RALF & CLARK in METAL SLUG 6

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Old news? Couldn't find it in the search engine, but, the October isssue of Arcadia has a screenshot of MS 6 showing the Ikari duo.

As for future KOFs, it'd be cool if there was a code for more Ikari-ish sprites of R & C. There is an old-school looking unused Ralf sprite in the KOF '99 art gallery on the PS1 and NGCD. And, he also has one in KOF MI, so why not for the 2-D version?

Lycan645

Banned
Wasn't there a rumor that ralf and clark were in metal slug 5? Think it turned out to be false but it would be like one of those rumors turned true like the whole sheng long nonesense at m.bisons stage.

H

hermegildo

The Shen Long rumor was never true, Capcom of Japan just added Gouki/Akuma because of them.

If that's what you mean, then yes, SNKP might've probably gotten the idea from those fake MS5 screens that started floating around the interweb back then. It made too much sense for it not to happen and here we are now with Ralf and Clark as selectable characters in 6.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I really hope MS6 will be better than 5...
Old news.

Lycan645

Banned
hermegildo said:
The Shen Long rumor was never true, Capcom of Japan just added Gouki/Akuma because of them.

If that's what you mean, then yes, SNKP might've probably gotten the idea from those fake MS5 screens that started floating around the interweb back then. It made too much sense for it not to happen and here we are now with Ralf and Clark as selectable characters in 6.

In one of the fake screens I think it showed clark performing his super argentine back breaker on one of the morden troops. Did snkp incorporate that too? I wonder what special moves they'll have.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Apparently Clark does his SAB, and Ralk does his Vulcan punch in MS6 :)

Kaz

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
The scenario of turning rumor or false stuff into reality reminds me of Blizzard's Warcraft 3. When they pulled the April Fool's Joke and had falsified Warcraft 3 screenshots of the Panderan army (a whole civilization of fighting Chinese Pandas). Needless to say, in the expansion they threw in a Panderan as a Mercenary hero, you can hire.

That, and the whole Leona/Chang bug that SNK-Playmore just had to find funny, and incorporate that later into win quotes and end-game animations.

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Now Leona... that's who you need to put in Metal Slug. Have her stabbing ppl and blowing them up with dynamite. Lord, I'd be looking forward to the next release if she was in it. :crying:

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
neojedi said:
Now Leona... that's who you need to put in Metal Slug. Have her stabbing ppl and blowing them up with dynamite. Lord, I'd be looking forward to the next release if she was in it. :crying:

Seconded. Even though I'll buy Metal Slug anyway, Leona in the game, with her patented stab and explode ability, would be ace! (Yes! I finally have a scenario to use the "would be ace" phrase!)

neo>all

Super nO0b
heidern in a metal slug would be a godsend
15.gif

Capt. Takehiko

Crossed Swords Squire
Your sig sucks.

Ralf and Calrk in MS6 should make it more interesting but lets hope everything other then this gimmick isn't forgotten.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Capt. Takehiko said:
Your sig sucks.

Ralf and Calrk in MS6 should make it more interesting but lets hope everything other then this gimmick isn't forgotten.

I regret ever linking that site to here.