SNK Playmore hires NC Soft to make MMORPGs

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
On November 10th, SNK Playmore and NC Soft, a Korean gaming publisher, agreed on a contract that will allow NC Soft to publish MMORPGs for SNK Playmore. No, this isn't about licensing. SNK Playmore HIRED the NC Soft, responsible for creating City of Heroes, Lineage, and Guild Wars, to create MMORPGs of their franchises for them.

A similar concept has been tried by MEGA Enterprise, another Korean gaming publisher and distributer, with little success. To name one is The King of Fighters Online.

There are few evidences that The King of Fighters, Samurai Spirits, and Metal Slug franchises will be published by NC Soft as MMORPGs.

More info @ watch.impress.co.jp and SNK Playmore's press release page.

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
Hmmmmmmmmmmm......................................I would've prefered a normal RPG starring SNK's characters if u ask me.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
That could be interesting... though if there is a release of a SNK character based MMORPG in the US you can expect the Neostore to be shut down for at least a few months while Shawn attains the rank of lvl 60 Ninja... :D

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Orochi Iori Y said:
That could be interesting... though if there is a release of a SNK character based MMORPG in the US you can expect the Neostore to be shut down for at least a few months while Shawn attains the rank of lvl 60 Ninja... :D
Imagine the shame of getting killed by a level 60 metro.

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
A Samurai Shodown MMORPG could be cool. Are there any MMORPGs based in medieval Japan?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would be cool if they just made something completely new using the same deep character design as SNK games are known for. And make the game kind of like Ragnarok Online...

It would be pretty cool. I would be in a band of bandits with neobuyer and we'd go around sacrificing children and using stolen gold to erect satanic temples.

Wurl

n00b
You grow to hate Ragnarok at some point because "liekomgtehserveriswiped!letsmakeacrapnewserver!omgmindfuck!newserver!"
But yes, it is fun and I like the sprites, which I hope SNK goes with.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Orochi Iori Y said:
Ouch... :chimp: :chimp:

But even a Bao beating would be tame compared to a "Garden Of Love" attack from a Level 60 Rasputin. :D

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
My friend found a rumor (didn't provide site) that there'll be a SamSho MMORPG.................just don't start spreading it yet remember it's a rumor.
Now if this is true I gotta start thinking of my design, Setsuna sounds cool, Kenpachi sounds badass............................
Or even worse, Lvl. 61 K9999

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
Am I the only one who read this topic as “SNK Playmore hi-rez”? Damn this forum and its erosion of my lexicon...

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
im thinkin' metal slug guerilla/military type MMORPG, form clans, create you own character (SD style), level up guns etc..etc. throw in Ikari warriors too..

KOSBRAVESHIYUU

Mr. Big's Thug
with snk MMORPG'S like let's say if they make KOF rpg...would u create your own character or do u think u will have to use a familiar KOF character.

dbarrett0928

Banned
snk rpg

I would love for an snk rpg to come out...not a mmorpg but just an rpg final fantasy 8 style yet 2d like a king of fighters game

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
Whatever series they decide to base it on, I'll only play it if it's good. If it is like WoW in any way, hurray!

High res 2d sprites? I hope...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Crystallis..

All other SNK franchizes would be ass as an MMORPG.

Dark_Geese

Morden's Lackey
About the Sam Shodown MMORPG thing you guys do know that they are making some 3d sam show AFTER SST right?

soapy_jack23

Crazed MVS Addict
These guys are responsible for guild wars which is a highly successful game so I have my hopes high. But what platform are they aiming for? I bet you it would be pc and maybe the 360. I wonder if it would be kinda like how huxley (fps style mmo) is being made but with metal slug style stuff? Or maybe just a fighting game with rpg elements. Seems kinda hard to come up with idea's for this.

I wish them good luck and all but I do wonder why they would go down this path considering the vast majority of mmo gamers like the whole fantasy setting and snk is traditionly more action oreantaited.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Reiko said:
A Samurai Shodown MMORPG could be cool.
This would be the release that finally claims me as a victim to the MMORPG syndrome...

I'm already imagining what types of classes could be used:

Bandit, Ninja, Shogunate Spy, Prosian Knight, Green Hell Warrior, etc

say what you will but I'd be all over this one...I love the NEOCD SSRPG, so I'd gladly take anything else that goes in that direction
:drool_2: