Problems with BUTTONS of your Old Style Stick? READ THIS before de-soldering !!! ;)

yami

Mr. Big's Thug
Ciao,

I've just discovered something "stupid" but that maybe could be useful for people that are having problems with non-working-propely buttons of the good Old Style Sticks, and I decided to write a topic about it.

So, let's start from begin, and please excuse me for my terrible English ("All your base is to belong to us !!!")

The "A" button of my Old Style Stick was practically dead. Today I finally had the time to try to solve the problem, and these were my "incredible" results. Playing a bit, I've discovered that if I pressed the button "normally" (at the center) it didn't work, but if I pressed the button at the upper side of it, it worked a bit. So I opened the stick and I've noticed that if I was keeping a bit pressed the green circuit-board on the upper-left angle against the button unit, the button worked propely !!!

So I've placed a very very slim metallic plate BETWEEN the black little cube where there are the switches (under the button) AND the circuit board, but AT THE OPPOSITE of the direction that previoulsy I kept pressed and...

NOW IT WORKS P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y AS THE OTHERS !!! :eek: :chimp: :buttrock: :chimp:

NO de-soldering. NO changing buttons. NOT buying a new controller.

I'm a genius !!! :kekeke: :cool:

Seriously, hope to be useful, bye! :)