Gamespot says Samurai Shodown V Special coming to US PS2 & XBOX

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
If this is going to happen, It probably won't be for a while, like 2006 or 2007 imho.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Um, no. That news was posted months, if not over a year ago. Only SS5 normal will appear on Xbox. SS5 Special console developments got canned after the SS5S censorship scandal.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Link to Gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/samuraishodownzero/index.html?q=Samurai Shodown

It talks about the X-Box release for November, and says "also for PS2". However, it's not marked as SSVS, just the original SSV.

It could still be "Special" though. Weirder things have happened with game titles in the past. Remember when when SNK released the original KOF '98 for the Dreamcast and called it "King Of Fighters '99 Dream Match"? Also, remember when Namco's arcade version of Galaga 88 was called "Galaga 90" when it was released on the TG-16 home console in the US?

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
The game is not coming out unless this is something SNK USA is going to port themselves.

SS Tenka already has a PS2 release date in Japan, too.

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
SouthtownKid said:
Man, wake up. When it says "Release date: TBA", when a game of the same series that came out a year later already has a quarter specified, it means there is no game. Why don't you "add it to your games" and let us know what happens (rolls eyes until becomes dizzy and vomits).

Ye of little faith.

Man, ANYTHING can happen. You don't know what the future holds.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
Lyte Edge said:
The game is not coming out unless this is something SNK USA is going to port themselves.

SS Tenka already has a PS2 release date in Japan, too.

Agree. With SS Tenka on the way, I don't think a port of SSVS will ever see the light of day. The main reason why I got the Neo version.

Black Noah

Another Striker
Abster said:
Um, no. That news was posted months, if not over a year ago. Only SS5 normal will appear on Xbox. SS5 Special console developments got canned after the SS5S censorship scandal.

Censorship Scandal? Can you point me to a link that says what happened in all of that?

Much appreciated if you could.

- BN

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8099

www.the-nextlevel.com/board/showthread.php?t=30775

Some girl went apeshit on her classmate with a box cutter because she was obsessed with some kind of anime in Nagasaki and there were people crying about the violence in SS5 Special because they could see their precious rurus get beheaded.

As a result, SNKP delayed the AES release a full week JUST so they could censor them. They got rid of the zetsumeis they've been spending weeks advertising on their website and all generic fatalities. This created bugs in the game and sent the whole Neo Geo community into an uproar.

Fearing they'll suffer the same fate with a console release, they decided to can all SS5S console development.

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
Abster said:
www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8099

www.the-nextlevel.com/board/showthread.php?t=30775

Some girl went apeshit on her classmate with a box cutter because she was obsessed with some kind of anime in Nagasaki and there were people crying about the violence in SS5 Special because they could see their precious rurus get beheaded.

As a result, SNKP delayed the AES release a full week JUST so they could censor them. They got rid of the zetsumeis they've been spending weeks advertising on their website and all generic fatalities. This created bugs in the game and sent the whole Neo Geo community into an uproar.

Fearing they'll suffer the same fate with a console release, they decided to can all SS5S console development.

Whatever you say. cough faggot cough cough

SavagePencil

Crazed MVS Addict
I pre-ordered my XBox copy on EB's website. I just got an e-mail saying it's been pushed back to 12/6.

:(

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
SavagePencil said:
I pre-ordered my XBox copy on EB's website. I just got an e-mail saying it's been pushed back to 12/6.

:(
You pre-ordered SSVS for PS2 or Xbox?! EB is shameless. Pushed back to 12/6 of what year?

SavagePencil

Crazed MVS Addict
SouthtownKid said:
You pre-ordered SSVS for PS2 or Xbox?! EB is shameless. Pushed back to 12/6 of what year?

Actually I stopped using Amazon after I waited over a month for something that had already come out. I don't have time during the week to hit up the game stores, so online shipping is usually the way I go.

Also I hated to disrupt the scintillating conversation above, but it looks like December 6th is the new ship date (at least for the XBox).

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:

I hope he doesn't mean SSV. I'm really hoping for this month.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
SavagePencil said:
Here's the link to the XBox one (wtf? PS2 isn't listed anymore?!? :conf: ):

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256343.asp

12/6

Unless you know of a more reputable listing of release dates, I think that's it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *gasp* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *shakes fists at the sky* :crying: