super neo 29 cab monitor issues

JayL

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hi!
I just got my super neo 29 candy cab, and everything looks good, except
29" monitor has big fat scanlines with reduced detail, everything is really blocky.
It is imposible to look at from the close range.
Is there anything that can be done ?
Regards,
JL

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
I'm assumeing you've played with all the nobs and switches? Or have you not found them? There is a detail / something else nob in back, and there are a ton of nobs if you unlock the joystick panel and pick up the molding arround the monitor. If fooling with thoes nobs doesn't work, you'll probbaly need to cap kit it which is really dangerous.

JayL

Cheng's Errand Boy
I was told yesterday, that this is the way it is with this cab and some people like it and some hate it. I guess maybe it is so. Maybe I'm just being to picky, but I just didn't think it should be that pixalated, I thought it should be much smoother.
there were some controls in the front, but it mostly to control position h/v , color and contrast. I didn't see any controls on detail.

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
JayL said:
I was told yesterday, that this is the way it is with this cab and some people like it and some hate it. I guess maybe it is so. Maybe I'm just being to picky, but I just didn't think it should be that pixalated, I thought it should be much smoother.
there were some controls in the front, but it mostly to control position h/v , color and contrast. I didn't see any controls on detail.

There are two knobs in the back that adjust it. If you are asking "why doesn't it look like a VGA monitor I play emulators on", that is because it's an Arcade monitor and it's built spherically for games, and has a resolution to fit what games run at. If it looks vastly different from a normal arcade monitor then you need to either cap it or adjust the knobs in the back.

JayL

Cheng's Errand Boy
ravenmgs, thanks for your help.
as I said in my pm, it didn't look even close to the resolution I would get from my neo cd system.
So , I played a bit with a monitor controls upfront and made a visible screen smaller, about 25" and now it looks perfect.
Now, my question is, is it possible that mvs board doesn't output correct resolution somehow ? Is this a monitor problem, and monitor resolution has to be reset some how ?
I can live with it like this, but I would like to play games full screen of course
Regards,
JL

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
I remember reading awhile back that neo didn't look very good on monitors larger than 25" as the resolution is quite small to begin with.