PS2 The King of Fighters: Orochi Hen.

Recap

Zero's Secretary
Already announced for February (though you never know with SNK-P), but the game cover has just been unveiled:

img10071788748.jpeg

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/edigi-game/407195/661537/

-

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Interesing how some of the people are less finished. Kyo, Iori , Orochi and Chizuru look fully rendered, Yashiro looks like simple colored off pencils, and Shermie looks like a concept sketch done while playing around with the rough layout (look how rough her hair is slapped on). If that's that's meant to be actual finished piece, it takes a special kind of balls. I don't even know who that's supposed to be in the back. Goenitz? Geese?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Interesing how some of the people are less finished. Kyo, Iori , Orochi and Chizuru look fully rendered, Yashiro looks like simple colored off pencils, and Shermie looks like a concept sketch done while playing around with the rough layout (look how rough her hair is slapped on). If that's that's meant to be actual finished piece, it takes a special kind of balls. I don't even know who that's supposed to be in the back. Goenitz? Geese?

I wouldn't say Goenitz, he has a different hair style.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
lachlan said:
I wouldn't say Goenitz, he has a different hair style.
I wouldn't either, except I can't think why he wouldn't be on the cover, I can't think who else they would put on the cover, and it maybe looks like he's got a little peach fuzz on his chin, unless it's just sloppiness in the penciling. Just looks like Hiroaki ran out of time.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
No anime KoF2k1-style monsters so far...

Thank god for that.

Guys, if you're into KoF and don't have the games already, this is a must buy! :)

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
What does that volume 3 logo in the bottom right hand corner mean...?

Kap

New Challenger
It's probably Yamazaki in the back. You can see the line that separates his blonde dyed part with the darker part of his hair.

Anyway, this cover is shit. I like the dark red, fits with the mood of the game (97), but Shermie and Yashiro look too much out of place and Yamazaki(?) being in the background as simple pencil lines is just plain lazy. If only Shinkiro was with SNKP, his art would be the best choice for this.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Aaron D said:
Volume 3 of the online collection. Volume 1 was Mark of the Wolves. I forget what volume 2 was. Maybe the Last Blade collection that hasn't come out yet.

Unless volume 1 was '94 Rebout, and 2 was MotW. I forget.

edit:
Kap said:
It's probably Yamazaki in the back. You can see the line that separates his blonde dyed part with the darker part of his hair.
it's a sad fucking state of affairs when people on a site dedicated to Neo Geo games can't tell for sure who a character on a cover is supposed to be. It means the cover doesn't work; at least that part of it. But I don't think that's Yamazaki...he's too minor a character overall. It has to be Geonitz, whether it looks like him or not. It's the only character that makes sense, and on an Orochi collection game, he would be a major omission from the cover if it isn't him.

Last edited:

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
Aaron D said:
i THINK it has to do the with Neo Geo Collection. First was KoF 94: ReBout, then The Last Blade collection coming out soon & with this being the 3rd Neo Geo Collection, it got numbered 3.
Ah the good old days of KoF 97 shall be re-lived once more!
...and that is THE wierdest cover I've ever seen! ...and why is Hiraoki doing the covers, GET NONA TO DO IT!

Recap

Zero's Secretary
Re-Bout is not part of the NG Online Collection. That includes only direct ports.

Vol 1: Garou
Vol 2: Gekka no Kenshi 1 - 2
Vol 3: Orochi Hen

Temptatively:

Vol 4: Garou Densetsu Pack
Vol 5: Nests Hen
Vol 6: Ten Chi Jin
Vol 7: World Heroes Pack

-

Kap

New Challenger
I'm so ashamed of myself. Sorry. =[

It's Geese. Yamazaki and Goenitz don't have a collar like that, Goenitz has a beard and his hair isn't slick like on the cover (don't know how else to describe it).

I've seen covers with worse art, but could easily tell who was who. =|

newhere

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Its absolutely Goenitz. Southtownkid says hes important to be there and I notice his clothes Geese never wear smthng like that.

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
Recap said:
Re-Bout is not part of the NG Online Collection. That includes only direct ports.

Vol 1: Garou
Vol 2: Gekka no Kenshi 1 - 2
Vol 3: Orochi Hen

Temptatively:

Vol 4: Garou Densetsu Pack
Vol 5: Nests Hen
Vol 6: Ten Chi Jin
Vol 7: World Heroes Pack
-

What's Ten Chi Jin?

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
I like it... and I KNOW it's not finished, there's no way a Japanese company would release a game with such and unfinished image illustration. I'm sure it's just a preview (or I hope :crying: ). Hurry Hiroaki...

But then again, I was sure Sam. Sho. Zero Spec. would be released on the PS2, and that never happened. Still, it's extremely rare when a Jp company does things out of sequence... Must be financially motivated.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
KRONOS said:
I like it... and I KNOW it's not finished, there's no way a Japanese company would release a game with such and unfinished image illustration. I'm sure it's just a preview (or I hope :crying: ). Hurry Hiroaki...
Heh heh... sorry to break it to you, but the fact that they've already got all the trade dress on it and everything, suggests that this probably is the actual final version. But even if this is the finished piece, I do still like it more than the PS2 MotW cover, which although more finished, I really thought was a chunk of shit.

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
Sorry, can't edit :rolleyes:
Is it me or does Chizuru look like Elisabeth? It's like Hiraoki took Elisabeth's artwork and changed a few stuff in it...or it could be how draws the chicks.

Recap

Zero's Secretary
Freeman-12 said:
aH thanks, and the literall translation fo TenChiJin would be...

"Heaven-Earth-Man". I speculated about that 3-kanji subtitle hinting a 3-game compilation, so all the three games in the series would be there. Otherwise, that subtitle is a biy nonsensical. Then again, my speculation.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
They really really really need to hire a new logo / cover designer.

The art is fine, but the clutter of ugly logos and fonts just makes it look like crap.

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
guys its geese you jackasses! :kekeke:

they arrent gonna pretty up the game like 94? :oh_no: