SNK Playmore USA booth @ DigitalLife UPDATED WITH PICS

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Just dropped by the show in NYC this morning and I was quite surprised to see that SNK had a booth there - appart from the big MS, Sony and Nintendo they were the only ones.

Ben Herman was standing there and we had a little chat on their upcoming thing (we talked PSP and DS mainly, could not get a title but some adaptations are apparetnly in the work) - Ben if you read this I'd love a Metal Slug compilation on my PSP ;)

There were three screens on the booth - SamSho V for Xbox and KOF 94 re-bout for Xbox as well, both were only 75% finished (dixit B. Herman) and it showed, the games were slow and very blurry -even buggy at times for KOF.
The last screen was only a non playable demo of KOF MI (if i remember correctly).
All in all not an impressive booth but in any case it is good to see that SNk is still around, they even had a freebie: a KOF poster signed by Falcoon (print) and made expecially for the show.

Seeing all the tournamemts going around I just wish that SNK had tought of having one has well. Would have been nice to see a couple MVS setup to fight fans.

digitallife%20010.jpg

digitallife%20011.jpg

digitallife%20013.jpg

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Whoa, Whoa, WTF?

There is a show going on right now that SNK is at?

Please give me the details A.S.A.P.

If Possible I would like to go. Thanks.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
ORPHEUS said:
Whoa, Whoa, WTF?

There is a show going on right now that SNK is at?

Please give me the details A.S.A.P.

If Possible I would like to go. Thanks.

Digital Life is taking place at the Javitz center in New York. Started yesterday and goes on till tomorrow afternoon.

The Xbox 360 is also demoed there - no can touch - it's a lot smaller than I expected and look very sleek. Graphics do show improvement and I now want one :D
Sony is demoying a few games (Star Wars Batlefront, Everquest 2...) and Nintendo has playable versions of Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing DS = yes they are cool and I did play both.

http://digitallife.com/

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I guess that rules out Xbox SamSho5 in the next couple weeks, or whenever it was supposed to be.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
I guess that rules out Xbox SamSho5 in the next couple weeks, or whenever it was supposed to be.

Oh, no! Don't you put a damper on my expectations!

EDIT:
My copy's paid in full now. Need only to wait for release and postage from good ole' Wal-Mart. w00t!

Last edited:

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
SouthtownKid said:

unless they work 24/7 or they have a genius on board... pretty much. I mean, 75% finished is really not close at all to release.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Nice!
I wish I could go but ohwell these pics will have to do.

Alba Meira

n00b
howdowin / orpheus:

Could you look into something for me? When you go to Digital Life See if you can pick up a copy of the KOF poster and scan it in. So we can finally see a high res version of the entire thing.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Alba Meira said:
howdowin / orpheus:

Could you look into something for me? When you go to Digital Life See if you can pick up a copy of the KOF poster and scan it in. So we can finally see a high res version of the entire thing.

Can't scan the thing it is too big + I do not have a scanner - at least you can see what it looks like.

digitallife%20026.jpg

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Oof, I hope they bring some of those to E3 next year. Someone was just mentioning in another thread that he was hoping they'd turn that book cover into a poster...

I don't see May Lee with the Korea team, but I see that Korean MI chick. Boo. Dont' see Tetsuo either. Or Angel, but she must be in there somewhere. And check out Kim Su Il and the Kim bros. sitting on top the bus.

Alba Meira

n00b
Me im just glad Alba and Soiree made it on there. Speaking of them Alba and K' Falcoon really did them justice on that poster Kensou however looks like he got shot with the fountian of Youth. ( IE: He looks 10 as apposed to 17)

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Duck King is on a poster for KOF?

And he doesnt have a face...

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I don't see Sho Hayate or the GBA KOF characters, but it is nice, but art has a wierd style.

Not a big Falcoon fan tho.

Capt. Takehiko

Crossed Swords Squire
I love that poster, but it is a shame about May Lee... I mean they've got Moriya and the Hyena guy...

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
I'm down with that poster. VERY nice.
I will try and snag as many as I can so I can hook you guys up with them for free.
Later.

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
SouthtownKid said:
I don't see May Lee with the Korea team, but I see that Korean MI chick. Boo. Dont' see Tetsuo either. Or Angel, but she must be in there somewhere.

See the window with the blinds pulled down?

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I got the mai poster from E3 (I bought it from O.Yashiro).

I need to get this one.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Damn... had no idea that SNK Playmore was going to be at Digital Life. I would have went just to snag one of the posters!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Frankfurt said:
See the window with the blinds pulled down?
Not really. If you mean the back one, it's kind of dark in the shot Howdoin posted. I can't see who is there.