[Interview] with Falcoon at TGS 2005

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
At this year's Tokyo Game Show, Planet-SNK had the opportunity to interview "Falcoon", producer and art director for the King of Fighters series, at the SNK Playmore booth:

Complete interview here: http://www.planet-snk.de/?show=article&id=2978

02.jpg

Akihabara

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I also had an interview with Falcoon, nice guy but unfortunately the interview will be in Dutch only on a site. This guy can draw alright...

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Great interview, thanks for the link.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It cracks me up that the first thing he mentions in the interview is the ability in 3D to add bracelets to characters. Now that we know the cartoon "episodes" are going to be released on the web, I hope someone gets a chance to ask how many minutes long each will be. But it was a good interview -- thanks!

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Planet-SNK: Many SNK fans are curious about the future of the Fatal Fury series, especially because of the ending of Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Is there anything you'd like to tell us about a Fatal Fury sequel?

Falcoon: Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything at the moment.

:very_ang: :annoyed: He could have at least been like there is nothing in the works or something.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Well, maybe they have something under wraps, and it's still too early for them to share details. I heard a rumor a long time ago about a MotW sequel, but that apparently was just a rumor. Who knows, though?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Señor Spelbergo said:
01.jpg

I want that poster in the back
I think that's the cover illustration of that new book that just came out. There was a link to it somewhere here, but I'm too lazy to find it. Maybe there's a poster version of it for consumers as well. Or maybe if people start begging now, SNK USA can get hold of or make some for next year's E3.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Sweet!

Still can't make up my mind which art style I like more, his or Shinkiro (hope I spelled that right)

GK

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
SouthtownKid said:
I think that's the cover illustration of that new book that just came out. There was a link to it somewhere here, but I'm too lazy to find it. Maybe there's a poster version of it for consumers as well. Or maybe if people start begging now, SNK USA can get hold of or make some for next year's E3.
It oddly looks so similar to the Capcom Design Works cover...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
seba_boi said:
It oddly looks so similar to the Capcom Design Works cover...
Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of, too. The cover looks just like it...all the characters, walking to the left... completely shameless. Still looked cool, though. I wish I remembered where the link was.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Nice interview, too bad he gave so many vague "no comment"-esque answers :mad:

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
SouthtownKid said:
Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of, too. The cover looks just like it...all the characters, walking to the left... completely shameless. Still looked cool, though.
Except this one looks more intricately drawn... The Capcom Design Works one was fine but looked more rushed by Kinu Nishimura....
SouthtownKid said:
I wish I remembered where the link was.
Do you remember the name?... I'd love to get this book if it has more of Falcoon's and Senri Kita's stuff... I really don't like the drawings for the old SNK (like the banner for the website in this thread's link)--They all look the same...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
seba_boi said:
Except this one looks more intricately drawn... The Capcom Design Works one was fine but looked more rushed by Kinu Nishimura....
Do you remember the name?... I'd love to get this book if it has more of Falcoon's and Senri Kita's stuff... I really don't like the drawings for the old SNK (like the banner for the website in this thread's link)--They all look the same...
I found it... HERE. There are a few links at the bottom; the one above the Amazon Japan takes you to a larger shot of the book with description of contents (in Japanese).

You can order from Amazon Japan from other countries, right? I wouldn't mind the NBC mook from them, either...

Last edited:

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
SouthtownKid said:
I found it... HERE. There are a few links at the bottom; the one above the Amazon Japan takes you to a larger shot of the book with description of contents (in Japanese).

You can order from Amazon Japan from other countries, right? I wouldn't mind the NBC mook from them, either...
Thanx!!!... So it's like the KOF version of Street Fighter Eternal Challenge... Looks awesome despite the almost exact copy of the Capcom Design Works cover :glee:...
p_newgoods10_l.gif
1586.a.jpg

Well the back cover does..

I hope they release a North American version that's translated... But then again UDON was responsible for the Street Fighter one...

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Damn he looks like he lost weight.