New Atomiswave based forum!

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
First of all, let me say this is not my site and it is not meant to take away from the already existing forums that discuss Atomiswave (this one, sega-naomi.com, etc.). It is brand new and there isn't much there yet, but hopeully it grows just as this and sega-naomi has. You can check it out at atomiswave.org or CLICK THIS!

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I just registered. May I know who is behind this great idea, if it's a somehow known person?

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Amano Jacu said:
I just registered. May I know who is behind this great idea, if it's a somehow known person?

I don't know who it is, and he didn't seem like a member of neo-geo.com, shmups.com, digitpress.com, or sega-naomi.com.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
lol they make u a mod and you dont know who is behind it :P

i just signed up to give it a go :)

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I thought there was another AW forum a while back, boog was a member?

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Lee Gray said:
lol they make u a mod and you dont know who is behind it :P

i just signed up to give it a go :)

Hmmmm.... yes. Good point! We talked about the forum and the AW so we both are on the same page. I just don't actually know anything about him outside the forum. Thanks for making me feel akward, Lee Gray! Just kidding! :D

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
loopyeddie said:
Hmmmm.... yes. Good point! We talked about the forum and the AW so we both are on the same page. I just don't actually know anything about him outside the forum. Thanks for making me feel akward, Lee Gray! Just kidding! :D
seems like a great site thus far with nice friendly mods :)

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Nice layout but I'm not too crazy about the color scheme in the posting area. I prefer black background. Looking forward to seeing some comprehensive info for every title available for this system SNK-P chose as it's new vehicle.
-BB

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Good to see al the new members. Now as long as the AW doesn't go belly-up, we'll be just fine.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably be getting an atomiswave in the near future so I can play the next Metal Slug. I just fear how much it is going to cost when it comes out though...

I agree with bigbear too. There isn't really a good resource like neo-geo.com for Atomiswave stuff, hopefully the new site can compile all of the info into one place.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I got an e-mail about this...

For some reason, I thnk that Japhei is behind this site.

Dark_Geese

Morden's Lackey
The sad thing however is that just as soon as SNK got on the AW bandwagon they are getting off of it because Sammy is deserting the AW board. Is that good or bad? Its like just as fast SNK is gonna upgrade which explains why the games (NGBC,KOF NW, SST) are hitting consoles FAST..because they are already moving onto the next level.

Josh

Banned
norton9478 said:
I got an e-mail about this...

For some reason, I thnk that Japhei is behind this site.
That would be a big negative on that one Scott. :kekeke:

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Dark_Geese said:
The sad thing however is that just as soon as SNK got on the AW bandwagon they are getting off of it because Sammy is deserting the AW board. Is that good or bad? Its like just as fast SNK is gonna upgrade which explains why the games (NGBC,KOF NW, SST) are hitting consoles FAST..because they are already moving onto the next level.
Is that just a guess or is that known fact right now? if they move what would they be moveing to? i thought i wanted to get an AW pretty soon but maybe not? thanks

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
goingmerry said:
Is that just a guess or is that known fact right now? if they move what would they be moveing to? i thought i wanted to get an AW pretty soon but maybe not? thanks
If you had your mind set on getting an AW go for it. Don't let speculation change that. I mean they do have some pretty good games out. Let alone that's the only system you can find SNKP goodness as far as arcade hardware goes unless you want to get the ports when they come out.

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
^^yeah i think i will do that, i mean they did stay with the mvs for a very very long time so they might do they same for atomiswave?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
No need to go to another forum just fo AW stuff, when you can get most
answers here.

Regarding the actual harware, with loading times, they either need to dish it,
get a new one, or go back to MVS. Arcade games are no suppose to have any
loading times. :shame:

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
xtoo_short20x said:
Regarding the actual harware, with loading times, they either need to dish it,
get a new one, or go back to MVS. Arcade games are no suppose to have any
loading times. :shame:
wow...the AW has loading times? is that a joke? that is very discouraging.