answer. I appreciate any comments.

1. I want to hook my PS2 up to the TV while I'm in Mannheim, Germany on business. I've tried before, but found the inputs were not compatible with the German TV in the hotel room. Is there an adaptor to fix this problem ?

2. If yes, where can I purchase?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Don't all European TV's have a SCART A/V port?, if so you'll need to buy a European SCART A/V cable for the system that youintend on using in Europe.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
I don't get your problem, you need a scart or an RGB cable.

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
Get an RGB cable from any game shop or department store. They should be like $20 or something if you buy a fake one. A real one is like $60 or more so stay away fromk those.

As always when running US equipment in Europe: GET A STEPDOWN ADAPTER!! You will fry your 110V US PS2 if you hook it up to a European 220V outlet! If your system is not modified, you will NOT be able to run European PAL games on it.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
What kind of problem did you have? Hotel TVs are usually very cheap ones so they might not be compatible with NTSC/60 hz image, so you would need a NTSC->PAL convertor. If the TV lacks the A/V or s-video port, and only has a scart connector, you can try a very cheap scart adaptor.
And yes, remember to use a stepdown adaptor with US consoles in Europe.