Question about neo geo controller pinout

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
Hi all,
i'm working to make a stick with sanwa parts to use for neo geo aes

i've found this: http://www.gamesx.com/controldata/neocont.htm

but D button is linked twice

once on pin 4 and another on pin 9

so what i have to do?link only on one pin (which one?) or link 4 and 9 to the same pushbutton?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I personally used only pin 4 and it worked OK with my old-style stick. It would also work if you only used pin 9. You can also use both at the same time (may be required for the new style and NGCD pad if you were to buid a control port for a supergun). :chimp:

Last edited:

Robert

20 Year Member
Could someone explain please the use of two pins for a single button?

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
Amano Jacu said:
I personally used only pin 4 and it worked OK with my old-style stick. It would also work if you only used pin 9. You can also use both at the same time (may be required for the new style and NGCD pad if you were to buid a control port for a supergun). :chimp:

i want to link directly stick and pushbuttons to neo geo cable

will this work?
it seems that neo geo links are direct isn't it?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Robert said:
Could someone explain please the use of two pins for a single button?

I don't know, maybe it has something to do with the mahjong controller? No idea, but it's no big deal. It's actually quite useful for supergun use because the 4th button is not JAMMA standar, and this way you can do some combination with a kick harness for 6-button capcom games in a supergun.

i want to link directly stick and pushbuttons to neo geo cable

will this work?
it seems that neo geo links are direct isn't it?

Not sure if this is what you mean, but yes, just connecting ground and the corresponding wire to each microswitch an arcade controller will work in the Neo.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
you only need to wire 'button D' to pins 4 and 9 of the JOYPORTS, if you're building a supergun or consolized systems.

if you're building a controller of some sort, then you can chose, which of the 2 pins you want to use. as long as the joyports of the system are wired up proberly, it'll work.

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
and if i link either pin 4 and pin 9 this will work everywhere?

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Pin 9 need not be used at all, either on the stick or on the joy ports. Note that on mobos with joy ports pin 4 is connected to the jamma pins and therefore is enough...