i havent played Shikigami no Shiro 2 yet..

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
what am i missing? is it nice, can't really tell from screens, plus, i havent seen any vids yet. i'd say the characters are nicely designed. some people compare it to ESP RaDe (being "flying-people-shmups")...

any suggestions.? im about to purchase this for my DC.

eastyy

Quiz Detective
I have the gamecube version

Its a pretty cool shooter score system works a bit like this

You have two weapons one is your standard rapid fire the other is unique to each character (you also have limited bomb attacks )
When you kill enemies they release coins if you use the standard rapid fire they just fall to the bottom of the screen.If you use your unique weapon they are attracted towards you character.
Now if your main character is close to a enemy or projectile you can get a multipler of up to x8.

Its a good game there is a also a 3 disk appreciate dvd out to

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Nguyen2 said:
It is $10 bucks new @ EB games or Wal-mart

Yes, there's absolutely no reason not to have it! It's my next purchase obviously.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Huge leap from its predecessor, certainly worth the $10. I woulda have gladly paid $30 for it last year if that was its release price.

Really amazing music and incredibly refined bullet patterns, not to mention it's a good deal harder than the original. Definitely worth owning.

Gotta love that hackjob they did on the manual. Who knew XS Games hired chainsmoking monkeys to write manuals for them?

eastyy

Quiz Detective
I bought the LTD edition gamecube version.

I really thought a usa or pal release was unlikely then the ps2 version got released dirt cheap to

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
I got rid of my LTD edition gamecube version (w/cat) and got the superior DC version, it has a lot more options and it plays on VGA :)

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I had both the GC and Xbox versions, sold the CG one cause I like the box version so much.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Fantastic shmup. I have it on PS2 and DC. I like the DC one a bit more.

sammaz

Quiz Detective
DUDE...I run a P4-2.8Ghz inside my NeoCandy 29 cab...its got a 29in vertical screen...and if you didnt know they released Shikigami 1 and 2 on pc!!! so i have my pc boot silently (no windows traces) to mamewah vertical layout...and i use the "game select" button on the cab to load a static 2nd version of mamewah that just launches shiki 1 and 2...I photoshoped a 480x640 image that says "press player 1 for shiki 1", "press player 2 for shiki 2" then i made it so if you press the game select button on the cab again you go back to mame...this way its a completely bulletproof frontend that allows full shikigamibility in seconds !!!

shiki 2 is the best 480x640 shooter ever. :buttrock:

sammaz

Quiz Detective
sorry for the double post but..if you own the console versions you should check out this game on the Pc version because it has 1024x740 mode and much more detail comes out when you see it in hi-res

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
sammaz said:
sorry for the double post but..if you own the console versions you should check out this game on the Pc version because it has 1024x740 mode and much more detail comes out when you see it in hi-res

yeah but.

A: the dc version supports VGA :)
B: Not going to see any hardware related slowdown etc.
C: PC Pads/sticks suck! :kekeke:

sammaz

Quiz Detective
just cleared 210,000,000 on level 1-1...you can really rack up the pts on level 1-1...and with this game you need to play aggressively for the necessary lives to get beyond 5-1...if you play defensively youll never get past 4-1 garunteed