famicom AC adapter question

WGolly

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself
does anyone know the exact specs for a famicom AC adapter (the one for the original red and white system from 1983)? Would a pc enigne adapter work?

help!

thanks!,
matt'

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
Would a NES adapter work? (I have one of those, a toploader...) I think either dinodeedee or decepticreep has one, bug him about it.

WGolly

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself
Lime2K said:
Would a NES adapter work? (I have one of those, a toploader...) I think either dinodeedee or decepticreep has one, bug him about it.

I have the topload nes too, but I dont want to kill this system, so I just want to be sure first. I've already fried a master system using that one.

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
WGolly said:
does anyone know the exact specs for a famicom AC adapter (the one for the original red and white system from 1983)? Would a pc enigne adapter work?

help!

thanks!,
matt'

Hey!

The exact specs for for the Famicom AC Adapter is 10V/850mA, center pole negative. However, it runs fine on everything between 9-12V. Do NOT use a US/Euro NES/SNES adapter to run this system as it will fry immediately. A PC-Engine AC-adapter will probably work fine. Check the amps on it to make sure it is not too weak. Good luck!