Cotton Appreciation Thread

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Where is the love, Peoples? Panorama Cotton Baby! I admit, Rainbow Cotton on the DC would be so much better with tighter controls, and no auto-resetting of the stick. Ah well, Im mostly wanting to hear your impressions of Panorama, and its amazing variety, soundtrack, and graphics.

Word!

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Cotton 2 on the SS is better, The music is great!!! :chimp:

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Ma fav's Marchen Adventure Cotton 100% on SFC, then Cotton Boomerang/2 on saturn. Love the SFC one.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I've only played the Duo one. It's pretty cool, but expensive.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I have a few of the Cotton series. Definitely fun and funny games. I never really considered them the best shooters, but they were unique.

I also do have Rainbow Cotton and while the autoresetting controls take a little bit to get used to, I did it. Not to mention, Rainbow Cotton has some of the most unusual and unforgettable bosses. I'll never forget the *disturbed* fairy I had to fight. And what a fight it was.

What makes it so disturbing is that this fairy is going around singing all happily, and bopping around with her love, love, happy, happy ways. Bringing flowers and all. Yeah, that sounds stereo-typical fairy like, right? Wrong, because while she's doing this, she uses this to conjure up all kinds of military ordinance to DESTROY YOU. It's just then, when you find out WHY this is happening. You see, she's a fairy and yes she's sadistical and wants to kill you, BUT the ONLY way she can make her attacks are in delightful fairy ways. She has to LA, LA, LA, and do Happy things in order to do any magic. Even ones meant to harm. That just struck me speechless, when I saw that.

Also, another cool aspect in Rainbow Cotton (as you progress, in the game) is what happens as you get more fairies to fly around you. They actually converse with each other, and the more fairies you get, the more dialogue you hear go between them. Eventually, you'll be flying with a bunch of them and you'll be treated to various fairy conversations as everything else is going on. A pretty interesting touch, I'll say the least.

I have Cotton also for the NGPC. It's also is the game that makes the BEST use of the NGPC rumble Pack NYKO made. It's the only time I use it, actually, but playing Cotton NGPC with rumble is a very cool experience. They coded the audio to work perfectly to activate the attachment, with the right intensity and for all the right things.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Weevus said:
I've only played the Duo one. It's pretty cool, but expensive.
Expensive what?? Not realy unless it's the, U.S version it can be still the JPN version is dirt cheap.

Btw i have the... JPN version wich was cheap for me to get :D

Any ways my favorite cottons in this order.

1st Cotton Boomerang
2nd Cotton Two
3rd Cotton

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I have Cotton 2 on the SS and it is a very cute! and a very fun! shooter game. :D :cool:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I tohught Cotton for the Duo sucked ass. Waste of my money. Panorama Cotton I also don't like. I really like the saturn ones though.

barf

Maxima's Barber
I don t know what was the name, but i rented cotton on snes back in the days and loved it, specialy the graveyard level with the ghost umbrelas :)

barf

Maxima's Barber
beh3moth said:
hmmm sounds like parodius.........

Verry possible, my memory must have mixed them up... i should try playing these games again in a near future :)

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I've played alot of the Cotton games, Boomerang, Rainbow, Panorama etc... I tried to get into them but they just don't do it for me. I just dislike "wacky" shooters in general, same goes for parodius, underneath all the sillyness is a really drab, tired shooter.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Cotton is great. I only have the first one for PC Engine though. The Cotton board at gamefaqs has been taken over by retard christians. It was my mission to spam the shit outta that board for a long time, though the christians proved to be pretty resilient and I have given up... *sigh*

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
moonwhistle said:
I've played alot of the Cotton games, Boomerang, Rainbow, Panorama etc... I tried to get into them but they just don't do it for me. I just dislike "wacky" shooters in general, same goes for parodius, underneath all the sillyness is a really drab, tired shooter.

I disagree. I've only played the first Parodius for PC Engine and that game is awesome. I had sort of the opposite opinion you did. That is, I thought "underneath all this sillyness is a solid shooter."

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Cotton for turbo duo is awesome. I do like "wacky shooters" such as parodius, and star parodia as well. Besides, cotton for turbo duo has great music and is tons of fun to play.

I do have Cotton 2 for the sega saturn as well, but the turbo duo one is still my favorite.

playboycougar

Reese. ,
I have Cotton 2 on STV and it's fun for a while or to play with friends but just not enough action in the first few levels for me. Meh.