SNK nex-gen project

C-STRIKERZ

n00b
in tgs 2005 snk annonce that they will relesed a new kof on the nex-gen console....okay ... the first thing that pop out in my mind is maximam impact...and that's bother me a lot cuz i realy love the old kof character's and mm character are taken the spotlight from the old one's .... and that what we saw in the anmie .

enough with mm snk said that the game will be in 3d ...... and i don't think that they will make a new 3d kof ..... and leave the 2d .....what if ...the next kof chapter's is a 3d game ? what do you think guy's ?

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I'd pretty much be happy with anything 2d.

newhere

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Mark of the Wolves said:
It will be Maximum Impact 3.
I guess he meant brand new kof title. Cause I guess im remembering something like that. A new kof out of MI and XI.but I could be mistaken.
:confused:

Akihabara

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Maybe it's MI2 for next gen with some new additions?

MI2 will be a VERY important game for SNK.

onefortheride

Dodgeball Yakuza
very important ... thats an understatement.

i hope whatever it is, is at least something decent.
but dont hold your breath.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
with virtua fighter around,
other companies shouldn't even bother with 3d fighting games

tekken v - 5.1 - dark resurrection are definitely getting some attention

but that's just because vf 5 isn't out yet

having said that,
maximum impact,well... :spock:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i don't hate them for trying,no

i simply couldn't care less

and the fact mi 1 was pretty mediocre
and 2 will prolly be just slighty better
doesn't help the cause

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
With no more MVS/homecart releases ever coming, I can sit back and see whatever they come up with without getting too worked up. I'd like them to keep developing 2D fighters, but if they want to concentrate on the direct-to-home market, and play around with 3D...whatever. I was not planning on getting an AW, and even my favorite Neo games are pretty much all from 10 years ago. Even if they came out with 5 new 2D fighters a year, in 10 years from now, I'm sure more than half of my favorite SNK fighters would still be the ones they were in 1995.

Whatever they decide to do, I'll take it as it comes and try my best to judge it on its own merit, without wishing it was something else. The only thing I ask is that they not give up so quickly like they did with the Hyper 64. I've said it a million times like a broken record, but even as much as I prefer 2D to 3D, I think if they had been able to last a few more generations of games with the Hyper 64, we would have seen some really great stuff.

Max Impact was a million miles from perfect, but it was as promising a first attempt at 3D (for snkp), as Street Smart was for a first attempt at 2D fighting. It was a long wait until Fatal Fury 2 rolled around.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
:p

street smart / 1989 * garou 2 / 1992

so 3 years of "wait"

playmore has been around longer than that

snk went under at the end of 2001

it's been 4 years now

but nah,i gave playmore a lot of shit in the past

they're not snk that's for sure

but i liked the majority of their games ( or games published by them like ss 0 sp )

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I want so see a Mushihime-style shmup from Playmore... j/k

Ah well, I'm not one of those MI haters. I found it quite, uhm, respectable for a first step in 3D games development. Maybe it wasn't what most ppl expected, but I sure as hell won't bash it just because it's 3D.

Gameplay-wise, MI was a step in the right direction if you ask me because it contains lots of elements of 2D fighters but adds another dimension, just like FF:WA did some years ago. Of course it has its shortcomings (and balance issues), but after spending some days with it both vs CPU (which is lame) and in 2P, I think if they iron out some flaws, MI2 will be a much better game and get a broader acceptance... yeah, it's not VF4 Evo and will never be, but that would be too much to ask for anyway.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'd like to see KOF MI2 be a success just for the fact that it'd pump money into company, thus letting them continue with the 2D games for the fanatics

does that make sense?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
yes, but you'll play anything with a blue three letter logo on

other people aren't as blind

HMM VF4 OR MI .. let me see.

Takumaji said:
I want so see a Mushihime-style shmup from Playmore... j/k

Ah well, I'm not one of those MI haters. I found it quite, uhm, respectable for a first step in 3D games development. Maybe it wasn't what most ppl expected, but I sure as hell won't bash it just because it's 3D.

Gameplay-wise, MI was a step in the right direction if you ask me because it contains lots of elements of 2D fighters but adds another dimension, just like FF:WA did some years ago. Of course it has its shortcomings (and balance issues), but after spending some days with it both vs CPU (which is lame) and in 2P, I think if they iron out some flaws, MI2 will be a much better game and get a broader acceptance... yeah, it's not VF4 Evo and will never be, but that would be too much to ask for anyway.

onefortheride

Dodgeball Yakuza
kernow said:
other people aren't as blind.

:kekeke: yeah, playmore tried ... but its painfully obvious they arent SNK.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
kernow said:

pot kettle black nintendo.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
It would be very odd if anybody even expected a KOF or Fatal Fury game to play like VF4 EVO.

They may be 3D, but they are still clearly not in the same genre. KOF MI is still a 2D fighter with a 3D look. It's better compared to Street Fighter EX or Bloody Roar, or SNK's not-so-great 3D 2D-style fighting games. If playmore were still SNK, then KOF MI would've looked worse and played worse. SNK had a great team, but they were bad at 3D.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
kernow said:

I'm not blind, I only have -4/-3.25 dioptrine... :cool:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
pot kettle black nintendo.

I think the difference is the majority of nintendo titles are close to exceptional. And the sales proof this.

I work for EGM Brasil - the only official word we havefrom the company regarding a next-gen KOF game is another stupid Maximum Impact title.

Don't hold your breath for anything 2D or OMG HI RES GGX-STYLE SPRITES kinda stuff.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
wizkid007 said:
I think the difference is the majority of nintendo titles are close to exceptional. And the sales proof this.
prove

I wish nintendo didn't milk mario so much though. DS is really tempting me lately, and the wifi is sounding really cool.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Fran said:

street smart / 1989 * garou 2 / 1992

so 3 years of "wait"

playmore has been around longer than that
But since they have a fraction of SNK's staff (and the staff they do have has a fraction of the talent SNK staff had), you're going to have to extend the waiting period...

But I was talking more about their attempts at 3D, of which MI was their first. I've already been enjoying a lot of their 2D stuff.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
wizkid007 said:

doesnt change the fact its hypocritical.