Question about capcom kick harness...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Does the GND wire on the buttons in a cab go into the kick harness?
and how do you tell which wire is GND and which one is not as I need to solder pin 25 and the non GND kick harness wire so I can use the D button in Neo games.

Last edited:

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
the ground on the buttons must go to the JAMMA harness (for the Neo setup), and can go to the gound on the kick harness as well (they're both the same ground electronically...). the Kick harness one isn't _required_ unless it's for a 3p/4p control setup (Like D&D: Shadows over Mystara).

What CPS2 game(s) do you have?, just out of curiosity?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Lime2K said:
the ground on the buttons must go to the JAMMA harness (for the Neo setup), and can go to the gound on the kick harness as well (they're both the same ground electronically...). the Kick harness one isn't _required_ unless it's for a 3p/4p control setup (Like D&D: Shadows over Mystara).

What CPS2 game(s) do you have?, just out of curiosity?

I don't have any, what I need to do is add the 4th button to my jamma harness for Neo games.
Line 25 on the jamma harness is already wired so all i need to do is solder.

I have a 6 button setup, the first top 3 go straight into the jamma harness and the bottom 3 go straight into the capcom kick harness...
What I need to know is which wire is GND that goes into the kick harness on my buttons, like how do i tell the difference between the GND cable and the non GND cable?

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
if all you're doing as adding a 4th button, just run a ground from ground on button 3 to ground on button 4. And use quick disconnects, they make life SO MUCH easier. If I wasn't a lazy bastard, I'd show you pics of the CP on my new Dynamo cab.

And to tell ground, check out the lame ascii art

Code:
     ____^_
  ---|     |   <-- normally closed
  ---|_____|   <-- normally open (signal line)
      __|        <-- ground

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Lime2K said:
if all you're doing as adding a 4th button, just run a ground from ground on button 3 to ground on button 4. And use quick disconnects, they make life SO MUCH easier. If I wasn't a lazy bastard, I'd show you pics of the CP on my new Dynamo cab.

And to tell ground, check out the lame ascii art

Code:
     ____^_
  ---|     |   <-- normally closed
  ---|_____|   <-- normally open (signal line)
      __|        <-- ground

There is only 2 pins on my buttons, there is one wire that is white that is on each of the 3 buttons i have and the other pin has a colored wire.

I had a look at my JAMMA harness and it seems all of those white cables become one at the harness at line 28, is this ground?

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
lachlan said:
There is only 2 pins on my buttons, there is one wire that is white that is on each of the 3 buttons i have and the other pin has a colored wire.

I had a look at my JAMMA harness and it seems all of those white cables become one at the harness at line 28, is this ground?

Maybe someone cut off the NC connection on the switches. Anyway, pin 28 on the JAMMA harness is one of your grounds. (white for ground? WTF?)

Is there any way you can post a pic of one of your freakish microswitches, just for curiosity's sake? I've never seen one of that type.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Here is a picture of the underside of my control panel, the microswitches have 2 pins, not 3.
So all I need to do is connect a ground wire from button 3 to button 4 and connect wire 25 to the signal pin and ive got my 4th button working?

http://web.aanet.com.au/mythro/PICT0014.JPG

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
lachlan said:
Here is a picture of the underside of my control panel, the microswitches have 2 pins, not 3.
So all I need to do is connect a ground wire from button 3 to button 4 and connect wire 25 to the signal pin and ive got my 4th button working?

Yup. And if it's a multi-slot board, you'll need a Select button as well, running to pin 26 on the 1P side.

RE: microswitches: (SLAP) Duuuh... I forgot about JP switches only having 2 terminals...

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Lime2K said:
Yup. And if it's a multi-slot board, you'll need a Select button as well, running to pin 26 on the 1P side.

RE: microswitches: (SLAP) Duuuh... I forgot about JP switches only having 2 terminals...

I've only got an MVS 1 slot board so that doesn't matter.
Ok onto the next problem...The screw in buttons on my CP are practically stuck..what's a good way to get them out as I think they are the original buttons but they are in poor shape so they need replacements.