PDA

View Full Version : SNK Playmore USA booth @ DigitalLife UPDATED WITH PICS

Howdoin
10-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Just dropped by the show in NYC this morning and I was quite surprised to see that SNK had a booth there - appart from the big MS, Sony and Nintendo they were the only ones.

Ben Herman was standing there and we had a little chat on their upcoming thing (we talked PSP and DS mainly, could not get a title but some adaptations are apparetnly in the work) - Ben if you read this I'd love a Metal Slug compilation on my PSP ;)

There were three screens on the booth - SamSho V for Xbox and KOF 94 re-bout for Xbox as well, both were only 75% finished (dixit B. Herman) and it showed, the games were slow and very blurry -even buggy at times for KOF.
The last screen was only a non playable demo of KOF MI (if i remember correctly).
All in all not an impressive booth but in any case it is good to see that SNk is still around, they even had a freebie: a KOF poster signed by Falcoon (print) and made expecially for the show.

Seeing all the tournamemts going around I just wish that SNK had tought of having one has well. Would have been nice to see a couple MVS setup to fight fans.

http://users.rcn.com/sheilakim/digitallife%20010.jpg

http://users.rcn.com/sheilakim/digitallife%20011.jpg

http://users.rcn.com/sheilakim/digitallife%20013.jpg

Orpheus
10-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Whoa, Whoa, WTF?

There is a show going on right now that SNK is at?

Please give me the details A.S.A.P.

If Possible I would like to go. Thanks.

Howdoin
10-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Whoa, Whoa, WTF?

There is a show going on right now that SNK is at?

Please give me the details A.S.A.P.

If Possible I would like to go. Thanks.

Digital Life is taking place at the Javitz center in New York. Started yesterday and goes on till tomorrow afternoon.

The Xbox 360 is also demoed there - no can touch - it's a lot smaller than I expected and look very sleek. Graphics do show improvement and I now want one :D
Sony is demoying a few games (Star Wars Batlefront, Everquest 2...) and Nintendo has playable versions of Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing DS = yes they are cool and I did play both.

http://digitallife.com/

Orpheus
10-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Eccellent!

Thanks alot Doin. I'm there tommorrow.

SouthtownKid
10-15-2005, 02:44 PM
I guess that rules out Xbox SamSho5 in the next couple weeks, or whenever it was supposed to be.

KagerouSama
10-15-2005, 04:17 PM
I guess that rules out Xbox SamSho5 in the next couple weeks, or whenever it was supposed to be.

Oh, no! Don't you put a damper on my expectations!

EDIT:
My copy's paid in full now. Need only to wait for release and postage from good ole' Wal-Mart. w00t!

Howdoin
10-15-2005, 04:49 PM

unless they work 24/7 or they have a genius on board... pretty much. I mean, 75% finished is really not close at all to release.

lachlan
10-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Nice!
I wish I could go but ohwell these pics will have to do.

Alba Meira
10-15-2005, 11:20 PM
howdowin / orpheus:

Could you look into something for me? When you go to Digital Life See if you can pick up a copy of the KOF poster and scan it in. So we can finally see a high res version of the entire thing.

Howdoin
10-15-2005, 11:40 PM
howdowin / orpheus:

Could you look into something for me? When you go to Digital Life See if you can pick up a copy of the KOF poster and scan it in. So we can finally see a high res version of the entire thing.

Can't scan the thing it is too big + I do not have a scanner - at least you can see what it looks like.

http://users.rcn.com/sheilakim/digitallife%20026.jpg

Alba Meira
10-15-2005, 11:44 PM
Thank you so much! You sir are a true winner ^_^!

SouthtownKid
10-16-2005, 12:15 AM
Oof, I hope they bring some of those to E3 next year. Someone was just mentioning in another thread that he was hoping they'd turn that book cover into a poster...

I don't see May Lee with the Korea team, but I see that Korean MI chick. Boo. Dont' see Tetsuo either. Or Angel, but she must be in there somewhere. And check out Kim Su Il and the Kim bros. sitting on top the bus.

rarehero
10-16-2005, 01:21 AM
nice poster.

Alba Meira
10-16-2005, 01:25 AM
Me im just glad Alba and Soiree made it on there. Speaking of them Alba and K' Falcoon really did them justice on that poster Kensou however looks like he got shot with the fountian of Youth. ( IE: He looks 10 as apposed to 17)

Nesagwa
10-16-2005, 01:38 AM
Duck King is on a poster for KOF?

And he doesnt have a face...

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo
10-16-2005, 02:03 AM
nice poster.

Cavalry
10-16-2005, 02:08 AM
I want that poster.

Violent Ryo
10-16-2005, 02:30 AM
I don't see Sho Hayate or the GBA KOF characters, but it is nice, but art has a wierd style.

Not a big Falcoon fan tho.

Capt. Takehiko
10-16-2005, 03:33 AM
I love that poster, but it is a shame about May Lee... I mean they've got Moriya and the Hyena guy...

Orpheus
10-16-2005, 03:39 AM
I'm down with that poster. VERY nice.
I will try and snag as many as I can so I can hook you guys up with them for free.
Later.

Greywolf
10-16-2005, 04:20 AM
Yep, that poster sure is nice. :)

Frankfurt
10-16-2005, 09:19 AM
I don't see May Lee with the Korea team, but I see that Korean MI chick. Boo. Dont' see Tetsuo either. Or Angel, but she must be in there somewhere.

See the window with the blinds pulled down?

Jack Burton
10-16-2005, 03:33 PM
I got the mai poster from E3 (I bought it from O.Yashiro).

I need to get this one.

VinylBoy
10-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Damn... had no idea that SNK Playmore was going to be at Digital Life. I would have went just to snag one of the posters!

SouthtownKid
10-16-2005, 03:56 PM
See the window with the blinds pulled down?Not really. If you mean the back one, it's kind of dark in the shot Howdoin posted. I can't see who is there.

Borman
10-16-2005, 06:22 PM
I didnt even know the show was taking place! People have to give more warning for something like that lol

newhere
10-16-2005, 06:40 PM
I don't see May Lee with the Korea team, but I see that Korean MI chick. Boo. Dont' see Tetsuo either. Or Angel, but she must be in there somewhere. And check out Kim Su Il and the Kim bros. sitting on top the bus.

Yeah I couldnt find may lee, too. She should be around Kim but... Anyway I found Angel I guess. Look above mai poster on the bus. Shes there. But I couldnt recognize the guy next to her.

Momoko also the one i couldnt find but I dont care cause I find Kaoru Watabe next to Athena (yaay shes my favourite.)

prefect
10-17-2005, 01:00 AM
unless they work 24/7 or they have a genius on board... pretty much. I mean, 75% finished is really not close at all to release.

We do work 24/7 and we have several geniuses on board.

It's coming...be patient :)

Gamefan
10-18-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm down with that poster. VERY nice.
I will try and snag as many as I can so I can hook you guys up with them for free.
Later.

That would be awesome if you could hook us up with this poster.

GAMEFAN

rodolfocm
10-19-2005, 06:20 AM
WHOA! Get me a posttteeerrr, please! :D

RichardDark
10-19-2005, 07:01 AM
There is really no Char from KOF2001 in this poster,I have the artbook whit the same cover.
The Girl above the Mai Poster ist Elisabeth of KOF XI and Oswald.

Foxy was already a striker in KOF2000,so she don't really belong to the KOF 01/02 crew.

There is no K'9999(well I don't care about thats ^^),no Igniz,no Orginal Zero(the striker lion and this ninja guy are not there as well),no May Lee and no Angel (I hate you Falcoon and SNKP for thats!!) on this artwork/poster.
It looks like SNKP want to forget about KOF01/02.
I really tought on this Poster would be all KOF char of SNK/SNKP but well they act like KOF01 never happend in the SNKP History. I only wonder why they do such a thing :oh_no:

SouthtownKid
10-19-2005, 07:44 AM
There is really no Char from KOF2001 in this poster,I have the artbook whit the same cover.
The Girl above the Mai Poster ist Elisabeth of KOF XI and Oswald.

Foxy was already a striker in KOF2000,so she don't really belong to the KOF 01/02 crew.

There is no K'9999(well I don't care about thats ^^),no Igniz,no Orginal Zero(the striker lion and this ninja guy are not there as well),no May Lee and no Angel (I hate you Falcoon and SNKP for thats!!) on this artwork/poster.
It looks like SNKP want to forget about KOF01/02.
I really tought on this Poster would be all KOF char of SNK/SNKP but well they act like KOF01 never happend in the SNKP History. I only wonder why they do such a thing :oh_no:But isn't that Foxy, between Seth and Diana?

RichardDark
10-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Yes I already said Foxy is in there because she was already in KOF2000 as striker.
So she is a char frome the old SNK and so she is in there. She was not really a new char in KOF2001 and becuase of this I think you can't count her to the new char crew of KOF2001,she was in KOF2000 but not really playable

newhere
10-19-2005, 03:32 PM
who are they? (http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1170/whoarethey4we.jpg) http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1170/whoarethey4we.jpg

KagerouSama
10-19-2005, 03:43 PM
1. Looks like Whip.
2. Looks like another poster to me.
3. Looks like Rugal
4&5 are too dark for me to make out.
6. Choi
7. Someone's severed head on Chang's ball. I can't tell.

Still, this would make a killer wallpaper. I wish they'd put it on the d/l list.

EDIT:
Anyone spot Yamazaki, Mary, or Gato?

EDIT2: Found Mary next to Terry. I see Yamazaki now too. :emb:

RichardDark
10-19-2005, 04:01 PM
1. G-Mantle (think this was his name Striker KOF2000 and SNK Mascot)
2. King Lion (Striker KOF2000 finalboss in Savage Reign)
3. Adelheid&Rose (KOF2003/XI)
4.The Kyo Clones,Kusanagi and this Cosplayer Girl thats looks like Kyo
5. Nakoruru(Striker KOF2000,Samurai Showdown),Lilly Kane(Striker KOF2000),Fio(Striker kof2000 Metal Slug),Alfred(Striker KOF2000 Fatal Fury Real Bout2 Special)
6. Choi like already said
7. Smart Chang (striker KOF2000)

Mary ist between Terry,Shingo and Goro
Yamazaki to the right of the griffion mask
Gato hard to see betwen Hinako and this KOF MI Talk guy(The green clothes guy whit blone hair)

hanafuda
10-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Nice poster, but the artwork is actually used for a book out in Japan called the KOF Ultimate Reader (or similar).

http://www.kof10th.com/related/new_goods10.php

Duck does have a face, it is just he is looking at the floor and his eyes and mouth are tucked right into his left arm.