Blazing Star

J

jpj

i've been playing this a lot recently, and looking for a bit of veteran advice. my high score at the moment is just over 4 million. and i know about charge shot multipliers. LUCKY bonuses. boss timer. and accumulating the blue crystals.

but....

can someone please explain the little colour-dot halos? :help: i've found that getting them to appear on screen is basically your secret bonus at the end of level. but that's whether you collect them or not. and in fact, if you leave them, the next one will appear in a different colour. they go through red, pink, blue green, etc, and end on flashing. but they don't seem to have a direct affect on your score!? and the "yumetasan" halo (the large one with flashing jap symbol) is something entirely different (that's to do with clearing the whole screen, and powerup bonuses, before anyone posts about that.).

also, when you've lost a credit, does anyone understand the stats it gives you re: "break" "level X/255", and so on?

i own the jap AES version now, so if you can read japanese, i could send you some scans.

any help would be greatly appreciated, but please to don't respond to this unless you can actually answer these questions. :shame:

thank you,
jpj.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Those "halos" act as a multiplier. If you touch the first one, all your multiplier hits while it lasts will start at x2. If you don't touch it and wait for the second instead, they'll start at x4. And so on until x64 I think. So it's better not to touch them and wait for a zone that allows a lot of hits, then tocuh one for a multiplier as high as possible.

any help would be greatly appreciated, but please to don't respond to this unless you can actually answer these questions.

And you could have used the search on this forum as there's some threads regarding this game that explain this and other questions...

Last edited:
J

jpj

... i think you're wrong...?

do you mean you have to get to the flashing halo for the multiplier to come into effect? (ie starts at x128).

you wouldn't believe how difficult it is finding info on this game. i searched this site for blazing star stuff, and other than the faq ("shoot the enemies, try not to get shot, etc"), it was a bit useless. and one of my copies of this thread got closed because i'm "scamming" someone???

anywho, new score today is 4.8 million after milking the 2nd form of stage 3 boss. so it's goin' up!

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
First of all, you shouldn't "copy" your thread over the other boards, this is the correct one for this question.

And just by searching "blazing star" in this board I found this:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114046&highlight=blazing+star

And you don't need the flashing halo for the multiplier to work, it's just that when you have it, all chains start at a higher level instead of just 1x. For example if you let 2 halos pass and touch the third then all chains start at 8x while it lasts.

J

jpj

i know you don't need the halo to start the multiplier, but i still think you're wrong. by your logic, the red halo should therefore start out at x4, but it's just normal. and i find this with higher colours too.

also, the manual mentions something about two symbols that have an affect in 2 player (one saying something-100%), do you know anything about those???

thanks for your help.

J

jpj

well, after a lot of misinformation from people who probably don't use english as a first language, i've sussed out blazing star.

new score: 8.8 million.

if you differentiate between normal shot, and charge shot, the event items increase the score multiplier only on your normal shot, at a flat rate, for a small amount of time. ie, you get the yellow, pressing A for naormal shot, everything is worth x2. wait till, say, green, everything is x64. but as a *flat rate* only using normal shot. so it's still mosly beneficial to use the charge shot. but instances where there is a whole screen wave of enemies, that last for a few seconds, that's your ideal time.

so after all that, it's not that much use anyway! :angry:

side note: difficulty level affects points of standard enemies. the top japanese players all play on level 8. :loco:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
jpj said:
Well, after a lot of misinformation from people who probably don't use English as a first language. I've sussed out blazing star.

Congrads