I like the six button Japanese layout.

PS: I'm using Sanwa parts.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
gamejunkie said:
I don't even know where to look. I'm helpless. :chimp:

I like the six button Japanese layout.

PS: I'm using Sanwa parts.

Try the tech forums over at Shoryuken.com.

When I need a template I use graph paper, and make my own. That way you have control over how much space you want between buttons.

luggal

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm not familiar with what the dimensional differences are between Sanwa and Happ, for example, but here is the template in MS Word format that I used as a base. Maybe it will help.

For my sticks, I ended up pushing the buttons over to the right a full button-width and adding the Neo Geo "A" button on the 3rd line. A cross between Capcom and Neo Geo I guess. Like this:

joysmall.jpg

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
toodles said:
http://www.marcuspost.com/images/measuredsticklayout.jpg

The leftmost 6 buttons are your standard japanese layout, and matches the layout on my namco stick perfectly. Its not really an image you can printout as a template, but the exact measurements you need are there. (Layout on the agetec stick is NOT your standard japanese layout)

Is that joystick hole in the standard place too?

toodles

Zero's Secretary
Ya know, I hadnt checked that until now. Compared to my Namco, no. The namco stick is about 10 mm's farther from the buttons, and 15mm's higher. Compared to the stick on my Hori "Real Arcade VF" stick for Saturn, its dead on.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Cool thanks! I'm about to be doing some major construction work on different projects and I can no longer play on an American layout. Even with concave buttons...