scart selector box needed. any advice?

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
short story
i am looking for a 4 or more micro switch scart selector box that is fair priced.
the output of it needs to be rewired so i hope it is not all molded.

long story
ok this is my plan i ordered an euro scart cable for each of my remaining games systems that need rgb snes, n64, saturn, psx, jaguar and dreamcast.
i plan to run all or most of these sytems to one scart selector box.
then i plan to convert the output side of the euro scart to the 21 japanese scart standard. i have to do this so i can run the output of the scart selector box to my xrgb2 plus. i have to do the converting cuz that is what the xrgb2 plus uses for the rgb input. i see auto switching scart boxes out but i dont trust them cuz the way i will be rigging my set up. when conert everything that might mess with the auto part. some scart boxes i saw on ebay dont say how they switch...
in a way they may be just a mega y splitter. i dont like that idea.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
so not all scart boxes are rgb? if so i would guess they do not use every pin on the inside then?

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
You don't need to rewire the selector box but only one end of the scart cable that goes from the selector box to the XRGB+. If you see the link posted above, of the 4 sockets 3 are inputs and one is the output.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
yea i planed on only rewiring the one output end. i was just hoping it was not premolded to make it easier for me.
looks like i may need 2 boxes and maybe a male to female scart cable i could rewire. so i dont have to mess up any of the scart selector boxes.