Having problems with sound in stereo on MVS in astro cab.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hey,
I decided to take off the front of my astro cab to clean the monitor on the sides and I came across the speaker cable, there was two cables soldered off of the signal and ground wires of the right speaker that went into the Mono JAMMA harness signal and ground wires, therefor I got mono sound through my right speaker.

I cut and stripped part of the two wires and then connected the speaker plug from the speakers to the Sound Out plug coming from the audio amp and then connected the Sound In plug to the CN2 speaker connector on my MVS board and I got stereo sound.

The problem is that even though it's connected via stereo sound the left speaker is extremely quiet while the right speaker is very loud.
When the mono/stereo switch on the board is turned to stereo, the sound crackles when the characters attack in-game and some of the sound crackles, now when the switch is on mono this sound crackling doesn't occour at all.

Why is the left speaker so quiet and why do I get crackled sound when playing games when the sound switch is set to stereo?

I've found out how to pull stereo from my cab and mono with the connecitng of wires from the JAMMA harness so now i'm wondering why is the left speaker so quiet?

any help is appreciated! :)