multijamma

JayL

Cheng's Errand Boy
How easy it is to install it ?
Does anyone have multijamma running in their cabs ?
I want to run cps2/pgm and neo in one cab and naomi with atomiswave in the other. Does this sound like doable setup ?
Regards,
JL

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
JayL said:
How easy it is to install it ?
Does anyone have multijamma running in their cabs ?
I want to run cps2/pgm and neo in one cab and naomi with atomiswave in the other. Does this sound like doable setup ?
Regards,
JL

are you going to put cps2, pgm, and neo? or only 2 per cab? are you looking to get stereo sound from any of it?

Mike's arcade dual boards are good. I have three cabs setup with them.

JayL

Cheng's Errand Boy
yeah, I saw it, but with multijamma you can plug about 8 different things, as I understand, my concern was power requirements mostly, but yes I guess it would of been nice to get stereo out

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
NGT said:
are you going to put cps2, pgm, and neo? or only 2 per cab? are you looking to get stereo sound from any of it?

Mike's arcade dual boards are good. I have three cabs setup with them.
Can you post a link to Mike's dual boards. I tried looking on the site, but I didn't see anything.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
...is it really that hard to change a mobo .....it's $129.99 :eek:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
racecar said:
...is it really that hard to change a mobo .....it's $129.99 :eek:

IMO, it depends what type of setup you have. It's totally worth it for my naomi and 4 slot dual setup because of them both running in stereo and the naomi amp, extra psu, and volume pot....and all of the 4 slot cables being set up...like mem cables, seperate headphone setup, and pause stuff. There's so much in that cab it's crazy! But, it's so nice to be able to play both in one cab without having to unhook all the 4 slot stuff everytime I want to play naomi stuff and the naomi stereo setup would suck to have to take out.

The STV and CPS2 stuff is in a back loading cab and I would have to pull it away from the wall, move stuff aside, and unscrew the back wood panel everytime I wanted to change the board. Now I have them both setup with working kick harnesses and I can swap the stv cart from the coin door....so it saves tons of work.

As for the 4 slot and hyper 64 setup....well, I am still working on getting that one fully setup becasue of space reasons.

I can't see how you could even fit 8 games in one cab,lol.

Yeah, it is a lot of money, but I think there are some setups where it's the only way to make it possible to setup because it takes so long to hook up and un-hook. The naomi/neo setup in stereo is definitely one of them. The others I guess I could get around, but it's kinda cool to have anyways :) Eventually they will be in all 4 of my cabs.....hopefully.

JayL

Cheng's Errand Boy
well,
with http://www.multigame.com/jamma.html multijamma,
you can just connect spare pcb's, I personally woulld love to have Mortal kombat, killer instinct, fallen angels, spectrum vs generation in one cab, it doesn't take that much space, provided you have place for each one

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
A long time ago, I used to own a multijamma setup. I actually had 8 games running inside a Capcom Impress. 5 of them were CPS-2 games! My main problem with it was power consumption. I was running a 300 watt power supply for every 4 games. So, that's already 600 watts for the 8 games. Then add to the fact that the monitor was running on a 250 watt power supply. And you can see that it totaled 850 watts every time I used it. It made my electricity bill jump quite high. So in the end, I just sold the whole thing. But it was nice having 8 different games at your fingertips, without having to wait for it to power up or switching them.

Just imagine EIGHT 6 slots (not that they would be able to fit, but one can dream). :kekeke:

JayL

Cheng's Errand Boy
yeah, I guess you are right, 8 might be a bit to much, I would be fine if I can get pgm, cps2, atomiswave, naomi and neo running at the same time :buttrock:

JayL

Cheng's Errand Boy
300wins, I think I'm going to order it, how easy was it to set it up ?

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Setting it up is pretty easy. And if you need help, the creator, Clay is very helpful.
Just remember that you will need to have a select button, like the Neo somewhere so that you can switch between games.

JayL

Cheng's Errand Boy
yeah, I'm still thinking about it. I tried to orginize some space in my cab with some kind of rack, I'm not sure that I will fit everything in, that I wanted to.
My wife is always bitching how much space my stuff takes, and how I like to cloter the house, so I though to get it down to 2-3 cabs :oh_no:
Well, I guess I might consider just getting Mike's arcade dual boards and run 2 cabinets, one with neo/pgm setup and another with naomi/atomiswave mabe get another cab to run spare pcb boards.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Doing the way you want with Mike's dual board is going to be expensive since you want 2. But good luck on whatever you plan to do.

JayL

Cheng's Errand Boy
thanks, it is a bit pricey , but it is cheaper than having 2 different cabs :p

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
JayL said:
well,
with http://www.multigame.com/jamma.html multijamma,
you can just connect spare pcb's, I personally woulld love to have Mortal kombat, killer instinct, fallen angels, spectrum vs generation in one cab, it doesn't take that much space, provided you have place for each one

That's a lot of kick harnesses, lol....you can get around Fallen Angels with this:

Dscn6040.jpg

Dscn6045.jpg

Dscn6104.jpg

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
That is pretty pricey indeed. i can understand for six slots but for regular pcbs that is just silly.