'King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2' Trailer

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
SNK Playmore release the first KoF Maximum Impact 2 (PS2) trailer. You can see parts of the cool intro and many game scenes... :mr_t:

Download here: http://www.snkplaymore.jp/game/event/tgs/2005/report/movie/mi2.exe

movie_p02.jpg

01.jpg
04.jpg

06.jpg
05.jpg

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
not bad, but i can't stand blurry .wmv files. higher res would be nice.
soundtrack inspired by apocalyptica, eh? i kinda like that.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I like the shot where Terry gets knocked to his knees, kind of looking like the RBS intro.

The butterfly-thing logo makes it look like the game will revolve around Luise (that RPG-looking, white-haired new character).

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Hey. SNK didn't just invent the Super Move in Fighting games. Nor did they just invent the idea of line-movment (multiple 2D playfields) in 2D fighting games. Nor did they just revolutionize weapon-based combat in a 2D fighter. Nor did they just simply show us that Monkeys, that can operate radios to start a fighting game BGM and follow the fight, are cool.

They also invented the ever so popular breast bounce. So why would you be surprised???????

Breast physics, real or not, is in SNK's legacy. Playmore is just following that up. :)
They, at least, can't be cited for being a copycat, this time.

A post '94 SNK fighter (sans any special US Neo-geo censorship) without copious amounts of breast movement is like a Team Ninja game without copious amounts of Ninjas in it. It just isn't going to happen. Well, unless, either all female characters, in said game, are under-developed young ones, or hell freezes over again. I heard it did, once. :) :)

Last edited:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
mi2.exe? Ewww.
Is it available as just the *.wmv?

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
KagerouSama said:
mi2.exe? Ewww.
Is it available as just the *.wmv?

You haven't downloaded many movies from SNKP's japan website have you?

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
JHendrix said:
You haven't downloaded many movies from SNKP's japan website have you?
Can't say I have.

Edit:
Nevermind. :emb:
Wine comes to the rescue.

Last edited:

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
haha... it looks funny..

not a remarkable change though... i wished the transition would be dramatic, graphics i mean, but i guess its pretty much the same old MI, only its Part 2...

and , uh, i though Ash Crimson is in the game??

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
roninbuddha said:
and , uh, i though Ash Crimson is in the game??
He better be.

I was sure I'd seen that as well, and now I can't remember where. I know he appears in the short cartoons which tie into MI2, so he should be around...

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
The graphics do seem to be 1 notch higher than the first game. As long as the game has some kick ass music and some good gameplay I am set. I really hope they add some sort of endings for this game that are a lot better than the first. I really didn't get much of a sense of reward or information on the characters story in the end. Anyways, looks like SNK Playmore is finally getting better with 3D these days.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Now I'm really looking forward to this. When is the release date again?

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Haven't played the first one (heard lots of negative stuff about it though) but this looks real nice.

The high damage has me sort of worried.

Leona in pants was weird.

Kyo's 'redesign' rocks.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I hope they'll scale some of the damage down a bit, or give you the option to change the speed of the game. Matches were over way too quick in the first.

Other than that, nothing but props from me. Looking forward to it!

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Diavle18 said:
Haven't played the first one (heard lots of negative stuff about it though) but this looks real nice.

The high damage has me sort of worried.

Leona in pants was weird.

Kyo's 'redesign' rocks.

Considering you can nab the XBox version for pennies on the dollar now a days I highly reccomend getting it for novelty value alone. It's actually pretty fun if you dont' take it too seriously, and the auto combo type stuff chaining into traditional specials/supers is kind of cool.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
nevermind, i'm an idiot.
i hope this kof:mi is better than the last one.
it had some potential.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
Looks as bad as the first one. Wonder how long it'll take this one to hit the bargain bins?

What's funny is that around here, MI is on shelves new for $20.

The used game stores don't have a used copy under $45. :kekeke:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I picked up MI on PS2...not BAD....not great either. If they would've treated the presentation like an arcade KOF I would've been happier. Like and arcade mode where player 2 can hit start and challenge. Drop the shitty story mode and keep the Jpn voices. Then I would probably still play it.

If MI2 improves those things, I'll be very pleased.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I'll remember that playmore releases always come to xbox sooner or later live enabled. :annoyed:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Looks like the same game to me. No dramatic changes thus far.

GAMEFAN